What's my motivation?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's my motivation?

After almost five years stuck at the same hourly pay, I had to do some serious soul searching in order to find the motivation to come everyday and do police work. After seeing the difference in pay between the rank and file and the staff (friend & Family), I got very discouraged from coming to work and go beyond the call of duty while at work. Well the soulf searching paid off. What's my motivation? Off-duties. Why would I bust my butt at $22.00 an hour, when I can make $32,33, or 45 an hour for a lot less headaches. Now I just come park under a tree, and responds to dispatched calls then I keep my eye

Re: What's my motivation?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    After almost five years stuck at the same hourly pay, I had to do some serious soul searching in order to find the motivation to come everyday and do police work. After seeing the difference in pay between the rank and file and the staff (friend & Family), I got very discouraged from coming to work and go beyond the call of duty while at work. Well the soulf searching paid off. What's my motivation? Off-duties. Why would I bust my butt at $22.00 an hour, when I can make $32,33, or 45 an hour for a lot less headaches. Now I just come park under a tree, and responds to dispatched calls then I keep my eye
    That's fine and dandy until you get hurt and can't work off duty. If you need off duty to stimulate your work experience then you need to leave. I agree with your complaint about pay, it's time to leave.

Sorry I didn't finish my sentence. Keep my eye out for off duties. Leave? Where am I going to go? Start over again? I'd rather not. The next thing for me is to get promoted. That's the only way to get a pay raise around here.

The next thing for me is to get promoted. That's the only way to get a pay raise around here.
    To get promoted, you need to learn how to kiss azz!
    You'll quickly become a Friend & Family member.

It also would be beneficial to continue your education. That Miami High degree is insufficient.

Take some courses @ FIU....specifically in the Hospitality program.

Once you become proficient in "bell hopping" and "valeting", the promotion becomes reality.

You'll be making the big bucks and smoking the finest at Cuban Crafters.

If your a white anglo you'll be ****ed anyhow, if that sick system "AFFIRMATIVE ACTION " is still being enforced there at MPD ? Is it ????

I'm retired now,and left as a captain, but had to always score WAY on the top,to even think about being promoted :roll: Meanwhile incompetent, illiterate blacks, Cubans, and some females were promoted over much better, and qualified white guys, these inept people were way down the list, but it didn't matter, the Banana Republic just had to meet their ridiculous quotas ?

And just look who you have in command now there, and have for the last 10 years or so, a bunch of illiterate,GED, corrupt clowns. What a ****ing way to run a police department :evil:

My motivation, to come to work, benefit myself and myself only. **** everyone else. Go home at the end of my shift, arrive after everyone has so that they can face the danger. Just want to benefit myself and family.

Do your job man!
    -Cmdr. Lube

I do the same. Hard work is not rewarded in this place.

Al Crespo has started 2014 kicking asses and exposing names! Sadly for Miami and its residents, "The City" is led by two decrepit; inept old men, Regalado -- Martinez and their band of "Municipal Check Suckers" and incompetents. Open the below link and read all articles:

http://www.thecrespogramreport.com/Site_10/WEBSITE.html

You have no motivation you are a slug.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast