Question about current Hiring - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Question about current Hiring

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WAITING
    Any idea when they'll start calling ppl back? i applied way back in oct do they prefer millitary over non-millitary? thanks.
    I'm in the same boat, and wondering as well. Military vet, out of state LEO experience, FL LEO for the past 5 yrs, plenty of advanced certs....still no call from MGPD. Did they already start the processing and hiring and I just got passed up? Can't call because they won't answer applicant "status" questions.
    I applied October 18, got a letter in the mail in November and had an oral board last week. They said they will contact me if i get selected to move on in the process, the academy starts in March. So if they haven't contacted you, my guess is that you got passed over.

Who said an academy starts in March?.... Was this confirmed by HR or is that rumor mill?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful applicant
    Any idea when they'll start calling ppl back? i applied way back in oct do they prefer millitary over non-millitary? thanks.
    I'm in the same boat, and wondering as well. Military vet, out of state LEO experience, FL LEO for the past 5 yrs, plenty of advanced certs....still no call from MGPD. Did they already start the processing and hiring and I just got passed up? Can't call because they won't answer applicant "status" questions.
    I applied October 18, got a letter in the mail in November and had an oral board last week. They said they will contact me if i get selected to move on in the process, the academy starts in March. So if they haven't contacted you, my guess is that you got passed over.
    Stop spreading rumors douchebag.... You don't know nothing....

What's the process like for certified applicants? Do they process and hire individually or do they wait for entire groups to process together and wait to hire the entire group at once? I don't usually come to forums to get answers, but it seems to be impossible to get through to anybody at MGPD. Does the agency have a recruiter?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful applicant
    im guessing your non-cert i heard the were processing nons first anyone have any info for the cert guys.

anyone else receive a letter saying congratulations on successfully completing the interview..now wait and see if we call you? Confusing letter. not too clear on whether im still being considered or thanks but no thanks kinda thing.

It means you are going to the next step.

It means you are going to the next step.
    I was hoping that's what it meant, the way the letter was written suggested it could go either way. Did you get the same? or are you currently employed with the city and know from experience

I have an upcoming interview. I heard you have to be a Miami gardens resident?

anybody get a call back since they got the congratulations letter?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast