Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014

I predict no new changes in 2014. This place will still suck hind tit. We can't keep anyone here, because we have nothing to offer. If you are thinking about working here, run away, run far far away.

Re: 2014

Why don't you go see Wendell and tell he and his goon SC to fix the $#@%?

It's called career suicide. The one's making the decisions are not aware of how their decisions affect the department, or they don't care. One instance is the Impala's, they are "GREAT" for the lowly patrol folks, yet no one over the rank of LT drives one. Seems odd to me. Their was a certain Major, Collier, that was issued a new Charger and it was too small, so they went out and bought him an Expedition. It's funny that all he had to do was drive to and from the office and to and from lunch, without a cage or other electronics, and it was too small. Try riding around in an Impala for 40 hours a week in full gear, if your over 5-10 it is a nightmare. If you are a LT and are issued an Impala it doesn't have a cage in it. It's sad that the hire ups are no required to use the same equipment that the troops have to. Hardly any LT's that are in uniform wear duty belts, paddle holster's mainly and no vests, but everyone else in uniform has to wear a duty belt and vest, why the double standard? I am all for wearing vest's, you are an idiot if you don't, but you see the District Lt's go without vests all the time. It all boils down to either the admin doesn't know how their decisions affect the department or they don't care because they are not held to the same standard. Either way it is sad.

Banned LEO Affairs Corporal

I'm not admin whoring here, but are you suggesting that 20+ deputies a shift drive around gas guzzling Expeditions or the like? The Impalas are a pain, but the economy of them are fairly decent. I hate to be so cliché, but you can't please everyone.

I too agree that captains and LTs should wear full gear. Not only does it project cohesion and look good, it's safe. BUT, on the other side, I suppose the logic behind going "commando" if you will is because they in the office all day. If it hits the fan, I suppose they would "suit up".

Wow, so many puns in here. Can you hear me all the way back there in the 70s? Have a good weekend!

How about having a diverse fleet. We can buy SUV's for FTO'S, K-9 and SRO's, but we have to have a one size fits all fleet for everyone else? What about Deputies that are over 6' and 200 plus pounds. It is a bit harder for bigger people to get in and out of the Impala's. Your statement about everyone driving Expeditions is pointless, because our old Vic's only got about 14 mpg, which happens to be what the Tahoe's get. We are still running Vic's so what is your reply Mod? This job is not a one size fits all, so we shouldn't have the train of thought that the Impala's will work for everyone. I drive one and it is hard for me to ride around in it all day.

If you are too fat for your Impala you are wrong.

Banned LEO Affairs Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by cramped
    our old Vic's only got about 14 mpg, which happens to be what the Tahoe's get.
    There's no way our deputies get 14mpg in crown vics. Stomping a V8 vs. a V6 around all day yields a grossly different gas mileage. Additionally, most of the Impalas have flex fuel feature. Pretty helpful for addressing the issue of those that leave their damn car running all the time.

I absolutely agree with you that the admin should look into the one size fits all issue. There are many people out there that do not belong in an Impala. It is difficult for many to maneuver in the vehicle with all of their gear on.

not everyone over 200 lbs is fat

Unless you are RJ. he has put on some serious pounds the man eat Bologna and cheese and farts all day.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD 673
    Quote Originally Posted by cramped
    our old Vic's only got about 14 mpg, which happens to be what the Tahoe's get.
    There's no way our deputies get 14mpg in crown vics. Stomping a V8 vs. a V6 around all day yields a grossly different gas mileage. Additionally, most of the Impalas have flex fuel feature. Pretty helpful for addressing the issue of those that leave their damn car running all the time.

I absolutely agree with you that the admin should look into the one size fits all issue. There are many people out there that do not belong in an Impala. It is difficult for many to maneuver in the vehicle with all of their gear on.

Many of y'all don't belong in a police car.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast