dispatch going to BSO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

dispatch going to BSO

So dispatch is soon to go to bso, I for one can't wait. Once dispatch is BSO they have to follow bso policy and that means no more gossiping and making up stories to the Hollywood police supervisors. No more treating the public and the officers ( that they are not trying to bone) like trash. AMF Dispatch.

Re: dispatch going to BSO

Quote Originally Posted by cantwait
    So dispatch is soon to go to bso, I for one can't wait. Once dispatch is BSO they have to follow bso policy and that means no more gossiping and making up stories to the Hollywood police supervisors. No more treating the public and the officers ( that they are not trying to bone) like trash. AMF Dispatch.
    Some of Hollywood dispatchers are so horrble I do not even want to call in. One day I saw a man passed out on State Road 7 and called it in. The dispatcher told me that that is where the homeless sleep and it was probably a homeless person sleeping. Even if it was you don't say thigs like that even if that indeed is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cantwait
    Some of Hollywood dispatchers are so horrble I do not even want to call in. One day I saw a man passed out on State Road 7 and called it in. The dispatcher told me that that is where the homeless sleep and it was probably a homeless person sleeping. Even if it was you don't say thigs like that even if that indeed is the case.
    Exactly, it is not the dispatcher's job to determine if a guy lying on the side of the road is sleeping or is in distress and needs help; especially from their dispatch tower. They need to send out rescue or the cops and stop trying to play God. Hopefully BSO will train them to be dispatchers instead of the irreverent gossip hounds they are now.

Exclamation Re: dispatch going to BSO

Sorry to disappoint you but the majority of us will be bumping into the City. Good luck with BSO dispatch!! You think you have it bad now!

Quote Originally Posted by Telecommunicator
    Sorry to disappoint you but the majority of us will be bumping into the City.Why, you afraid you might be forced to do your job in a professional way? Good luck with BSO dispatch!! Not concerned, they won't try and get in your business or look for a boyfriend and send you "friendly" messages You think you have it bad now!
    Not concerned and you think you have it bad, bump into the city and See how The city manager treats you.

Sorry to disappoint you but the majority of us will be bumping into the City.Why, you afraid you might be forced to do your job in a professional way? Good luck with BSO dispatch!! Not concerned, they won't try and get in your business or look for a boyfriend and send you "friendly" messages You think you have it bad now!
    Not concerned and you think you have it bad, bump into the city and See how The city manager treats you.
    Well it will be good for the dispatchers as well because when the slug cops stay 10-6 to avoid the next paper call in their zone, those BSO dispatchers will be telling the bso supervisor who will be going straight to the shift LT. And The slug cops that go 10-51 for 15 -20 min will also be getting written up because they won't have their side piece to cover their behinds. This is a win win for both the professional dispatchers and professional cops. Not so much for the slugs. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/browar ... 2139.story

Would hate to see some of the older crowd go, but on the other hand some of the new ones need to get sent to BSO for retraining or termination. Except for the new guy, hes pretty good.

Cant believe the dyslexic chick has been up there for as long as she has and not been fired. How many times is she going to get kicked off the console during an incident before someone gets the hint?

Sorry to disappoint you but the majority of us will be bumping into the City. Good luck with BSO dispatch!! You think you have it bad now!
    Any truth to the rumor that some outside agency is pulling tapes and old mdt messages going years back? Are they looking for a pattern of abuse towards certain officers by dispatch supervisors? I hear they are pulling as far back as 5 years?

I understand you have new chief and so forth.

what are the working conditions like and how is your new chief.
    what call volume do you have and how is the BSO dispatch working out?

Thanks

Would hate to see some of the older crowd go, but on the other hand some of the new ones need to get sent to BSO for retraining or termination. Except for the new guy, hes pretty good.

Cant believe the dyslexic chick has been up there for as long as she has and not been fired. How many times is she going to get kicked off the console during an incident before someone gets the hint?
    That dyslexic chick is someone's relative at either city hall or the police department so don't expect her gone. She may end even up at BSO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast