New Chief
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Chief

New Chief

Well thank God a new chief who is an outsider. Favors is an idiot but this guy has the right stuff to shake up a department that has many problems. There are too many rogue officers that just run wild with poor supervision and arrogance. Our hillbilly sheriff and state attorney will be out thought, out played and over their heads with this man. Jones was a terrible hire from the beginning, he is the face of a troubled department because he was weak and before he was fired was looking for another job. DeLeo has a stellar reputation and is very smart intellectually and cop smart. Welcome to Tallahassee Chief DeLeo, we wish you the best.

Re: New Chief

I have a feeling once the new chief gets a taste of the Tallahassee City Politics he is going to get back to South Florida. He will attempt to bring the South Florida style of policing north and run in to a brick wall. Tallahassee is now a city with big a time crime and gang problem. Can he fix it ? Yes, I think so. But will the city allow him to do it his way? I think not. The days of being a stand by and wait to see what happens police department will need to change. We have had big city crime for quite some time and we need someone who is going to allow us to go at the problem areas aggressively. Good luck Chief your going to need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Luck
    I have a feeling once the new chief gets a taste of the Tallahassee City Politics he is going to get back to South Florida. He will attempt to bring the South Florida style of policing north and run in to a brick wall. Tallahassee is now a city with big a time crime and gang problem. Can he fix it ? Yes, I think so. But will the city allow him to do it his way? I think not. The days of being a stand by and wait to see what happens police department will need to change. We have had big city crime for quite some time and we need someone who is going to allow us to go at the problem areas aggressively. Good luck Chief your going to need it.
    Having worked with him then for him, I assure you he is up to the challenge. He will take his time and when a decision needs to be made he will make it and live with it. Be straight with him and he will back you. If you need hammered he will do it but it will be just and fair.

Good luck Mike.

Well as I posted on 1/2/14 welcome to North Florida's own Miami Dade County North. Gun violence is out of control multiple officer involved shootings and bandits shooting at the cops. Now what chief ? As I said before Tallahassee is not a small town any longer, it's a medium size town with big city crime. Time to break out the old school style of aggressive policing and let the street thugs know who the Tallahassee Police Department really is. The old thought process of hands off community policing is played out. Time to gain the respect of the thugs back, as of now they have no respect for us nor do they fear us. Chief step up and start a street crimes team and support them. We have to get this under control before one of the officers get killed.

Our new chief is not very courageous. He doesn't hesitate to set aside the reputation, not to mention morale, of TPD just to keep special interests off his back. The longer we work for him, the clearer his narcissism becomes. What an ego. He focuses more energy on rewriting policies than he does to fighting crime.

I hear he devoted his entire career to not much more than hiding behind closed businesses to study on duty in order to build a resume, but he's really never done anything significant. It shows. Looks great on paper, but he's in over his head.

We have buyer's remorse. Is it too late to send him back?

Did he pick the new Deputy Chief or Major yet?

Bring back Sergeant Scott Hunt and the P-2 Squad and the old French Town Bike Squad Bike Unit with Chuck Perry and the boys. Now thats when things got done and the bad guys went to jail.

We don't want him back.

Agreed. We definitely don't want him back! He's hung up on himself and likes to hide behind a desk and critique everyone else because he's perfect.

Now he's finally in a position where others get to publicly evaluate his performance and I hope your union moves to the front and dissects his every move and decision. For a guy who never made any arrests, never chased any suspects and never investigated any cases of significance, he sure likes to Monday morning quarterback all the warriors who do. So glad he's your problem now! :devil:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast