Thread: FDOC Uniforms

Re: FDOC Uniforms

[quote=guest77]
    Quote Originally Posted by guess-who
    Quote Originally Posted by guest77
    Quote Originally Posted by "guess who?":hdzw5k6a
    Quote Originally Posted by Guestnypd911
    What type of weapons do we get to defend ourselfs from brutal inmate attacks/stabbings? Tazers yet or just the useless oc gas?

OC gas. It is actually very effective. I have pulled it out of its pouch 4 or 5 times in my career, yet never had to actually use it. For some reason the inmates usually stop what they're doing just on the THREAT of getting sprayed. I wouldn't want tasers in a prison. Too much close combat. It's easier just to start spraying, make sure the other officers are safe, and then run. You can always go back for the trouble inmates. They aren't going anywhere.
    if I am doing a cell search there are only two inmates out max the rest are locked down, simple as that stunt one drop kick the other one and get out, u know damn well inmates run like roaches when they don't have the upper hand. Yes a situation like the one you are describing the best alternative might be oc, but if you are in that situation, u ****ed up somewhere before hand. Admittedly not always there are exceptions and our job is unpredictable by nature when down in the wings. But most time we get jumped by inmates is one or two, yes there are riots like the one that took place at Chobee a few years ago but those are not the norm, as there is no norm. The thing is in that situation oc will not save, nor help in the least bit, a parameter officer stoped that situation with his shotgun. If you can't see that tasers, not stunt guns like the shit they give us on transport have a place in what we do please do us all a favor and retire already old timer, u are hurting us.

WOW u obviously have never used that can of oc in confine space/ close combat, had you, you would not be saying something so stupid. Tasers shine in confine spaces, and indoor spaces, try spaying an inmate in medial see how long it takes for that ac to carry the OC all over the building, good luck then., or worst yet the CS fogger.

Yes idiot, I've been there in close combat when spray is used. I'm talking about when a group of inmates are attacking one or two officers in a confined space. Tasers DON'T shine in confined spaces because you have to touch every inmate before they get you. Good luck with that. One jumps you, you get him while the rest pummel your head and face with blows (or worse like shanks). Gas is great. Just start spraying. All the inmates get gassed, you get gassed, the officers get gassed. But the violence stops for just enough time for the officers to get away before getting seriously injured. And I'm talking about OC from an officers belt. If you use it in medical, sure there may be some slight collateral damage, but its worth it to not have an officer stabbed and killed. But it's not nearly strong enough to go all over the building. I totally agree with you about the CS fogger. That stuff is bad ass. But that's not what I was talking about. Anyway, I'm very old school and the only thing that matters to me is that all staff go home to their families that night and when being attacked by numerous inmates in close quarters, OC is the way to go. Everyone gets gassed, but the officers probably manage to get away safely. And that's the real bottom line, isn't it?
    Nan I hope u never respond to my beat down, everyone gets gassed, how often have u gotten that in your eyes? cause u ain't going nowhere fast when that happens, o and if the inmate is on psych meds good luck with your theory because you and every C.O there will be dead in short time. By the way we are talking about tazers not stunt guns, just shoot the ****er before he gets close to you, and if that don't work then use your oc. We are talking about adding versatility here not replacing oc, I do agree that oc is useful just not always and a tasser would also be very useful. The only reason we don't have them is because the department is cheap, and we are even cheaper to then, we need to wise up and start suing wen we get hurt it is the only way the yare going to listen.

You're talking about a taser and not a stun gun? In close quarters? In a prison cell? Against a group of inmates giving you a beat down? hahahah. You can only shoot one inmate with 2 little wires attached. hahahah. While the rest of them beat your ass. If I respond to your beat down you BETTER HOPE I have gas instead of a useless taser. The OC we carry also has a red dye in it that inmates can't wash off. That's how we identify everyone involved later. BELIEVE ME they know that and scatter when you pull that can. Of course I've gotten it in my eyes. And it stings. And snot comes out. But it doesn't do anything to my legs. I CAN STILL GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE. Just shoot the ****er BEFORE he gets close to you and if that doesn't work use your OC? Did you really say that? hahahah. How big do you think a prison cell is? What do you think we mean when we say close combat? You obviously have never worked in a prison. A taser is the STUPIDEST AND MOST USELESS weapon you can have. I'd rather have a stun gun. But the best is still OC. You just start spraying. Everyone gets gassed (including you). But at least YOU HAVE A FIGHTING CHANCE TO GET AWAY. A taser gun . . . hahahaha.[/quote:hdzw5k6a]

[quote=guess-who][quote=guest77]
    Quote Originally Posted by "guess-who":2r9yt5p9
    Quote Originally Posted by "guess who?":2r9yt5p9
    Quote Originally Posted by Guestnypd911
    What type of weapons do we get to defend ourselfs from brutal inmate attacks/stabbings? Tazers yet or just the useless oc gas?

OC gas. It is actually very effective. I have pulled it out of its pouch 4 or 5 times in my career, yet never had to actually use it. For some reason the inmates usually stop what they're doing just on the THREAT of getting sprayed. I wouldn't want tasers in a prison. Too much close combat. It's easier just to start spraying, make sure the other officers are safe, and then run. You can always go back for the trouble inmates. They aren't going anywhere.
    if I am doing a cell search there are only two inmates out max the rest are locked down, simple as that stunt one drop kick the other one and get out, u know damn well inmates run like roaches when they don't have the upper hand. Yes a situation like the one you are describing the best alternative might be oc, but if you are in that situation, u ****ed up somewhere before hand. Admittedly not always there are exceptions and our job is unpredictable by nature when down in the wings. But most time we get jumped by inmates is one or two, yes there are riots like the one that took place at Chobee a few years ago but those are not the norm, as there is no norm. The thing is in that situation oc will not save, nor help in the least bit, a parameter officer stoped that situation with his shotgun. If you can't see that tasers, not stunt guns like the shit they give us on transport have a place in what we do please do us all a favor and retire already old timer, u are hurting us.

WOW u obviously have never used that can of oc in confine space/ close combat, had you, you would not be saying something so stupid. Tasers shine in confine spaces, and indoor spaces, try spaying an inmate in medial see how long it takes for that ac to carry the OC all over the building, good luck then., or worst yet the CS fogger.

Yes idiot, I've been there in close combat when spray is used. I'm talking about when a group of inmates are attacking one or two officers in a confined space. Tasers DON'T shine in confined spaces because you have to touch every inmate before they get you. Good luck with that. One jumps you, you get him while the rest pummel your head and face with blows (or worse like shanks). Gas is great. Just start spraying. All the inmates get gassed, you get gassed, the officers get gassed. But the violence stops for just enough time for the officers to get away before getting seriously injured. And I'm talking about OC from an officers belt. If you use it in medical, sure there may be some slight collateral damage, but its worth it to not have an officer stabbed and killed. But it's not nearly strong enough to go all over the building. I totally agree with you about the CS fogger. That stuff is bad ass. But that's not what I was talking about. Anyway, I'm very old school and the only thing that matters to me is that all staff go home to their families that night and when being attacked by numerous inmates in close quarters, OC is the way to go. Everyone gets gassed, but the officers probably manage to get away safely. And that's the real bottom line, isn't it?
    Nan I hope u never respond to my beat down, everyone gets gassed, how often have u gotten that in your eyes? cause u ain't going nowhere fast when that happens, o and if the inmate is on psych meds good luck with your theory because you and every C.O there will be dead in short time. By the way we are talking about tazers not stunt guns, just shoot the ****er before he gets close to you, and if that don't work then use your oc. We are talking about adding versatility here not replacing oc, I do agree that oc is useful just not always and a tasser would also be very useful. The only reason we don't have them is because the department is cheap, and we are even cheaper to then, we need to wise up and start suing wen we get hurt it is the only way the yare going to listen.

You're talking about a taser and not a stun gun? In close quarters? In a prison cell? Against a group of inmates giving you a beat down? hahahah. You can only shoot one inmate with 2 little wires attached. hahahah. While the rest of them beat your ass. If I respond to your beat down you BETTER HOPE I have gas instead of a useless taser. The OC we carry also has a red dye in it that inmates can't wash off. That's how we identify everyone involved later. BELIEVE ME they know that and scatter when you pull that can. Of course I've gotten it in my eyes. And it stings. And snot comes out. But it doesn't do anything to my legs. I CAN STILL GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE. Just shoot the ****er BEFORE he gets close to you and if that doesn't work use your OC? Did you really say that? hahahah. How big do you think a prison cell is? What do you think we mean when we say close combat? You obviously have never worked in a prison. A taser is the STUPIDEST AND MOST USELESS weapon you can have. I'd rather have a stun gun. But the best is still OC. You just start spraying. Everyone gets gassed (including you). But at least YOU HAVE A FIGHTING CHANCE TO GET AWAY. A taser gun . . . hahahaha.[/quote:2r9yt5p9][/quote:2r9yt5p9]

omg I am not retyping it all again, in short we don't have tazzers because the department is to cheap plain and simple their widespread use more than proves their usefulness if that was even in doubt. WE don't have them because our lives are cheaper to the dept than to arm us with tazzers simple as that. I have seen plenty of shit already to prove this and if you have been here as long as you say then so have you, so stop with this gas is way more effective bullshit. Gas is effective I never said it wasen't but so are tazzers.

You're right. The department is too cheap to buy them. I get it. And tasers would be great if you were dealing with only one inmate, in a relatively large open space, you take aim and shoot, then (according to you) if that doesn't work then you can pull out your OC gas, take aim and fire. Sounds great. Unfortunately the scenario you describe just doesn't happen. In close quarters with multiple inmates attacking, tasers are useless. And the time you use getting it out, aiming it, and firing at one inmate is actually COUNTERPRODUCTIVE to officer safety because if you do that you probably won't have time to get your gas out before the other inmates are on top of you. I know tasers sound good to inexperienced officers like you, but old timers like me know the reality of the situation. You simply don't have the time. And taking out only one inmate is ridiculous. The other 6 inmates get to you and it's not pleasant. The best thing to do is pull your gas, spray everyone trying to get you, and then you'll at least have a chance to get to safety and fight another day. Sure, you're going to be gassed also. But it's a lot better than being stabbed and killed.

Why don't you do what you do best, Assman, I mean Guest77 :snicker: run and scream like a little girl! :lol:

You're right. The department is too cheap to buy them. I get it. And tasers would be great if you were dealing with only one inmate, in a relatively large open space, you take aim and shoot, then (according to you) if that doesn't work then you can pull out your OC gas, take aim and fire. Sounds great. Unfortunately the scenario you describe just doesn't happen. In close quarters with multiple inmates attacking, tasers are useless. And the time you use getting it out, aiming it, and firing at one inmate is actually COUNTERPRODUCTIVE to officer safety because if you do that you probably won't have time to get your gas out before the other inmates are on top of you. I know tasers sound good to inexperienced officers like you, but old timers like me know the reality of the situation. You simply don't have the time. And taking out only one inmate is ridiculous. The other 6 inmates get to you and it's not pleasant. The best thing to do is pull your gas, spray everyone trying to get you, and then you'll at least have a chance to get to safety and fight another day. Sure, you're going to be gassed also. But it's a lot better than being stabbed and killed.
    man I might not be a dinosaur like you but just about every staff assault I have seen has been one on one or two inmates at the most. There was the riot at okee a while back but that was not an assault that was a riot, and it wasn't oc that stopped that it was a shotgun. For all of the assaults I have seen a tazzer would have been an ideal way of self defense. Another example which does happen cause I saw it. Multiple officers trying to take a shank away from an inmate, a couple of them get cut by said inmate before they can take it away, had a tazzer been present there, just tazze the ****er and no cut officers. Don't tell me they could have just sprayed him because they did, if the inmate is on psych drugs that spray is not going to do much.

man I might not be a dinosaur like you but just about every staff assault I have seen has been one on one or two inmates at the most. There was the riot at okee a while back but that was not an assault that was a riot, and it wasn't oc that stopped that it was a shotgun. For all of the assaults I have seen a tazzer would have been an ideal way of self defense. Another example which does happen cause I saw it. Multiple officers trying to take a shank away from an inmate, a couple of them get cut by said inmate before they can take it away, had a tazzer been present there, just tazze the ****er and no cut officers. Don't tell me they could have just sprayed him because they did, if the inmate is on psych drugs that spray is not going to do much.

Ok. Ok. In the scenario you provided, I concede that you are probably right. A taser would have been advantageous. I only worked at one major prison, and we didn't have too many inmates on psyche drugs. I have seen plenty of assaults with more than one inmate. That's the problem I have with tasers. You take out one inmate . . . that's it. Your load is shot. The gas lasts a long time. And the inmates hate the red dye. Now lets talk about the elephant in the room. Most of the officers they hire are not the cream of the crop. As we both know. I would rather be gassed than shot in the face by an officer that practices once a year during inservice. All defensive weapons have their advantages . . . but the officers employing them must be competent. Of that I have absolutely no faith. I'll take OC every time.

I heard that you will take it anywhere! :snicker:

I thought Assaults to corrections officers was very rare? If COs have the constant threat of being attacked by a inmate with a sock that has a pad lock or a inmate with a razor it's very logical for COs to be Armed with tasers and oc/MK-4.. The threat level for COs depends on the institutio some are more violent then others....

Plain and simple...there is no replacing oc, but having more options for more scenarios is always better.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Plain and simple...there is no replacing oc, but having more options for more scenarios is always better.
    right on man.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast