Employment with Lee county
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Employment with Lee county

Hey Everybody,

I am 25 year old veteran and I completed the police academy February of this year. I came across Lee County Sheriff Office while browsing the internet. I noticed that they accepting applications for almost every position. My question is, is this a good thing or bad? Is the department expanding? Or are so many officer fleeing? What is the work schedule like? Any info would help. Thanks in advance

Re: Employment with Lee county

This is good place to learn how to be a cop. You can get good experience here so you can get a good job later. You don't want to come here with the intention of spending your entire career here. By design this agency is becoming a stepping stone agency.

Patrol works 12 hour shifts.

Question Re: Employment with Lee county

I think the US Military pays more. $35,250 after 8 years... Re-Enlist.

LOOK ELSEWHERE!

I came here straight out of the military and at the time it was a great place to work. That is not the case anymore! Six years without a raise, the lowest paid agency in SW Florida, political promotions and assignments, a sheriff who spent approximately $2,000,000 of tax payer money to spit in the face of his own deputies, no money in the budget to take care of the rank and file but plenty to promote deputies to Lieutenant, completely skipping sergeant.

I was a huge cheerleader for this agency for a long time, but the honeymoon is over. Check out Collier County. They start $10,000 a year higher than us and have the tax base to take care of their people. Any agency in the state at this point in time is better than LCSO. Good luck in your job search and thank you for your service to the country.

Like the previous poster said, if you absolutely cannot get a job, then apply here to get some experience and move on to greener pastures.

This places is so messed up that you have homicide detective making under $45,000. Lowest paid and the morale is in the crapper. The administration's answer to this, "If you don't like it, leave."

No support from the sheriff who spends money to reward the chosen few with lavish raises and promotions, while the rest of us are getting f'ked with no raises. The BOCC doesn't care either and all of those current f'kers on the board voted against a step plan when one was presented before them. Yet, the county has money for trees, sidewalks, baseball, and a plethora of other pet projects.

Look elsewhere!

Thanks, guys for the info. Believe it or not I watched Lee county recruitment video with my wife, and she said it was a trap within the first few minutes. I still applied though. So I guess I'll just see what happens.

Does anyone have link to this video?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Does anyone have link to this video?
    http://vimeo.com/9071503

here you go.

Listen to the segment 7.45 to 8.05....wtf, you could not pack more lies into 20 seconds if you tried.

Quote Originally Posted by whodat?
    Listen to the segment 7.45 to 8.05....wtf, you could not pack more lies into 20 seconds if you tried.
    lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast