Trooper arrests Sheriff Sgt, see video
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Trooper arrests Sheriff Sgt, see video

Shame this had to happen ? I wouldn't have done it, he could have given the Sgt a break, and arranged a ride. I understand he was not that bad at all. But some of our people would arrest their own mother, professional courtesy is a thing of the past :roll:

Watch } http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRiw7U1nYFk

Re: Trooper arrests Sheriff Sgt, see video

The guy was on duty, in uniform and driving a patrol car DUI. You have got to be shitting me. All bets are off you idiot.

I will ***** slap FHP when they are wrong (alot) ...not this time. What choice do you have? I would have done the same thing.

An Orange County Sheriff's deputy has been charged with driving under the influence after he CRASHED INTO A CAR while behind the wheel of an unmarked cruiser with its emergency lights activated.

He should get prison time for being such a moron!

Sgt. Kevin Meyer, a 23-year veteran of the force, pleaded no contest to reckless driving.

Shortly before his drunk driving trial was scheduled to begin Tuesday, Orange County Sheriff's Sgt. Kevin Meyer pleaded no contest to alcohol-related reckless driving.

According to a May 5 arrest report, Sgt. Meyer was driving an unmarked sheriff's department pickup truck with the emergency lights flashing, en route to an off-duty job at Walt Disney World, when he rear-ended a car on County Road 535 near Windermere. No one was injured injured in the crash, which occurred just after 9 p.m.

On Friday, Meyer unexpectedly walked into a courtroom and entered a no contest plea to the misdemeanor. A judge sentenced Meyer to the two days in jail he already served after his arrest, followed by six months probation. Meyer must complete 50 hours of community service, take a DUI education course and a victim awareness program, and undergo a substance abuse evaluation.

Despite his no contest plea, Meyer remains on paid administrative reassignment at the Orange County Sheriff's Office. He continues to be the subject of an internal investigation, according to a department spokesman.

Following the crash, Meyer refused to participate in field sobriety exercises, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. Troopers arrested him for driving under the influence and transported him to the DUI testing center near the Orange County Jail. At 12:21 a.m., Meyer refused the FHP's request to submit to a breathalyzer, according to investigators.

However, Local 6 has learned that before Meyer was booked into the jail, Orange County Sheriff's officials met with Meyer and required him to submit to a separate blood alcohol test as part of an internal investigation. Under Orange County Sheriff's Office policy, employees can be terminated if they refuse to submit to drug and alcohol testing or cooperate with an internal investigation.

According to multiple sources, Meyer's blood alcohol level registered .13, which is well above the .08 limit allowed to legally drive a vehicle. That test was conducted more than three hours after the crash, said sources.

Under Orange County policy, employees can be terminated if found to be under the influence of alcohol when driving county-owned vehicles.

Had Meyer voluntarily provided FHP with a breath sample, the results could have been used against him in court. But any incriminating evidence obtained during the sheriff's internal investigation was off limits to prosecutors, since Meyer was required to comply or risk of losing his job.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/ora...w/-/index.html

You give that guy a break and an hour later he runs someone over.

Your life is over big time, fine blue line boy!

It could have been handled differently,as the lady he hit, didn't really know what was going on ? Call a cab, or a ride of his choice, and have him spirited away, and just find him at fault with the crash. In the old days we would have done that, retired FHP.

Not these days.
    CYA. Everybody wants to sue someone. 'Spirit him away", three hours later he goes to the store for more beer in his wife's car and kills someone and they start pulling records. The cop everyone saw and filmed with the T-Mobile phones giving the fine blue line is now public enemy number one.

Not me, man!

No need for an arrest, dispatch I need an Orange County supervisor at my scene, do your accident report turn the LEO over to their department.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired FHP
    It could have been handled differently,as the lady he hit, didn't really know what was going on ? Call a cab, or a ride of his choice, and have him spirited away, and just find him at fault with the crash. In the old days we would have done that, retired FHP.
    You are stupid!

I guess coruption and covering up criminal acts are okay in your sick mind.

Thank God you "retired"

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast