PAA - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: PAA

Re: PAA

[quote=Average Joe][quote=lynx]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Average Joe":3jpnklld
    Quote Originally Posted by "FRJ Posse":3jpnklld
    Average Joe: "PID CHECK!". BTW, judging by your know it all attitude I know you probably have a with a poor attitude. You do not want to be known as someone that has their name on a chair in IA or in the supervisors office.

And the last thing you do not want to do is open your mouth around others. Yes, supervisors may ***** in roll call but you can take this to the bank, these same supervisors will sell you out to those higher up and point you out as part of the problem.
    [/quote:3jpnklld][/quote:3jpnklld]
    Okay I understand that. I just hate when higher ups say if you don't like it then leave. That is easier said than done. There are people almost out the door about to retire and they really cannot afford to just leave.

But youa re correct you hvae to hang low and get your time in.

Joe..You are on target here. No job is worth your health or life. That is why this forum is such a catharsis for current employees to vent and for prospective employees to learn what they are getting into. Some of the vitriol and hate is unnecessary and detracts from the purpose of LEO affairs, that being an opportunity to communicate without fear of retribution. Nothing wrong with three or four digit PIDs that have magically turned into ABNs as they are signs of experience.

I agree that Sheriff Gee has without doubt been a HUGE disappointment and YES, I do believe that most who were here and thought Cal Henderson needed to go, would gladly bring him back in a heartbeat. I find it nothing short of repulsive that Sheriff Gee feels that he is so very mighty that he goes YEARS without ever visiting or talking to his Deputies. He has SO MUCH BAD KARMA heading his way after all he has done, or failed to do, that I would not want to be near him during a lightning storm. What he has done and continues to do is morally and ethically WRONG in every fashion there is. He literally makes me sick to my stomach. What makes it even worse, is that I worked hard on his initial election campaign and feel somewhat responsible for unleashing this human decay of a Sheriff on a office I once loved like a second family.

I will say that I was 100 percent PRO-UNION and based upon all the tell tale signs, knew that Sheriff Gee would not keep his word on all the promises he made to the Deputies at this office. I fully understood that the unions power was always going to be hindered by Sheriff Gee even if the PBA remained as our bargaining unit, but at least we would have had some leverage. I despise the sick individuals who went about getting signatures on a petition to vote out the PBA, as it was so damn obvious that they were only doing it for SELF GRATIFICATION. I have no use for anyone that puts themselves above the greater good of the "ALL".

The office has sustained tremendous damage between the doings of both Sheriff Gee and Chief Deputy Docobo. This is not just my opinion, but rather the opinion of nearly every person I talk with at HCSO. I have not a single doubt, that if a "No Confidence" Vote was held today, Sheriff Gee would not even get a 20 percent favorable vote. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how unpopular Sheriff Gee has become among the troops. For anyone who thinks that this does not have a direct impact upon the quality of service being delivered to the residents of Hillsborough County, they are without a doubt kidding themselves. Gee has got to go, it's the only solution to a widely escalating morale problem.

I will say that I was 100 percent PRO-UNION and based upon all the tell tale signs, knew that Sheriff Gee would not keep his word on all the promises he made to the Deputies at this office. I fully understood that the unions power was always going to be hindered by Sheriff Gee even if the PBA remained as our bargaining unit, but at least we would have had some leverage. I despise the sick individuals who went about getting signatures on a petition to vote out the PBA, as it was so damn obvious that they were only doing it for SELF GRATIFICATION. I have no use for anyone that puts themselves above the greater good of the "ALL".
    Leverage? What leverage?

If you reach an impasse in collective bargaining you go to a third party that oversees that agency and ask for intervention.

With a city that third party is the city commission. With a Sheriff's Office there is no higher authority as the Sheriff is an elected Constitutional Official. Thus the courts ruled that if the Sheriff did not take part in the negotiations, and allowed his staff to complete this task, then when there is an impasse your higher authority is the Sheriff.

So explain how you gain leverage?

The only way to gain leverage IMHO is to get the ear of the media. This was tried and this also failed as the Sheriff, by the title of his Office, has very deep roots in this community.

So A.J. you are saying that Sheriff Gee basically owns or pays off the Tampa area media outlets? When saying "pays off" this means not in the form of money, but the old corrupt political method of one hand washing the other. Not much else needs to be said there. I don't think that anyone who knows how sheriff Gee operates, would doubt this about him. Not anymore that is. He has been one of the biggest disAPPOINTMENTS in the history of HCSO. That alone says a ton. How pathetic and unfair is it when the vast majority of his own deputies and supervisors speak outwardly that they no longer trust him as a sheriff or as a person. It also makes people lose whatever faith they still had for the local media. The issues at this office need to be brought to the attention of a National or far out of county media service to bring about some way ovetdue accountability by this sheriff and portions of his staff. Look how quickly the Lakeland Police Chief was held accountable for the actions occurring within her agency because the local media decided to publicly disclose what was occurring within the Lakeland Police Department. Also, their UNION leadership quickly established and held a NO CONFIDENCE vote. If HCSO still had the PBA onboard, this would have been done here long ago! This is why a union is still important to have.

Regarding the media....remember when Mike Deesen was taking on the Sheriff's Office...he was banned from receiving any information and his station was also told they would suffer (no information). No media outlet is going to take the Office on because they know that they need access to the information the SO has and to be denied would put them behind in the ratings which are so important to their advertisers ($). The only way the information will get out is through a lawsuit much like the child protection investigators did regarding the Chief's unilateral decisions and retaliation. Unfortunately it cost some of them their jobs, but they did get satisfaction and a victory.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It
    Regarding the media....remember when Mike Deesen was taking on the Sheriff's Office...he was banned from receiving any information and his station was also told they would suffer (no information). No media outlet is going to take the Office on because they know that they need access to the information the SO has and to be denied would put them behind in the ratings which are so important to their advertisers ($). The only way the information will get out is through a lawsuit much like the child protection investigators did regarding the Chief's unilateral decisions and retaliation. Unfortunately it cost some of them their jobs, but they did get satisfaction and a victory.
    And what did that do? Ask CPI, nothing.

[quote=Average Joe]
    Quote Originally Posted by "As I See It":11spl54s
    And what did that do? Ask CPI, nothing.[/quote:11spl54s]

It showed a tiny portion of the monsterous amount of unethical & corrupt behavior that the Gee Administration practices and gets away with every day. The "Deeson" situation should have been a rallying call for the local media to blast wide open what is going on inside the walls of the Sheriff's Operation Center on 8th Avenue.

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by "As I See It":e80j14m8
    And what did that do? Ask CPI, nothing.
    It showed a tiny portion of the monsterous amount of unethical & corrupt behavior that the Gee Administration practices and gets away with every day. The "Deeson" situation should have been a rallying call for the local media to blast wide open what is going on inside the walls of the Sheriff's Operation Center on 8th Avenue.[/quote:e80j14m8]

The point I was making is that even with CPI winning not only this case but several now the media said nothing.

as far as the R2 program stay away from it. I have worked with the group for many years and there is a lot of good people there and some not so good. They program is losing people everyday due to the fact that it is no longer a volunteer group, they act like you get paid. they have mandatory events every month that you must do like 2 garden parties a quarter. plus your ride along. before all you were required to work was an SOC per year plus work the Gasparilla parade which is a 12 to 14 hour day with no breaks just standing there. Back in the day they where allowed to come out and hump a zone with us and actually help out with non-report calls or doing traffic. They are no longer aloud to write citations. before to much longer the group will be with the citzen patrols. don't get me wrong there is a lot of good people in the group. I have 2 or 3 that can hang with me anytime they need hours. hope I answered your question...

plz be safe out there

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast