FDOC Uniforms - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FDOC Uniforms

Re: FDOC Uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by guest77
    Quote Originally Posted by Guestnypd911
    What type of weapons do we get to defend ourselfs from brutal inmate attacks/stabbings? Tazers yet or just the useless oc gas?

OC gas. It is actually very effective. I have pulled it out of its pouch 4 or 5 times in my career, yet never had to actually use it. For some reason the inmates usually stop what they're doing just on the THREAT of getting sprayed. I wouldn't want tasers in a prison. Too much close combat. It's easier just to start spraying, make sure the other officers are safe, and then run. You can always go back for the trouble inmates. They aren't going anywhere.

WOW u obviously have never used that can of oc in confine space/ close combat, had you, you would not be saying something so stupid. Tasers shine in confine spaces, and indoor spaces, try spaying an inmate in medial see how long it takes for that ac to carry the OC all over the building, good luck then., or worst yet the CS fogger.

Quote Originally Posted by guess who?
    What type of weapons do we get to defend ourselfs from brutal inmate attacks/stabbings? Tazers yet or just the useless oc gas?

OC gas. It is actually very effective. I have pulled it out of its pouch 4 or 5 times in my career, yet never had to actually use it. For some reason the inmates usually stop what they're doing just on the THREAT of getting sprayed. I wouldn't want tasers in a prison. Too much close combat. It's easier just to start spraying, make sure the other officers are safe, and then run. You can always go back for the trouble inmates. They aren't going anywhere.

WOW u obviously have never used that can of oc in confine space/ close combat, had you, you would not be saying something so stupid. Tasers shine in confine spaces, and indoor spaces, try spaying an inmate in medial see how long it takes for that ac to carry the OC all over the building, good luck then., or worst yet the CS fogger.

Yes idiot, I've been there in close combat when spray is used. I'm talking about when a group of inmates are attacking one or two officers in a confined space. Tasers DON'T shine in confined spaces because you have to touch every inmate before they get you. Good luck with that. One jumps you, you get him while the rest pummel your head and face with blows (or worse like shanks). Gas is great. Just start spraying. All the inmates get gassed, you get gassed, the officers get gassed. But the violence stops for just enough time for the officers to get away before getting seriously injured. And I'm talking about OC from an officers belt. If you use it in medical, sure there may be some slight collateral damage, but its worth it to not have an officer stabbed and killed. But it's not nearly strong enough to go all over the building. I totally agree with you about the CS fogger. That stuff is bad ass. But that's not what I was talking about. Anyway, I'm very old school and the only thing that matters to me is that all staff go home to their families that night and when being attacked by numerous inmates in close quarters, OC is the way to go. Everyone gets gassed, but the officers probably manage to get away safely. And that's the real bottom line, isn't it?

Here's a sneak peek at the new DOC uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by John Augustus
    Here's a sneak peek at the new DOC uniforms.

Do you remember some years ago when Officers were being asked to clean restrooms and clean the offices. Just how low this agency can go. Then the Union stepped in.

This guy looks as or more professional than some CO/CPOs Ive seen. His uniform looks pressed, it's not a mix match of uniforms thrown together, like the CO who wears parade dress shoes and a polo with his BDUs, he's in shape and his identification is visible. The legislature considers him no different then any other state employee; equal value and equal compensation regardless of training, experience and work environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel W E Kurtz
    This guy looks as or more professional than some CO/CPOs Ive seen. His uniform looks pressed, it's not a mix match of uniforms thrown together, like the CO who wears parade dress shoes and a polo with his BDUs, he's in shape and his identification is visible. The legislature considers him no different then any other state employee; equal value and equal compensation regardless of training, experience and work environment.

No CO would wear parade dress shoes with BDU's. It's not allowed. You MUST wear military style jump boots. Although we all know some CO's would try, there is not an OIC out there that would allow it. They do a uniform inspection at the beginning of every shift. It's logged on the control room log. They are actually pretty tough on it because they don't want to look bad if the colonel should happen to catch them. As far as a polo with BDU's . . . it's allowed . . . and very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

No CO would wear parade dress shoes with BDU's. It's not allowed. You MUST wear military style jump boots. Although we all know some CO's would try, there is not an OIC out there that would allow it. They do a uniform inspection at the beginning of every shift. It's logged on the control room log. They are actually pretty tough on it because they don't want to look bad if the colonel should happen to catch them. As far as a polo with BDU's . . . it's allowed . . . and very comfortable.

I'm quite sure he meant that as hyperbole...are all CO's as dense as you?

I'm quite sure he meant that as hyperbole...are all CO's as dense as you?

How do you know what he meant? Are you having sex with him? Are all guests idiots like you? Anyone who uses the word 'hyperbole' is a jackass. Look that one up, fool.

Quote Originally Posted by guess who?

Yes idiot, I've been there in close combat when spray is used. I'm talking about when a group of inmates are attacking one or two officers in a confined space. Tasers DON'T shine in confined spaces because you have to touch every inmate before they get you. Good luck with that. One jumps you, you get him while the rest pummel your head and face with blows (or worse like shanks). Gas is great. Just start spraying. All the inmates get gassed, you get gassed, the officers get gassed. But the violence stops for just enough time for the officers to get away before getting seriously injured. And I'm talking about OC from an officers belt. If you use it in medical, sure there may be some slight collateral damage, but its worth it to not have an officer stabbed and killed. But it's not nearly strong enough to go all over the building. I totally agree with you about the CS fogger. That stuff is bad ass. But that's not what I was talking about. Anyway, I'm very old school and the only thing that matters to me is that all staff go home to their families that night and when being attacked by numerous inmates in close quarters, OC is the way to go. Everyone gets gassed, but the officers probably manage to get away safely. And that's the real bottom line, isn't it?
    Nan I hope u never respond to my beat down, everyone gets gassed, how often have u gotten that in your eyes? cause u ain't going nowhere fast when that happens, o and if the inmate is on psych meds good luck with your theory because you and every C.O there will be dead in short time. By the way we are talking about tazers not stunt guns, just shoot the ****er before he gets close to you, and if that don't work then use your oc. We are talking about adding versatility here not replacing oc, I do agree that oc is useful just not always and a tasser would also be very useful. The only reason we don't have them is because the department is cheap, and we are even cheaper to then, we need to wise up and start suing wen we get hurt it is the only way the yare going to listen.

[quote=guess-who]
    Quote Originally Posted by "guess who?":1v1adfhx

Nan I hope u never respond to my beat down, everyone gets gassed, how often have u gotten that in your eyes? cause u ain't going nowhere fast when that happens, o and if the inmate is on psych meds good luck with your theory because you and every C.O there will be dead in short time. By the way we are talking about tazers not stunt guns, just shoot the ****er before he gets close to you, and if that don't work then use your oc. We are talking about adding versatility here not replacing oc, I do agree that oc is useful just not always and a tasser would also be very useful. The only reason we don't have them is because the department is cheap, and we are even cheaper to then, we need to wise up and start suing wen we get hurt it is the only way the yare going to listen.[/quote:1v1adfhx]

You're talking about a taser and not a stun gun? In close quarters? In a prison cell? Against a group of inmates giving you a beat down? hahahah. You can only shoot one inmate with 2 little wires attached. hahahah. While the rest of them beat your ass. If I respond to your beat down you BETTER HOPE I have gas instead of a useless taser. The OC we carry also has a red dye in it that inmates can't wash off. That's how we identify everyone involved later. BELIEVE ME they know that and scatter when you pull that can. Of course I've gotten it in my eyes. And it stings. And snot comes out. But it doesn't do anything to my legs. I CAN STILL GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE. Just shoot the ****er BEFORE he gets close to you and if that doesn't work use your OC? Did you really say that? hahahah. How big do you think a prison cell is? What do you think we mean when we say close combat? You obviously have never worked in a prison. A taser is the STUPIDEST AND MOST USELESS weapon you can have. I'd rather have a stun gun. But the best is still OC. You just start spraying. Everyone gets gassed (including you). But at least YOU HAVE A FIGHTING CHANCE TO GET AWAY. A taser gun . . . hahahaha.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast