another deputy hurt in line of duty fired - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: another deputy hurt in line of duty fired

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil Pusher
    Lets see here...we were informed awhile back that we are no longer permitted to keep or use our own audio/video equipment in our patrol cars and now someone claims we cannot keep personal notes either...WTF kind of Communist run outfit has this become?

It's bad enough about the audio/video equipment, but if there really is such a policy against personal notes...which I have a hard time believing, then Sheriff Gee or whoever created this lame brain Communist policy can kiss my ASS!

Maybe we should all just get patted down before each shift by our supervisors to make sure we are not carrying any Free Country or Freedom of Speech Propaganda!

It is clear that you do not work at the SO. First off I never said you could not keep personal notes, I said it was stupid and also a violation of policy.

During Sheriff Gee's first term he issued an order that was later followed up by an SOP. Basically the policy reads much like something from one of the military academies. In short, it says that if you see a fellow co-worker do something wrong, rather of violation of policy or law, you have a duty to report same. Failure to report such an incident could result in your dismissal if an investigation reveals you know about the incident and took no action.

Now knowing that, why would you keep a "book"? What use would a "book" be? So why keep one?

I'm going to make this short & sweet cause I am tiring of trying to explain a simple statement that you "AJ" have chosen to put your own spin on.

"You never said we can't keep notes, just that it is AGAINST POLICY"...HUH??? :roll:

Just so I can make this extra clear for you, my notes have NOTHING to do with any other deputies violating the law or policy, so therefore they do not violate Sheriff Gee's "FAILURE TO REPORT" SOP that you apparently keep trying to name & harp on.

My notes are not some kind of book about who may have skeletons in their closet, but rather a detailed diary type notebook of each shifts events & things that I feel may be important in the future should I get complained on etc.

I'm done with this sillyness of trying to explain myself to you.

For whatever reason lately "AJ", you change opinions and sides of the fence you are on about as often as ex-Governor Charlie Crist changes Political Parties!

I do want to wish all my brothers & sisters a safe and Happy New Year!

Then try making yourself clean on the matter. From your post it sounded like you were one of the one's that wrote a crappy report and expect the detectives to know what you meant.

Notes, book, what is the difference. They are still a violation.

And just so you know I call it as I see it. I am not for one side or the other. The problem with the Office is that many have made it one side or the other and thus we now see an once proud Office in shambles. As I see it if Gee and command are responsible, but it is those on the other end that have given up.

Notes, smotes, who gives a rats ass about keeping notes. Many of the old timers use to keep notes on a lot of things in an effort to CYA. That's probably why the practice is now frowned upon because it goes back to the old saying of "if it aint wrote down it didn't happen" and the ones down in the ivory tower know this.

This thread aint about notes. It's about how the office kicks good, hardworking, loyal deputies to the curb if they get hurt doing their duties while on the job and can't get back into action in a certain amount of time. The office powers to be don't give a rats patoot about you while you are there and they darn sure don't care about you once your gone ladies and gentlemen. Wasn't always like that and it is sad to say the least. The moral to the story is don't get seriously hurt on or off of the job or you will be history, end of story.

The one saving grace to all of this is that one can take pleasure in knowing that there is life after the HCSO and it aint half bad. Sure, it may be a little difficult once you are kicked to the curb after being injured while upholding your oath of serving the citizens of the cesspool that is now Hillsborough County Florida but in the long run you will be happier and a lot less stressed.

This is not just happening at HCSO. Many agencies have the same policies. Even TPD will cut you lose.

Is it right? No.

But at least at onetime we had someone in our corner like Carl who did everything in his power to find you another job, hopefully without a reduction in pay.

Ever knew someone that went before Henderson who tried to use "notes" to save their butt? He tossed them out of his office as fast as they came in. The man had a heart of gold but if you tried to use others in an attempt to save yourself he wanted no part of you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    Notes, smotes, who gives a rats ass about keeping notes. Many of the old timers use to keep notes on a lot of things in an effort to CYA. That's probably why the practice is now frowned upon because it goes back to the old saying of "if it aint wrote down it didn't happen" and the ones down in the ivory tower know this.

This thread aint about notes. It's about how the office kicks good, hardworking, loyal deputies to the curb if they get hurt doing their duties while on the job and can't get back into action in a certain amount of time. The office powers to be don't give a rats patoot about you while you are there and they darn sure don't care about you once your gone ladies and gentlemen. Wasn't always like that and it is sad to say the least. The moral to the story is don't get seriously hurt on or off of the job or you will be history, end of story.

The one saving grace to all of this is that one can take pleasure in knowing that there is life after the HCSO and it aint half bad. Sure, it may be a little difficult once you are kicked to the curb after being injured while upholding your oath of serving the citizens of the cesspool that is now Hillsborough County Florida but in the long run you will be happier and a lot less stressed.
    Right on! I say just start laughing at these power hungry & power driven fools like "Gee" & "Decobo". A couple of the district Majors are also a big part of the problem for neglecting to do more to support their assigned troops when they become a target of this administration. The D-2 Major is certainly one of them. He has apparently forgot how much some people did for this office, particularly D-2, and then does nothing to assist them in their time of need. His true colors shined through brightly and it became clear that he could care less about anyone or anything except his self. When this administration decides to make you a target and force you out, it is at that time when you truly find out who your real friends are and who, if any, of your supervisors & commanders have a spine of their own. It is totally amazing just how few supervisors & command staffers at HCSO have NO SPINE at all. It becomes even more disappointing when one comes to discover that this list includes those that you worked hard for, trusted and believed would stand up and fight for you if ever your career was wrongfully on the line. Yes sir, loyalty at HCSO is in short supply and becoming close to extinct these days. You are nothing more then a position number on somebody's board. How sad is that.

In addition to Sheriff Gee and Chief Docobo, don't underestimate the amount of damage that the cut-throat Bi%ch, Doc Belisle is responsible for causing since being needlessly hired by hcso. my impression of her is she acts like she hates cops! I have a good read of the people I meet and she definately set off my "watch your back" self protection alert when talking to her. I'm not the first person to say the same thing about her. Docobo must have been the one who did her pre-employment screening and I think that tells everyone all they need to know.

Sheriff Gee is an exemplary employer:

[youtube:b5c6eg4e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg2QcxbkSpo[/youtube:b5c6eg4e]

Who appreciates years of dedicated service:

[youtube:b5c6eg4e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbyGSJ5Ndj8[/youtube:b5c6eg4e]

And knows the streets:

Video: http://vimeo.com/36788804

Hahahahahahahah......

King of Propaganda. We have become a slick media machine that floats more BS than some of the old school farms on the east-side of the county.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast