ABTS DEMISE? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ABTS DEMISE?

Unregistered

Newsflash!!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but it’s time someone breaks it down for the deniers. SW and DM want less law enforcement at ABT and that is a fact. They have openly stated so. JW is a wolf in sheep’s clothing and will tell you whatever he thinks you want to hear to get what he wants or needs from you. This doesn’t make JW a bad person, but don’t forget he is an IG guy through-and-through. Once a rat, always a rat!

As for eliminating positions and making us non-sworn? The writing was on the wall starting in June 2019. That was when SW and DM started the purge of TB and FF. They were real cops, acted like cops, and wanted us to do real cop things. I never got a chance to talk with TB at length, but all indications were that he wanted what was best for you. FF was a DEA guy and just here to pad his retirement. He never seemed to really “get” ABT but was always a straight-shooter. Anyway, neither liked answering to non-sworn people and the downfall began. They were in a position where they could call SW and DM's BS. By August 2019 they were both gone.

In September 2019 another “clue” was dropped upon us that many people still refuse to accept. That was when we were told to work nothing but alcohol and tobacco laws. “Stay in your lane” we were told. They didn’t care what the PD and SO thought. Nothing but alcohol and tobacco. If we investigate any other crimes (narcotics, prostitution, counterfeit goods, EBT fraud, stolen property, gambling, etc) we would more than likely make an arrest and you need to be sworn to do that. Focus us on alcohol and tobacco and we no longer really need to be sworn. Sure, sales and possession of alcohol are criminal, but the locals can handle that if they really care. Plus TS and HB have both stated possession of A/B is a "rite-of-passage".

I guess my point in making this post is that many of us need to start looking elsewhere and someone needs to tell you without making smart-a** remarks. Don’t be foolish and get caught with your pants down. These guys are cutthroat and will not tell you the truth until the last minute. The only reason it didn’t happen last year was because of the pandemic. They needed us then but that is changing.

Wishing you all the best! Stay safe and hope to see you out there again someday!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but it’s time someone breaks it down for the deniers. SW and DM want less law enforcement at ABT and that is a fact. They have openly stated so. JW is a wolf in sheep’s clothing and will tell you whatever he thinks you want to hear to get what he wants or needs from you. This doesn’t make JW a bad person, but don’t forget he is an IG guy through-and-through. Once a rat, always a rat!

As for eliminating positions and making us non-sworn? The writing was on the wall starting in June 2019. That was when SW and DM started the purge of TB and FF. They were real cops, acted like cops, and wanted us to do real cop things. I never got a chance to talk with TB at length, but all indications were that he wanted what was best for you. FF was a DEA guy and just here to pad his retirement. He never seemed to really “get” ABT but was always a straight-shooter. Anyway, neither liked answering to non-sworn people and the downfall began. They were in a position where they could call SW and DM's BS. By August 2019 they were both gone.

In September 2019 another “clue” was dropped upon us that many people still refuse to accept. That was when we were told to work nothing but alcohol and tobacco laws. “Stay in your lane” we were told. They didn’t care what the PD and SO thought. Nothing but alcohol and tobacco. If we investigate any other crimes (narcotics, prostitution, counterfeit goods, EBT fraud, stolen property, gambling, etc) we would more than likely make an arrest and you need to be sworn to do that. Focus us on alcohol and tobacco and we no longer really need to be sworn. Sure, sales and possession of alcohol are criminal, but the locals can handle that if they really care. Plus TS and HB have both stated possession of A/B is a "rite-of-passage".

I guess my point in making this post is that many of us need to start looking elsewhere and someone needs to tell you without making smart-a** remarks. Don’t be foolish and get caught with your pants down. These guys are cutthroat and will not tell you the truth until the last minute. The only reason it didn’t happen last year was because of the pandemic. They needed us then but that is changing.

Wishing you all the best! Stay safe and hope to see you out there again someday!
    The DD needs to be walked out of the building. You are probably with him. But June 2019 is when the crooks took over. Are you a crook? No need to end sworn unless you’re a crook. HB isn’t the only crook. I suspect you’re a crook too looking to cover for your crooked ways.

Unregistered
    The DD needs to be walked out of the building. You are probably with him. But June 2019 is when the crooks took over. Are you a crook? No need to end sworn unless you’re a crook. HB isn’t the only crook. I suspect you’re a crook too looking to cover for your crooked ways.
    Nope. You must not have read my post clearly. I am in line to become non-sworn as well. My post supports all of those recipients of the current rounds of f**kery going on (yes, myself included). I also believe we should be sworn. Just thought somebody should break it down for us all because it seems many are delusional right now and think it won't happen. I can't be any clearer on the subject... but if you think I am a crook and buddies with DM, that's OK but couldn't be further from the truth. Still wishing you the best. Stay safe!

Unregistered
    It's not about sworn or non. It's not about budgets or cuts. It's about being a Man and doing the right thing. It's about respect and telling the truth. They expect nothing less from us. We should have that same courtesy provided to us. If we are cutting say so. If we are not say so. Simple.

Unregistered

Thanks Mike

Unregistered
    It's not about sworn or non. It's not about budgets or cuts. It's about being a Man and doing the right thing. It's about respect and telling the truth. They expect nothing less from us. We should have that same courtesy provided to us. If we are cutting say so. If we are not say so. Simple.
    They have to keep us working, don't they? "Hey guys, you are being made non-sworn, but it won't be until July 1st. So keep busting your arses until then!" What they'll get is a bunch of people not doing jack-sh** and looking for other jobs. Kind of like now but it will get worse. Nope, they don't have the balls or courage to tell us up front!

Unregistered
    They have to keep us working, don't they? "Hey guys, you are being made non-sworn, but it won't be until July 1st. So keep busting your arses until then!" What they'll get is a bunch of people not doing jack-sh** and looking for other jobs. Kind of like now but it will get worse. Nope, they don't have the balls or courage to tell us up front!
    No ones going anywhere

Unregistered

Tell the truth

You clearly said it. They will not give us much notice. Any time you see people getting laid off or a business shut down, They never give notice until the deal is done. They don’t want employees making false claims or walking out ahead of time. Here is how they get around looking bad. Say sworn personnel are no longer needed, but we offered everyone a job within the state. So they look good.

Unregistered
    I don’t work for DBPR but to me it looks like some people set to make a fortune in the marijuana industry set out to destroy your agency a couple of years ago. I wonder why that is...

Terminations
    You clearly said it. They will not give us much notice. Any time you see people getting laid off or a business shut down, They never give notice until the deal is done. They don’t want employees making false claims or walking out ahead of time. Here is how they get around looking bad. Say sworn personnel are no longer needed, but we offered everyone a job within the state. So they look good.
    july 1 will be a very bad day for those that remain.

no advance notice.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast