PAA - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: PAA

Re: PAA

HCSO likely won't hire you if you barely meet the minimum standards. You need to be able to run the mile and a half under 12 minutes to even think about making it at SOT, and be able to run 3+ miles at a good pace without stopping. This is not meant to discourage you, just being realistic.

Average Joe, again you post something you absolutely know nothing about. You are not going to pass the current yearly PAA by walking it. I am on a specialty team and in very good shape and I pass it in the high 3's to low 4 minutes. Which leaves me about a good minute and a half left. The person who is barely making it on the PAA will surely never pass the Fitness Challenge which is required to get on a specialty team, promotion and Transportation.

Why anybody would waste one ounce of sweat to try and get hired at this dump of a sheriffs office is beyond me. I too have worked at a prior agency before coming here and it was the biggest mistake of my life. I only wish I had read this site or did further checking before leaving what I thought was a inferior police agency. I have found HCSO to be far worse then where I previously worked and not even remotely close to being as family oriented or the same level of comraderie. Don't make this same mistake you all. Be sure you know what you are getting yourself in for. Man I wish I could use a Mulligan and get a do over. This place is like being stuck permanently in the Sand Trap. JMO....

Quote Originally Posted by FRJ Posse
    Average Joe, again you post something you absolutely know nothing about. You are not going to pass the current yearly PAA by walking it. I am on a specialty team and in very good shape and I pass it in the high 3's to low 4 minutes. Which leaves me about a good minute and a half left. The person who is barely making it on the PAA will surely never pass the Fitness Challenge which is required to get on a specialty team, promotion and Transportation.

Did I every say anything about a specialty team or a promotion? Notice I left off Transportation as that is a "turn key" job. And please take note that I said "PAA and State", not the fitness challenge and State, which by the way is not even recognized by the State.

I have many friends that are still there, and working in Recruitment and Training, and all say the yearly PAA, as required by the State, is still a joke.

Hey Joe, AGAIN you open your mouth and espouse something you know nothing about. There is no State mandated PAA. The only thing as far as physical fitness that FDLE requires is a test to graduate from a law enforcement/corrections academy. http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/get ... 81308.aspx

Officer Requirements

How to Become a Certified Officer in Florida

Individuals may become certified in the following disciplines:
    •Law Enforcement
    •Corrections
    •Correctional Probation

There are four primary steps to becoming a certified officer in Florida:

1. Meet the minimum qualifications.
    2. Complete the required training.
    3. Pass the State Officer Certification Exam (SOCE).
    4. Become employed as a sworn officer.

1. Meet the Minimum Qualifications established in Florida Statutes 943.13

Individuals must:
    •be at least 19 years of age.
    •be a citizen of the United States.
    •have earned a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) for law enforcement and corrections applicants. A bachelors degree is required for correctional probation officers.
    •not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement. Any person who, after July 1, 1981, pleads guilty or nolo contendere to, or is found guilty of a felony, or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, shall not be eligible for employment or appointment as an officer, not-withstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of adjudication.
    •never have received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
    •have documentation of processed fingerprints on file with the employing agency.
    •pass a physical examination by a licensed physician, physician assistant, or certified advanced registered nurse practitioner.
    •have good moral character as determined by a background investigation under procedures established by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission.

You come on here and run your gator just like that other retired jackass, Carl S use to do. It sounds to me like you have too much time on your hands. Have you ever thought about working part-time for HCSO again? I hear they have a crossing guard position opening up at Kingsway and Old Hillsborough.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    HCSO likely won't hire you if you barely meet the minimum standards. You need to be able to run the mile and a half under 12 minutes to even think about making it at SOT, and be able to run 3+ miles at a good pace without stopping. This is not meant to discourage you, just being realistic.

You are incorrect. I watched HCSO hire someone that barely passed. Dude law enforcement makes their own set of rules. They can use the rules they have to hire you if they want to and the rules they have to NOT hire you if they do not like you or want you.

Quote Originally Posted by To WolffeinPasco
    If you can not knock off like three minutes in the next four weeks I would not attempt to take the PAA. Think ahead. If you are having problems making the minimum standards now, you surely are going to have problems five to ten years into your career. I know this after almost thirty one years of continuous military service between the Regular Army and the Florida National Guard. I have watched soldiers in their younger years just barely make the minimum standards in their yearly PT test only to be chaptered out midway through their career.

You have to take the PAA again in 4 weeks if not you have to wait a year.

Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Quote Originally Posted by WolffeinPasco
    Sadly, I was DQ'd after the 1.5 mile run. Came in at 15:43.
    Dammit! Was told I could come back in 4 weeks.
    So pissed right now.
    Sorry to hear that. Atleast you can go back in 4 weeks. You should be able to pass it then. It happens. Just remember everything happens for a reason.

Just get back up dust yourself off and keep going.
    Oh yeah, I plan on it. My fault was that I was used to the treadmill. Thought I could pull it off, but I didn't. Lesson learned for sure. Will start running outside.
    One thing is for sure. That training room is cold!

oh I didnt know you were using just the treadmill. I ran on a track, however I am fortunate that I have a highschool right by my house. Yeah I would never depend on the treadmill. You need to time yourself with a stop watch.And don't forget about the 300 meters. If you have to drive to a track, do it.
    Copy that! I distanced the park that I live near, and will start on the path to "running on the road" tonight.

Freaking embarrassed that I couldn't do the time needed...

Hey do not worry about it and don't listen to the negativity on here. Just do the best you can and try the hardest that you can. The cards will fall where the cards fall. I was lucky to have a spouse that helped me out. When I went to the physical last year people were dropping like flies just starting with the push ups. So don't worry about it. You should be upset if you give up not when you are trying your hardest.

[quote=lynx]
    Quote Originally Posted by "WolffeinPasco":mozj639p
    Sadly, I was DQ'd after the 1.5 mile run. Came in at 15:43.
    Dammit! Was told I could come back in 4 weeks.
    So pissed right now.
    Sorry to hear that. Atleast you can go back in 4 weeks. You should be able to pass it then. It happens. Just remember everything happens for a reason.

Just get back up dust yourself off and keep going.
    Oh yeah, I plan on it. My fault was that I was used to the treadmill. Thought I could pull it off, but I didn't. Lesson learned for sure. Will start running outside.
    One thing is for sure. That training room is cold!

oh I didnt know you were using just the treadmill. I ran on a track, however I am fortunate that I have a highschool right by my house. Yeah I would never depend on the treadmill. You need to time yourself with a stop watch.And don't forget about the 300 meters. If you have to drive to a track, do it.
    Copy that! I distanced the park that I live near, and will start on the path to "running on the road" tonight.

Freaking embarrassed that I couldn't do the time needed...

Hey do not worry about it and don't listen to the negativity on here. Just do the best you can and try the hardest that you can. The cards will fall where the cards fall. I was lucky to have a spouse that helped me out. When I went to the physical last year people were dropping like flies just starting with the push ups. So don't worry about it. You should be upset if you give up not when you are trying your hardest.[/quote:mozj639p]

Exactly! Keep in mind Wolffe, most on this site are here to vent, and are nothing but old piss and vinegar. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by FRJ Posse
    Hey Joe, AGAIN you open your mouth and espouse something you know nothing about. There is no State mandated PAA. The only thing as far as physical fitness that FDLE requires is a test to graduate from a law enforcement/corrections academy. http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/get ... 81308.aspx

Officer Requirements

How to Become a Certified Officer in Florida

Individuals may become certified in the following disciplines:
    •Law Enforcement
    •Corrections
    •Correctional Probation

There are four primary steps to becoming a certified officer in Florida:

1. Meet the minimum qualifications.
    2. Complete the required training.
    3. Pass the State Officer Certification Exam (SOCE).
    4. Become employed as a sworn officer.

1. Meet the Minimum Qualifications established in Florida Statutes 943.13

Individuals must:
    •be at least 19 years of age.
    •be a citizen of the United States.
    •have earned a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) for law enforcement and corrections applicants. A bachelors degree is required for correctional probation officers.
    •not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement. Any person who, after July 1, 1981, pleads guilty or nolo contendere to, or is found guilty of a felony, or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, shall not be eligible for employment or appointment as an officer, not-withstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of adjudication.
    •never have received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
    •have documentation of processed fingerprints on file with the employing agency.
    •pass a physical examination by a licensed physician, physician assistant, or certified advanced registered nurse practitioner.
    •have good moral character as determined by a background investigation under procedures established by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission.

You come on here and run your gator just like that other retired jackass, Carl S use to do. It sounds to me like you have too much time on your hands. Have you ever thought about working part-time for HCSO again? I hear they have a crossing guard position opening up at Kingsway and Old Hillsborough.
    Well Jackass, if you would dig a little deeper you would find the PAA used during in-service training is an approved course by Police Standards. You see you posted something that has nothing to do with in-service training. You posted the requirements to become a certified officer in the State of Florida.

Police Standards is the one that came up with the current course for in-service training and almost every agency in the State mandates it, one being HCSO.

Don't believe me then call Training.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast