vest

Thread: vest

vest

Does ABT provide body armor? Does ABT have tuition reimbursement for college?

Re: vest

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Does ABT provide body armor? Does ABT have tuition reimbursement for college?
    Yes on the vest. You get a new one every five years. It comes with a tac shell and the regular under the shirt carrier.
    All state employees are eligible for the tuition waiver program for state universities and colleges. No problem going to FSU. If you want to attend Cocoa Beach School of Law and Auto Repair you are on your own. No reimbursements. Only tuition waivers. In state only.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1897359
    Yes on the vest. You get a new one every five years. It comes with a tac shell and the regular under the shirt carrier.
    All state employees are eligible for the tuition waiver program for state universities and colleges. No problem going to FSU. If you want to attend Cocoa Beach School of Law and Auto Repair you are on your own. No reimbursements. Only tuition waivers. In state only.
    Free tuition is one of the best yet most under utilized benefit of being a state employee. If you don't have a four year degree get one. If you aren't maxed out - work on making it happen. Look at it this way- -being maxed out equals 75 cents an hour. Seventy five cents an hour may not sound like a lot of money but do the math.
    130 a month = 1560 a year. Multiply that by 25 or 30 years. Big bucks that didn't cost you a thing but time.

Unregistered
    Instead of spending all that $$$$ on new uniforms we never ever wear and look hideous we should have spent it on nicer patches for our vests to identify our actual agency not just police

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Instead of spending all that $$$$ on new uniforms we never ever wear and look hideous we should have spent it on nicer patches for our vests to identify our actual agency not just police
    I think if you took a vote on our newest uniforms, you would find a lot of folks who like them. I do. Even other agencies have noted how much better they look. At the bare minimum they are definitely more comfortable, but I also like the Khaki BDU's and Navy blue. The black and gray ones looked like crap, aged like crap, and were uncomfortable as crap. Really though, as little as we wear them I could care less.

Personally, I voted for the green uniforms. You know what though, I don't care what they issue. Free car. Free gas. 25 and out!!! Quit complaining about the patches on your shirt and be happy you have a paying job.

Unregistered
    Every agency that's commented to me was a snicker about having patches on a polo and a knucklehead in the north who pins LT bars into his polo. Really come on! I'd like to know what other agencies are complimenting you, mall security?????

Unregistered
    I voted for the green utilities too. keep in mind more than half the people here today were not here when we voted for what we have now. The colors are fine and the agency could make an easy transition to a better looking shirt by deleting the patches with the next order for replacements. All that shirt needs is a better, higher stitch count badge. It would look good enough to wear and would improve the "brand"

When I wear the current shirt it is usually in the dark of night and covered with a vest, so in the big scheme of things it could be even more hideous and I wouldn't care.

Unregistered
    Dark of night? Who you kidding!!!! Working after dark and wearing a uniform. That's funny!!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dark of night? Who you kidding!!!! Working after dark and wearing a uniform. That's funny!!!!
    I guess it depends where you are. I don't like approaching a youthful appearing person at night in a parking lot and having to explain who I am. The uniform does the talking for me.