CDL Question

Thread: CDL Question

CDL Question

Hopefully someone can comment a quick question. I operate a pick up truck/gooseneck rig and have a Class A cdl w/o a air brake endorsement. I obtained the license a few months ago. I received a notice of suspension in the mail which states that I am not eligible for the license I have and that my license needs a "no tractor trailer" endorsement. My question is will that prevent me from operating my truck and gooseneck? I do not have air brakes obviously but did recently bump up my cgvw number on my tag. My typical load is 24,000# but sometimes more.

I am retired LEO and appreciate someone taking time to explain.

Re: CDL Question

You will still be fine with what you have. The "no tractor trailer" restriction is a restriction, not an endorsement. The restriction they are putting on your CDL will not allow you to drive a tractor and semi-trailer. The combination you are referring to is considered a straight truck / semi trailer combination. If you have any questions, you can also do a google search for FHP MCCO and our website will pop right up with contact information for the local FHP CVE offices where someone can answer your questions.

Wrong forum. DOT doesn't exist anymore. They were merged into FHP. Ask in that forum.

Lick my balls.