New Process

Thread: New Process

New Process

I heard that LPD was going to start a new hiring process in January. Anybody on the inside know when in January that might be?

Re: New Process

LPD currently has ten officers in the mini academy. GSS is trying to hire 10 more ASAP to start the next mini academy in february. If you need more info call LPD and speak to the recruiter, Sgt. Conner or Lt. Shanley. They are great and will help you.

Mickey mouse,

I actually sat down with Sgt. Schrader a few weeks back and liked what he had to say about the department. My application is completely done and just sitting in NEOGOV, just waiting on them to open the process. Just wondered when that might be.

Quote Originally Posted by NC police
    Mickey mouse,

I actually sat down with Sgt. Schrader a few weeks back and liked what he had to say about the department. My application is completely done and just sitting in NEOGOV, just waiting on them to open the process. Just wondered when that might be.
    If you sat down with Sgt. Schrader and he had something nice to say about LPD......you met a man posing as Sgt. Schrader.

Mickey Mouse,

Are you sure they are wanting to start a new academy in February? I was told the academy would be in April. I would assume that if they are planning to do the academy in February, then they must be selecting off of a short list of some sort and NOT going to do a new process. There is no way they could complete the testing and background in time to fill ten spots by February. I've tried to call recruiting and I get no answer. I've left a message and still no response. I just need to know if they ARE or ARE NOT going to do the process. A simple "yes" or "no" would suffice. If you have it, can you PM Sgt. Conner's desk number? Maybe he can give me a "yes" or "no".

NY dude,

Go to the City of Lakeland website. If the police officer position is open then by all means apply on line. GSS is currently working with a mini academy and the next class is probably almost full already; but don't give up, LPD is still looking for quality applicants. If the website does not show any openings for police officer, just keep checking back until it shows that we are accepting openings. After you apply, contact GSS and schedule your tests. Advise them if you are coming from out of town so they can schedule them all at the same time. Hope that helps.

relax bro,

I know it sounds that way but I'm not really trying to be impatient. My issue is that my current department is a great agency and has been very good to me and my family. In other words, I'm not "running away" from my current agency. I'm only looking to get back home to Lakeland and LPD is the best (only) option. (I would NEVER consider working for an S.O.) With that being said, my current department is sending me to Firearms Instructor school in February and I hate to waste that position if there is a possibility that I might be gone in 3, 6 or even 9 months from now. Especially since none of that would transfer to Florida anyways. But obviously I don't want to say anything to them until I at least know I'm in the process at a minimum. And I surely don't want to turn it down without a very good explanation.

If someone in recruiting would reply and just tell me that the spots have been filled for February or April or whenever it is and that the process is not going to open for the foreseeable future then I would just "move on" for now and revisit the possibility in the future.

Okay guys...so I got a call from recruiting personnel on Friday and everything is on track. But that conversation did lead to some more questions that you guys might be able to answer.

They advised that I would need to go ahead and complete EOT and the SOCE on my own through Polk State, prior to being hired if I'm selected. When I spoke to LPD personnel earlier last month, they alluded to the idea that I would be hired first and then LPD would send through and pay for the EOT training. Based on my own research, this is possible through the state's Temporary Employment Authorization program. Anybody know what the normal protocol is for laterals at LPD?

The problem is that as soon as I fill out that EOT application and Polk State calls my current Human Resources and Training division in order to confirm my full time employment and equivocal training, my department will know I'm trying to leave within the hour. I really wouldn't be comfortable with that until I at least received a conditional offer of employment.

NC Police,

You've asked the same questions and received more than enough answers. There is no perfect scenario solution so quit complaining and make a decision. Or at the bare minimum, stop whining on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Decision Time
    NC Police,

You've asked the same questions and received more than enough answers. There is no perfect scenario solution so quit complaining and make a decision. Or at the bare minimum, stop whining on here.
    LOL