Application Process
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Application Process

Hi, im a recent graduate from the School of Justice Academy. I was interested in applying for the department, but i had a few questions beforehand.

1. About how long does the entire process take?
    2. Does the department make exceptions for the following requirement: Employed in a full-time sworn classification by (or separated within preceding 24 months from) another police agency?
    3. Have any new officers actually been hired?

I ask these questions because i am currently finishing up my degree, and i have 1 semester left. My class schedule obviously depends on the entire process. Also, because i just graduated from the SOJ i have no experience, so i would like to know if its even worth a shot. I know some departments substitute college credits for experience, but the job card doesnt specify this. And lastly, i have seen the posting come up several times, and that makes me wonder if anyone has actually been hired.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: Application Process

Bro go work for a real police dept this place is run by crooked clowns.

GREENHORN, listen to what 07urapp just wrote to you. You wan't a career in law enforcement, you want to advance in this law enforcement career? Want to one day get promoted? Want pay raises and have a great retirement plan? Then do yourself a favor, do not come to DORAL!

Doral is QRU. I love it here. Good community, good staff, good training. If you don't like it leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco
    Doral is QRU. I love it here. Good community, good staff, good training. If you don't like it leave.
    GreenHorn, read Franco's comment and read between the lines.
    Good Community: Translation: Not a lot of violent crime, no slum area. Mostly property crime and traffic. People are for the most part nice and good neighborhoods.

Good Staff: Compared to the garbage we had here the first 6 years, like Ricardo Gomez and Trigo and other individuals who thank God are no longer here, yes, it's a good staff. They actually listen to us.

Good Training: The first six years, we had none, now we have a sergeant in charge of training and things will start to change and we will finally have training. We hope.

Now, notice what Franco didn't say... did he mention pay raises? Nope, we haven't had a raise since this police department started. Nothing...
    He failed to mention that because we never get a pay raise, we are at the mercy of overtime or extra duty jobs to help increase our FRS. Otherwise, when you retire from here, your FRS pension will be way below the average of other police departments. And we don't believe we will be getting a pay raise in the next 3 years. We have no step plan like real police departments. He also failed to tell you that we have quite a few officers applying at other departments because there is no future here, unless you are a total ass kisser like a couple of lieutenants and sergeants that we currently have. And they will never leave because they have this ridiculous concept that they don't need a real pension, as long as the administration loves them. This could be a great city to work for if they would take care of their employees, but that will never happen. This city is also the laughing stock of Dade County because of the Mayor and City Mgr
    Hey Franco, you're probably one of those ass kissers, but, I will agree with you on one point, if we don't like it, leave. Trust me, we're trying. As is other employees from other city departments. GREENHORN, you will regret the day if you decide to come to Doral PD. If you want a good financial future for your family, sadly, go somewhere else!

There's something else that Franco didn't mention.

He forgot to mention that for the better part of a year the Manager has been trying to give us a 3% raise. That's 3% across the board each year for everyone.

He also forgot to mention that a bunch of slugs think they should get some kind of back pay for the sins of the last administration.

Take the 3% and stop complaining. You sound like a bunch of old ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    There's something else that Franco didn't mention.

He forgot to mention that for the better part of a year the Manager has been trying to give us a 3% raise. That's 3% across the board each year for everyone.

He also forgot to mention that a bunch of slugs think they should get some kind of back pay for the sins of the last administration.

Take the 3% and stop complaining. You sound like a bunch of old ladies.

I have to agree with Mack. Don't be claiming if you turn your nose up at money on the table.

I heard they walked away from a 3% guaranteed raise for each year of the contract. I guess the PBA told them to hold out for more. What a bunch of clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumphord
    I heard they walked away from a 3% guaranteed raise for each year of the contract. I guess the PBA told them to hold out for more. What a bunch of clowns.
    Lord, you can tell you people don't have a damn clue as to what's going on. First of all, a 3% pay raise for the next three years wont even cover the yearly cost of living increase, which if you haven't heard, is over 3%. What the PBA is fighting for is a step plan. I hope some of you understand that what means if we don't get that step plan. It means, we will be losing money every year without it. A 3% is a joke. The city proposes that because they think we're so desperate, (and yes, we are), for money that we wont see the big picture. All police departments have step plans. We are the only ones that don't. And if you bozo's don't wake up and quit thinking that the administration is looking out for us, we never will.

Quote Originally Posted by CARLOS DANGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumphord
    Lord, you can tell you people don't have a damn clue as to what's going on. First of all, a 3% pay raise for the next three years wont even cover the yearly cost of living increase, which if you haven't heard, is over 3%. What the PBA is fighting for is a step plan. I hope some of you understand that what means if we don't get that step plan. It means, we will be losing money every year without it. A 3% is a joke. The city proposes that because they think we're so desperate, (and yes, we are), for money that we wont see the big picture. All police departments have step plans. We are the only ones that don't. And if you bozo's don't wake up and quit thinking that the administration is looking out for us, we never will.

So far all the PBA has done is to take money out of my pocket. It's been more than a year and all I hear is step plan but all we get is a dues deduction. Let me see if I can figure this out. Zero money with the PBA. 3% each year with the city's offer. Wow I'm no mathematician but I'll take the raise and worry about a step plan proposal when we have a presentable plan. Right now all the PBA is doing is "chest beating" and posturing. They could care less about us. 3% may not work for Rivera but it works for me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast