HCSO Fires Det that was injured during fitness challenge? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: HCSO Fires Det that was injured during fitness challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    If you are speeding then your lights and siren should be on as prescribed by Fla Statue and sops, otherwise you are violating the law. Doesn't that make sense ?
    If you're going to post things about statutes at least be correct. There is NO Florida statute that requires an emergency vehicle to use lights and siren when disregarding traffic laws. Many other agencies recognize this fact and do not restrict driving like they do here.

Read up on FS 316.072(5). Nowhere does it say an emergency vehicle must have lights and siren on to disregard traffic law. You just have to use due care.

Use your brain and do a little research instead of believing everything you're told.

Ahhhhh, "Due Care". So if you are speeding and violating a traffic law do you really think you are using "Due Care" if you are running without lights and/or siren?

I think many courts would disagree with you and especially with how the public feels about law enforcement breaking the laws they are to enforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    I think many courts would disagree with you and especially with how the public feels about law enforcement breaking the laws they are to enforce.
    If so many courts would disagree then I'm sure you'll have no problem coming up with some case law to support your opinion. You're retired. You don't have anything better to do. If not I'll just assume that you're talking out of your hind-quarters.

There are PLENTY of reasons why officers would not use lights and siren. Again, that's why other agencies don't restrict the practice. At TPD it's written into their policy that they can exceed the speed limit by 15 mph without using lights and siren. Their world hasn't come crashing down from lawsuits and court rulings.

The fact is that HCSO has had deputies killed in at fault crashes in the last decade and the rules here have gotten progressively stricter because of that and other deputy involved crashes. It has nothing to do about the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    If so many courts would disagree then I'm sure you'll have no problem coming up with some case law to support your opinion. You're retired. You don't have anything better to do. If not I'll just assume that you're talking out of your hind-quarters.

There are PLENTY of reasons why officers would not use lights and siren. Again, that's why other agencies don't restrict the practice. At TPD it's written into their policy that they can exceed the speed limit by 15 mph without using lights and siren. Their world hasn't come crashing down from lawsuits and court rulings.

The fact is that HCSO has had deputies killed in at fault crashes in the last decade and the rules here have gotten progressively stricter because of that and other deputy involved crashes. It has nothing to do about the law.

Then why ***** here? You not come out and ask legal why this is so? You may be surprised.

If you are speeding then your lights and siren should be on as prescribed by Fla Statue and sops, otherwise you are violating the law. Doesn't that make sense ?
    If you're going to post things about statutes at least be correct. There is NO Florida statute that requires an emergency vehicle to use lights and siren when disregarding traffic laws. Many other agencies recognize this fact and do not restrict driving like they do here.

Read up on FS 316.072(5). Nowhere does it say an emergency vehicle must have lights and siren on to disregard traffic law. You just have to use due care.

Use your brain and do a little research instead of believing everything you're told.
    Are you really that stupid and careless as to think it's ok to violate traffic laws without any sort of warning to others on the road. Please tell me you aren't this stupid and careless. I'm sure you would be the first one suing if it was one of your family members that was injured or killed due to idiots like you that try and justify it. Now I see why they have gps in the cars, to deal with complete idiots like yourself

[quote=Average Joe]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Average Joe":2iby7b2e

Then why ***** here? You not come out and ask legal why this is so? You may be surprised.[/quote:2iby7b2e]

Why ***** here?
    That's one of the purposes of this website jackass. It feels good to vent.

That's one of the purposes of this website jackass. It feels good to vent.
    Yes it does. And sometimes feeling a little better is about all you can get out of an unpleasant situation.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567