Trooper arrests Sheriff Sgt, see video - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Trooper arrests Sheriff Sgt, see video

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca
    Who suggested "get out of jail free"? FHP clearly relishes hurting police officers. They must teach a block on how to do that in their academy. I don't believe anyone is asking that a blind eye be turned in the rare instance when a cop commits a crime but to write a cop for traffic violations when nobody was injured and the officer who was pulled over was courteous, is ridiculous. As for your "us vs. them" comment; If I'm wrong about most of the public disliking the police, please explain the tons of video taken by the public and posted on-line and/or sent to the media every time a cop so much as passes gas. Every profession watches each other's backs. A doctor will rarely (if ever) criticize another doctor's actions and firefighters are fiercely loyal. Commendable traits if you ask me. We all have tough jobs to do. Wouldn't it be nice if our so-called brethren would cut us a break now and then?
    Double-dealer, Whited sepulcher, Pretender, and Hypocrite are all words that carry the definition of a person inwardly corrupt or wicked but outwardly or professedly virtuous or holy. In other words, for you non-educated schmucks, you present your outwardly, professedly, and virtuous holy-self when you stop driver 1, the citizen, and cite them but yet show your inwardly corrupt and unethical self when you stop driver 2, the cop, and not cite him or her.

How in the hell can you stop someone for a traffic infraction and cite them only to turn around and stop a cop minutes later doing the same infraction or worse (most of the time) and not cite them simply because they carry a badge? Oh, let me guess—there’re cops and deserve a free pass because they’re a cop and the same laws they swear to uphold and enforce don’t apply to them simply because they carry a badge and gun. GTF out of here with that BS!

That “doctors take care of doctors” and “Milkman get free Milk” crap is outdated BS that cuts at the heart as to why the public does not trust law enforcement today. If you’re a cop, enforce the laws regardless of the offender you’re dealing with or exit stage left and drop an application at Walmart on the way out of the profession.
    Amen!!!!

OK. At this point I'm confused as to whether you are a cop, attorney or maybe Al Sharpton himself. I do know that your thesaurus got a workout while you were writing your last post. If you are indeed a LEO and you can honestly say that you NEVER accepted any courtesy or benefit for you, a loved one or friend based on your position, you are a saint amongst men. I guess I can't change the opinions of you and like-minded people and vice versa. One hypothetical question; if you get pulled over for a traffic infraction and the officer wants to give you a warning, will you insist he or she write the ticket?

As long as I don't tell him I'm a cop, it's up to him.

1-Would you tell him/her you're a cop?
    2-If he/she was a Florida trooper, you would ABSOLUTELY get written (see my first post about them being robots).
    How about this: Let's forget about the whole cop/civilian thing. Florida troopers are infamous for a lack of discretion. Those who give warnings to ANYONE are the exception, not the rule...the reason; independent thought is impossible when your head is square.

1-Would you tell him/her you're a cop?
    2-If he/she was a Florida trooper, you would ABSOLUTELY get written (see my first post about them being robots).
    How about this: Let's forget about the whole cop/civilian thing. Florida troopers are infamous for a lack of discretion. Those who give warnings to ANYONE are the exception, not the rule...the reason; independent thought is impossible when your head is square.
    You are a TROLL.

Go crawl back under your bridge.

Wow! You certainly didn't need your thesaurus for THAT reply. What, are you 10 years old? I thought liberals like you welcomed free speech. You began your posts speaking like an erudite person and then you resort to pre-pubescent name calling? What nerve did I hit? You need to relax. Why don't you go out and find some hard working cops and write them some tickets? That should make you feel better.

Thev City Cops and Deputies in our county write more UTCs to cops than FHP ever has.

Don't speed if you don't want a ticket.

The City Cops and Deputies in our county write more UTCs to cops than FHP ever has.

Don't speed if you don't want a ticket.

Wow! You certainly didn't need your thesaurus for THAT reply. What, are you 10 years old? I thought liberals like you welcomed free speech. You began your posts speaking like an erudite person and then you resort to pre-pubescent name calling? What nerve did I hit? You need to relax. Why don't you go out and find some hard working cops and write them some tickets? That should make you feel better.

You didn't like the eloquently written response that highlighted your corrupt attitude. You ask hypothetical angled questions in an attempt to bring the poster to your accepted level of corruption - aka get out of jail free attitude.

You won't be happy until you convince the other poster that his beliefs are wrong and convince him to blindly abide by the thin blue line. Which prob won't happen because it sounds like they didn't piss on their oath like you.

Someday you will realize that just because your a LEO, that doesn't mean your shit doesn't stink. Bottom line, follow the same goddamn law you enforce while earning your paycheck.

Why do you continue to use the word corrupt? It is NOT corruption to use discretion when dealing with a non-criminal matter such as a traffic infraction. Even a wordsmith like you and a troll like me should know that. If I remember correctly, in a previous post, I stated that most FHP troopers write EVERYONE, rarely exercising discretion. That's why I call them robots. Listen, I respect your right to disagree with my opinion that a cop should get a little more consideration than the general public in cases of MINOR infractions. I guess my point before all this back and forth posting started was that the FHP has a well deserved reputation for being mean spirited and are an agency that seems to enjoy hurting other cops. I don't know if you are FHP or not but if you are, do you guys write each other? That's a real question, not hypothetical. I'm in an investigative role now, but my rule of thumb when I was on the road was that if the motorist I stopped (cop or not) acknowledged their violation, nobody was injured, no property damage took place and I felt a warning was sufficient to correct the behavior, they got a warning. As far as crimes go, what needed to be done was done, regardless of occupation. Being human is not a corrupt attribute. Let's agree to disagree on this matter.---The Troll

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast