Almost done with my Military career. Hcso?

Almost done with my Military career. Hcso?

NEW to the forum. Thank you for any help.. I'm from Tampa and plan on getting involved with HCSO as soon as I get out in February, 2014. I have done a great amount of research and it seems HCSO is an outstanding agency to work for. I took the CJBAT last week. Next step is the civil service app. I am currently stationed in NY and I wont be able to make it to Tampa until February. Should I start this now or wait until February? How long after I complete the Civil Service app will they schedule me for the physical portion of the hiring process?

Re: Almost done with my Military career. Hcso?

[quote="tampabay19delta"]NEW to the forum. Thank you for any help.. I'm from Tampa and plan on getting involved with HCSO as soon as I get out in February, 2014. I have done a great amount of research and it seems HCSO is an outstanding agency to work for. I took the CJBAT last week. Next step is the civil service app. I am currently stationed in NY and I wont be able to make it to Tampa until February. Should I start this now or wait until February? How long after I complete the Civil Service app will they schedule me for the physical portion of the hiring process?[/quo

Not trying to be sarcastic, but have you been reading about whats been going on at HCSO now? Trust me from someone who spent considerable time in both the military and HCSO, when I tell you to avoid HCSO right now. The military took much better care of me and still does, then HCSO could ever come close to. Do you understand that among so many other disturbing practices at HCSO now, that they FIRE YOU if you are seriously injured, even in the Line of Duty, and there is no V.A. assistance or anything remotely like it. They fire you and you and your family, if you have one, are left to fend for themselves. Plus if you dont have a college degree, regardless of what they might say or advertise, you stand little chance of
    being hired. Take my advice, as a fellow military brother, try the Tampa Police Dept, Pasco or Polk County, or just ANYWHERE other then this hell hole. If you still want to pursue it. Then please at least ask some of the deputies who work the street, preferably some with years on the job and not the new recruits who are still star struck and fresh out of college. Whatever you choose, goodluck & stay safe my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by tampabay19delta
    NEW to the forum. Thank you for any help.. I'm from Tampa and plan on getting involved with HCSO as soon as I get out in February, 2014. I have done a great amount of research and it seems HCSO is an outstanding agency to work for. I took the CJBAT last week. Next step is the civil service app. I am currently stationed in NY and I wont be able to make it to Tampa until February. Should I start this now or wait until February? How long after I complete the Civil Service app will they schedule me for the physical portion of the hiring process?
    I'm curious where you did your research.. Was it HCSO provided recruitment propaganda? The only way you could've come to the conclusion that HCSO is an outstanding agency to work for is if you somehow found some literature from the Sheriff Walter Heinrich era, may God rest his soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tampabay19delta
    NEW to the forum. Thank you for any help.. I'm from Tampa and plan on getting involved with HCSO as soon as I get out in February, 2014. I have done a great amount of research and it seems HCSO is an outstanding agency to work for. I took the CJBAT last week. Next step is the civil service app. I am currently stationed in NY and I wont be able to make it to Tampa until February. Should I start this now or wait until February? How long after I complete the Civil Service app will they schedule me for the physical portion of the hiring process?[/quo

Not trying to be sarcastic, but have you been reading about whats been going on at HCSO now? Trust me from someone who spent considerable time in both the military and HCSO, when I tell you to avoid HCSO right now. The military took much better care of me and still does, then HCSO could ever come close to. Do you understand that among so many other disturbing practices at HCSO now, that they FIRE YOU if you are seriously injured, even in the Line of Duty, and there is no V.A. assistance or anything remotely like it. They fire you and you and your family, if you have one, are left to fend for themselves. Plus if you dont have a college degree, regardless of what they might say or advertise, you stand little chance of
    being hired. Take my advice, as a fellow military brother, try the Tampa Police Dept, Pasco or Polk County, or just ANYWHERE other then this hell hole. If you still want to pursue it. Then please at least ask some of the deputies who work the street, preferably some with years on the job and not the new recruits who are still star struck and fresh out of college. Whatever you choose, goodluck & stay safe my brother.

One of the best post I have seen on here in quite some time, Great Advice! I spent alot of years in the military and retired from HCSO a while back and to the original poster you would be wise to consider what this poster has said.

Absolutely agree with you Nitely Blog. A lot of potential recruits, particulary those that are ex-military, have no idea what they would be getting themselves into until it was too late. Then when someone tries to leave after discovering this is a aweful place to work, this office goes out of it's way to give your potential new employer a very damaging job reference. It happened about 4 months ago to a deputy I know of at HCSO and yup, he is still here because of it. Said it feels like they had him held hostage and NO, he is not a screw up either. Just goes to show how far this present day administration at HCSO will go to piss on your parade and feel Like they are invinceable.

Typical for this office, they give those that get injured on the job but still want to work their termination papers, yet force others that want to leave this office to stay, through unethical tactics.

Every day it becomes more clear why Gee & Docobo wanted to do away with the Union. No matter how weak & wrongly lead some felt the Union was, it was and still would have been the only voice and checks & balances organization to stand up to these tyrants at HCSO.