Deputy information? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Deputy information?

No not tuff, just giving him and you if would like a chance to sit down and discuss. Randy Bryant... There you go...Oh by the way this is the first topic I have posted on your board.

In New York, an officers personnel file is confidential and citizens may not review it.

In Florida, an officers personnel file is open to the public and anonymous citizens may review it.

That's how and why dirt on senior SSO management is constantly being exposed.

New York has it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Guy
    Records Clerk, you might want to review FSS 119.07.2.a (1) before you release any information on any current or retired Sworn Law Enforcement Officer or Deputy.

What is to review. Anyone at any time can come in and see anyone's personnel file. If they want copies they have to pay and wait a few days to pick up. You can remain anonymous. There is nothing to review. The records clerk is correct and you are wrong.

119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution.
    (d)1.a.?The home addresses, telephone numbers, social security numbers, and photographs of active or former law enforcement personnel, including correctional and correctional probation officers, personnel of the Department of Children and Family Services whose duties include the investigation of abuse, neglect, exploitation, fraud, theft, or other criminal activities, personnel of the Department of Health whose duties are to support the investigation of child abuse or neglect, and personnel of the Department of Revenue or local governments whose responsibilities include revenue collection and enforcement or child support enforcement; the home addresses, telephone numbers, social security numbers, photographs, and places of employment of the spouses and children of such personnel; and the names and locations of schools and day care facilities attended by the children of such personnel are exempt from. Ok Guys, didn't mean to piss off a bunch of folks over there at the SCSO. Just trying to help Records Clerk by giving her or him some information that would be useful. This will be my last post on your board. Never thought my trying to help would cause such angst. Have a nice day.

No angst, It just appeared that you were implying that the records clerk as wrong. The records clerk was exactly correct. Do you think that someone whose job it is to release information/ records doesn't know their job? People at the SSO are sensitive about their jobs and rightly so. We work hard everyday with no thanks and very little praise. It is not an easy job whether it is LE, Comm., Corrections, or any number of civilian positions. We are surrounded by leaders with no morals, no ethics, arrest histories and criminal investigations. Then someone comes on this site and tries to tell a records person how to do their job. You will have to forgive us. You have a nice day too!

Quote Originally Posted by Nope
    No angst, It just appeared that you were implying that the records clerk as wrong. The records clerk was exactly correct. Do you think that someone whose job it is to release information/ records doesn't know their job? People at the SSO are sensitive about their jobs and rightly so. We work hard everyday with no thanks and very little praise. It is not an easy job whether it is LE, Comm., Corrections, or any number of civilian positions. We are surrounded by leaders with no morals, no ethics, arrest histories and criminal investigations. Then someone comes on this site and tries to tell a records person how to do their job. You will have to forgive us. You have a nice day too!
    You get the door prize for the most accurate answer!

To Hope. Not at all trying to tell the records clerk how to do their job. Just suggesting they look at 119. Not trying to criticize but offer some information to help. Have worked closely with many there during my 27 years on the job. Still have a lot of respect for the folks that do the job. Just too bad that some seem to strike out before they really consider the intent of the post. As you can see I posted my name. Still waiting for the other two to do the same. Do you thin they will? If I offended the Records Clerk it was unintentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Records Clerk
    He was hired in January of 2009 and is 39 years old. What else do you want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    State law prohibits certain issues. Your not going yo get help on here. I Dont know him but if you do look any information up,. The deputy has the right to know who is inquiring. So anything you do inquire you have to leave your information documented.
    Nope, a citizen does not have to identify themself to get public information. A citizen just needs to tell the SSO records clerk what they want and then give the clerk time to pull the information (24 hours at least) and then be prepared to pay for copies of whatever you get. Or just ask for everything on a CD because it might be cheaper that way.

However, if the citizen wants to sit down and leaf through the employees entire personnel file, then the employee has a right to be present when the citizen does so, per SSO policy (but not per state law).

Get your facts straight before telling citizens that they have to show ID and identify themselves to make a public records request on an employee. The Florida Sunshine Law is nutty because it doesn't give SSO employees any privacy, but it is what it is. Any citizen can anonymously get information on any SSO employee through our records department. Sad but true.

State law prohibits you from getting personnel information and family, etc. if you want to review further you do have to show I'd as the Leo has the right to be present and in front of you while you loo churro ugh it. Get your facts straight. I'm well aware of use law I enforce. Good day

Question Re: Deputy information?

State law prohibits you from getting personnel information and family, etc.
    x9? x2!

All LEO information is public record, except for the release of social security numbers, home addresses and photographs. The release of photos is also debatable as LEOs are posting pics of themselves all over the internet on facebook and linkined in and whatnot.

It is also perfectly legal to release the name of an officers wife. If not, can you please provide the state statute that prohibits it?

if you want to review further you do have to show I'd as the Leo has the right to be present and in front of you while you loo churro ugh it.
    Are you sig 2 behind the keyboard?

SSO department policy (not state law) states that if a citizen wants to look through a deputies personnel file, then the deputy may be present. An easy way to get around that policy is to just get the entire deputy's file (personnel and IA) on CD. No ID is legally required. The H-T already covered that ground a few years ago.

I'm well aware of use law I enfoce.
    tHaT dOeSn'T mAkE yOu SmArT!

Quote Originally Posted by New York City?
    In Florida, an officers personnel file is open to the public and anonymous citizens may review it.

That's how and why dirt on senior SSO management is constantly being exposed.
    If it were not for the Sunshine law, then dirt on the 2nd floor would be completely swept under the carpet. Thank gawd it's not!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast