another deputy hurt in line of duty fired - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Re: another deputy hurt in line of duty fired

What could the union have done? Been a thorn in the Sheriff's side for one thing. To keep his ego in check. And you know I'm right?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    What could the union have done? Been a thorn in the Sheriff's side for one thing. To keep his ego in check. And you know I'm right?
    Big 10-4 to that. I knew this would happen and warned the ass kissers running around with the petitions. Will post all their names here as soon as I verify each and every one of those scum ass kissers. I wouldn't want anyone who wasn't here at the time not to know exactly who carried petitions in hand in order to advance their own selfish needs at the office. They are scum for what they did and soon everybody will know or remember exactly who they were. Not one single back bone among them. If they had done this in the military, they would have been beaten via blanket party. Still think they should each be punched right in their brown noses for what they did to so many deputies. Absolute low life scum suckers who put themselves above everyone else just to kiss the sheriff & chief's asses. Karma baby!

Oh please do you really think you are going to hurt them by posting their names?

Do you really think that if you are a "thorn" in the sheriff's side you will ever go anywhere in the Office unless someone from the outside wins the next Sheriff's race?

If you do not like the direction of the Office I suggest you do what I did not do. You keep your mouth shut, you do the best that you can and let it be known that you want to move up. Once you are in a position to make change, make the change that is needed.

The one thing you do not do is become a pain in the Sheriff's side for the sack of others as the others will stay off to the side and allow you to fall on your sword, then step over your body will trying to move up the chain.

The others will allow you to organize a union while they sit back with clean hands and reap the benefits. The others will then step aside while the sheriff wipes the floor with you while the others decertify and again reap the benefits while keeping their hands clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    The one thing you do not do is become a pain in the Sheriff's side for the sack of others as the others will stay off to the side and allow you to fall on your sword, then step over your body will trying to move up the chain.

The others will allow you to organize a union while they sit back with clean hands and reap the benefits. The others will then step aside while the sheriff wipes the floor with you while the others decertify and again reap the benefits while keeping their hands clean.
    That pretty much sums it up. That, and the deputies not looking to backstab their co-workers are often too afraid to make a stand for fear of losing what they have.

What a shitty ass place hcso has become to work at. That office cannot pay enough money to make me sell my dignity & soul by becoming employed there right now. There is so much unethical things occurring on just about a daily basis with the Gee & Docobo staff which most folks have no clue is happening. I hear things straight from a certain fly on the wall downtown. Things that would blow most peoples minds if they really knew how Gee & Docobo honestly feel about the personnel who work for them. The deputies in particular are looked at as nothing more then a body they have to pay every two weeks. They literally do and say things about office personnel that is appalling. They absolutely consider themselves far superior to the common employee within the office, both sworn & non-sworn. The worst part I believe though, is how little they care about injured employees losing their jobs. The ONLY thing that gets mentioned or is a sense of concern about this issue for them is............whether the office filed all the paperwork correctly in order to avoid a lawsuit........and that is it. No sense of remorse or sympathy for the injured worker whatsoever. Be my guest working for a leader like that. Not me!

Sadly, Darel is not the only one this has happened to. There is a long list of others, but lets not forget there is a "detective" who can barely walk, and certainly can not do ANY kind of physical fitness, yet has been retained for years because he was hurt on duty...the way it should be....HCSO deputies are now an expendable commodity, makes no difference....the agency is anxious to get rid of anyone who is older and does not fit their mold...Darel and the others were all hard working dedicated employees....but it is ok, karma is a *****, and it will catch up to them

Quote Originally Posted by overit
    Sadly, Darel is not the only one this has happened to. There is a long list of others, but lets not forget there is a "detective" who can barely walk, and certainly can not do ANY kind of physical fitness, yet has been retained for years because he was hurt on duty...the way it should be....HCSO deputies are now an expendable commodity, makes no difference....the agency is anxious to get rid of anyone who is older and does not fit their mold...Darel and the others were all hard working dedicated employees....but it is ok, karma is a *****, and it will catch up to them
    The problem is that the Sworn Personnel at HCSO will not stand together like in the old days and fight this absolute disgusting & disturbing trend by the Gee Staff. Nobody cares until it happens to them, at which point it is too late to fight it.
    It's true that the list of once dedicated troops who have had their careers destroyed by this Staff is over the top staggering. The ones they don't terminate or force to retire are also leaving at record numbers because Gee has willingly let Docobo destroy any bond that was left between the troops. They have also added a new weapon of employee destruction to their list and her name is Doctor Belisle, who is now the offices personal full time Occupational Health Doctor. She is a complete B!tch according to many who have had to deal with her. She also has no problem at all finding people unfit for duty and thus once again destroying someones career, especially the Veteran Deputies. She has also done harm to a number of Specialty Team personnel, ruining their chance for selection or causing their removal from the team. One would swear she must be related to Docobo based upon her non existant personality. Yeah this place has drastically changed for the worse and is a complete nightmare for those battling any type of injuries or medical problems, no matter whether it resulted from a work related injury or a personal medical condition. Not the loyal Sheriff's Office I once knew when I was hired prior to Sheriff Gee taking office and it will take many years after Gee is finally gone to repair all the damage he, Docobo and several other staff have done to this place.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Deputy Daryl Bowden

I was there when Deputy Bowden suffered his life changing injuries. I along with four of my medics where in my truck towards the end of the funeral procession for one of our members brother SPC Croft, that was killed in Afghanistan just days before his 21st birthday. We watched as he was flying thru the air and impact the power pole approximately 20 feet up, and dropped lifelessly to the ground. We where first on scene, and started treating him, airlift was enroute almost immediately.Deputy Bowden is still fighting for his life. If you know him, or care about him, worked with him, PLEASE reach out, let him know he is not alone. I am living 3400 miles away now so I cannot visit.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213