is disipline racially handed out ?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

is disipline racially handed out ?

Does it seem like only certain racial classes get disciplined in your area?

Re: is disipline racially handed out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Yes. The African-American officers have it pretty rough. With the rest of the country becoming more tolerant, it's a shame the DOC is going in the opposite direction. I wish someone would open an investigation to see why so many minorities have not been promoted like they should have been. And to see why discipline has bee given out disproportionately against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest77

Yes. The African-American officers have it pretty rough. With the rest of the country becoming more tolerant, it's a shame the DOC is going in the opposite direction. I wish someone would open an investigation to see why so many minorities have not been promoted like they should have been. And to see why discipline has bee given out disproportionately against them.

Like everything at DC nothing is consistent. I still work for a senior sup that I went through the Singletary years with and he still covers up for the chocolate people leaving the vanillas on the whey side when ever there is an issue. The ghost of Harry still walks some of these offices.

Like everything at DC nothing is consistent. I still work for a senior sup that I went through the Singletary years with and he still covers up for the chocolate people leaving the vanillas on the whey side when ever there is an issue. The ghost of Harry still walks some of these offices.

After what the 'chocolate' people went through (slavery, civil war, reconstruction, Jim Crow, civil rights era, etc) i think we owe it to them to try to make their life better. We didn't pay them reparations (which we should have) so we have to make it up somewhere. It's only fair.

Funny, I didn't see a turnip truck pass by. What truck did you just fall from?

depends on who the CA is

After what the 'chocolate' people went through (slavery, civil war, reconstruction, Jim Crow, civil rights era, etc) i think we owe it to them to try to make their life better. We didn't pay them reparations (which we should have) so we have to make it up somewhere. It's only fair.

I have always thought a CHOCOLATE SHAKE should cost more money than a VANILLA SHAKE. You know its only right. I like my coffee BLACK and SWEET. No shortage of that at DC.

As a minority employee, I felt the sting of being disciplined every time that was a supervisor position opened. Although there were three supervisors in this particular office where I worked, the DCA instructed a openly racially hostile unit supervisor to conduct an audit on my cases. Then the DCA himself came to the office and assisted with the same. Nevertheless that I was supervising two HR cases at the same time and was doing the best that I could. My former partner was on sick leave with a major illness at the time. This was to ensure that his/her favorite would not have any problems being lateralled into said position. My reward was a two week suspension by the new CA with the assistance of the DCA with his/her manipulation to sweeten the pot against me. Then the favorite could not make any decision without her/his handler (not her/his supervisor's) permission. There were other times that I did not bother to apply for the supervisor position and yet again, I was singled out and written up for things that caucasion officers were not. Then the DCA got clever, he/she used a minority DCA to do his/her dirty work. The minority DCA did not know me and I did not know him/her as he/she was from another circuit. However, he/she became openly hostile and harassing towards me. Still the DCA was not satisfied, he/she had an auditor who is now a RD, to write me up for missing a home visit on a HR case by one day. Something hot came up on another HR case and I just got side tracked. Keep in mind that I am still holding down two large HR case loads and I made a mistake. I never heard anyone else being written up by an auditor before nor after my experience. By the way, there were four mispelled words in the letter. He is now a RD? Then the minority DCA misused his/her position to harass me even though my senior supervisor never had any problems with my work. He/she even tried to protect me from him/her as it was obvious what was happening. Then they turned on him/her because he/she refused to play along and bully/harass me. He/she is no longer with the agency. It appears that the goal for the caucasion former DCA/DRD/CA was to leave a paper trail on me. It worked. In fact, I was refused an appraisal report before I resigned/retired later on in the year. This appears to have been designed to prove to a clueless former RD that I was incompetent. I asked the rogue CA and his new DCA (a minority) assistance with receiving the same. I now know that this was part of the plan to force me from the agency. It worked because the ultimate goal was to fire me. The minority DCA appeared to have been covering his/her own azz as he/she was on probation as a new DCA. The minority DCA was, in my observation, was two faced. He/she was somewhat kind to me when we spoke one on one. However, it seemed that his/her whole persona changed when he/she was in the company of the CA and myself. Also, the minority DCA witnessed me being mistreated by the CA and did nothing to assist me. So, do not think that in all cases a minority will protect a minority. In fact, it could be just the opposite. Lastly, the former DCA was quite clever with skewing the truth by using caucasion officers to further his/her agenda against me. Those officers may not have known that they were being used as pawns. The former DCA hate of me was so strong that he/she did not care who knew of her/his feelings. Now, I am free from all the nastiness that I suffered at the hands of these so-called Christian employees. I hope that they remember that one day we all will reap what we have sewn be it good or bad. God is watching all of us!

I have always thought a CHOCOLATE SHAKE should cost more money than a VANILLA SHAKE. You know its only right. I like my coffee BLACK and SWEET. No shortage of that at DC.

I think recruiting and hiring African-Americans in the DOC is the least we can do. After what those people went through for 200 years. I'm white, but it makes me sick every time I think about how we treated those people. I know that (politically speaking) we would never be able to pay reparations, but what about having all African-Americans make 10% more than their white counterparts? We could afford it, and it would be a significant step toward trying to right the terrible wrong we did to those people.

Hispanic and want more too why is it that I always get the Spanish cases ?They do not pay me more to be a interpreter so over the Spanish man gets the Spanish cases

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast