Chief Suspended Today?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chief Suspended Today?

Chief Steve Singletary has been suspended, city officials said Sunday. What happened?http://forums.leoaffairs.com/images/...e/question.gif

Re: Chief Suspended Today?

Yeah keep running your big cowardly mouth while you hide under your computer desk, boy. Maybe you should go see him, get in his face, and offer to fight him. You don't have the damn guts to even look him in the eye much less take a swing at him. If you aren't willing to fist fight him to the death, then nobody respects you or cares about your opinion. STFU!

Why are you so angry? Fist fight to the death...wow!! Funny stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by captain
    Why are you so angry? Fist fight to the death...wow!! Funny stuff...
    Yeah... I found myself looking for a post that I might have overlooked. Christ man... Calm down. Your gonna have a heart attack if you keep talking like that.

City Manager Greg Horwedel was tight-lipped Monday about the nature of the allegations filed against the chief except to say they relate to his performance. Singletary is suspended indefinitely while Horwedel looks into the matter.

“I need to get to the bottom of it and decide the appropriate action,” Horwedel said.

Singletary is suspended with pay. Police Capt. Jerry Stwan is currently running the police department, Horwedel said.

I'm gonna guess he was found out doing body cavity searches on some dispatcher or something. just a guess but usually what happens.

I can guarantee that isn't the case.

No. That dispatcher made the "best" move and choose another career.

Smile Re: Chief Suspended Today?

I saw a TBO.com article where our city manager is saying he has been recieving emails for Chief Singletary. The email from Aaron Davis says, in part, “I don’t know Steve that well, but do think he is a good leader and loves his job and this city.” If you don't know him that well how can you comment on his leadership and love for his job. Not a very good email to give to the media when its just someones opinion. Nothing has changed since he has became our new Cheif. We were all hoping that having a new Cheif, having done actually police work in his career would mean changes, wrong. All our department is about is stats. They don't care about the quality of work they just want numbers on paper to spin however they want. They dont care these rookie cops are writing 50+ tickets a month to this towns citizens.

Our Chief is really big on image, his own image. He complains about us eating donuts (that officers purchased on their own) during breifing before our miserable festival traffic detail but doesn't stop going out and hanging out at local bars in the city. Pretty sure Grady Judd or David Gee aren't hanging out at bars. Not a single person I have talked to at the department is surprised about what they have heard. The TBO.com article also say that Horwedel would not disclose the nature of the complaints, except to say they were brought to the city’s attention by a private citizen and involve “serious violations of city policy.” But instead of asking FDLE to investigate, the city will conduct the investigation and bring in one person from the outside to help. The city manager is a push over. If he really cared and listen he would know that 90% of our department wants an outside Cheif. The former Cheif and city commissioners want someone already in their "click". It's funny to sit back and watch what is going on. I think its time we have another union vote because as you can see you need someone to fight for you.

How about they make us work the Strawberry Festival which isn't a city function but yet any non city junction off duty job that isn't filled no one is forced to work it???

Can we please just have an outside Cheif come in?

I want the best for you but most of all I want you to know "Chief" is spelled like this. Cannot take you seriously if you don't know how to spell the title of the person you work for.

doomass

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast