Police Bicycle - new design?

Talking Police Bicycle - new design?

Hello Officers,

I am an industrial design student at Pratt Institute (Brooklyn) and I am working on a
    bicycle project right now and at the moment I am designing a bike for the Police.

I would like to talk about the demands and requirements of a good police
    bike. I have questions like: What are your bikes used for (workout, public
    park patrol)? What accessories are used? What additional extras are worth
    thinking about? Can they be build in? What is the budget for a new bike? Does the
    police belt annoy when riding a bike? Should it be possible to fix the belt to the bike,
    if a proper solution can be found?

My thoughts so far:

- The formal language should fit to the uniforms: authority, serious, official
    - Main focus: usability, easy access
    - Light should be integrated in the frame structure, maybe even an abstract siren

Feel free to leave feedback. I will post my first design attempts as soon as I
    have some.

PS: I hope this request is written in the right category.

Sysop

Re: Police Bicycle - new design?

Greetings,

I want to put you in touch with Eddie Croissant of the Tampa Police Department. I'll let Eddie know that your post is in this forum.

Good luck!

Sysop

Re: Police Bicycle - new design?

I contacted Eddy Croissant for you and he wants you to contact him via email. He is willing to help you and to put you in touch with other people. He's a good guy and about as knowledgeable as anyone you're going to find on the subject. His list of contacts should be quite impressive as well. Here is his contact info:

Sgt. Edward Croissant
    Tampa Police Department
    Email: Edward.Croissant@tampagov.net
    Bio: http://www.hccfl.edu/yc/cjt/faculty/ed-croissant.aspx