H.R 218 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H.R 218

Re: H.R 218

Does this law apply to Detention Deputies?

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    HR218 allows you to carry a "type of weapon". On your HR218 card all that is required is for the range master to list the "type of weapon" that you qualified with. If that weapon was a revolver, then you can carry any caliber or any size of a revolver. This is true also for a semi automatic.

I qualify with a Sig, which is very large. I carry a SW which is more compact.
    I qualified with my Glock 30 and that is what is listed on my card so that is what I carry. I have other, smaller size semi-auto's but haven't carried them since they weren't listed on my card. Guess I need to research this issue.

Who issues the license? How do you obtain one? That is, the license that is covered under H.R 218?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Who issues the license? How do you obtain one? That is, the license that is covered under H.R 218?
    The state in which you reside issues the license and has their own paperwork which you must fill out and send in with your money as well as a copy of your retirement credentials. Before sending the paperwork off to the state where you live you must first contact a local law enforcement agency and qualify under that states rules and course of fire. This can be a pain in the ass since most agencies really don't want to be bothered with dealing with an outsider taking up their range time and firearms instructor. I lucked out up here in the mountains since there are a few of my old Army Military Police buddies that live up this way and are still active LEO's in the area. They made the process easy for me but without their assistance I would probably still be going around from agency to agency trying to get qualified with my weapon. The card is only good for one year unlike a regular concealed weapons license, then you have to re-qualify and send the state some more cash. It cost me $50 for my initial card and $25 bucks each year thereafter.

HCSO runs a group every 1st Friday at the range and there is no charge. The cards are issued on the spot.

If you are not from HCSO or a Federal Agency check with the range master to see if they will qualify you.

HCSO runs a group every 1st Friday at the range and there is no charge. The cards are issued on the spot.

If you are not from HCSO or a Federal Agency check with the range master to see if they will qualify you.
    If your still in the Tampa Bay area that is a great way to get it done. If your out of the state of Florida it requires a little more effort A.J.

[quote=The Nitely Blog]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Average Joe":1xhgqdk6

If your still in the Tampa Bay area that is a great way to get it done. If your out of the state of Florida it requires a little more effort A.J. [/quote:1xhgqdk6]

Understood.........but I don't think he said where they were from.

Tu che Sir Joseph! :mrgreen:

[quote=The Nitely Blog]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Average Joe":1hnqa0di
    Tu che Sir Joseph! :mrgreen:[/quote:1hnqa0di]

Hope you are staying warm my friend.

[quote=Average Joe][quote="The Nitely Blog":375bdvui]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Average Joe":375bdvui
    Tu che Sir Joseph! :mrgreen:[/quote:375bdvui]

Hope you are staying warm my friend.[/quote:375bdvui]

I have been thanks for asking. Fire place burned for over a month straight though. It has been a cold and snowy winter but this past weekend was gorgeous and the Harley came out of the garage. It is now re-parked and covered back up cause this week it's back to below freezing and snow. Mother Nature can be such a tease, and a *****, sometimes. :wink:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12