What's going on at the Robbery Bureau??
Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

What's going on at the Robbery Bureau??

For as long as I could remember Robbery was one of the more difficult places to get to. Anybody know why people are trying to jump ship? Seems like a lot of the robbery detectives and RID personnel aren't happy. I just heard the major over there threw out a long time sergeant and his entire squad. Anybody know if this is just a rumor or indeed true?

Re: Whats going on at the robbery bureau??

I can't speak about morale at the robbery bureau because I don't work there however to answer your question about if the major threw out an entire squad, that is true.

They were probably committing the MOST egregious act that a cop can do to tarnish the badge......they were using the Busway.

The morale in robbery is nonexistent. The people running the bureau are lost. The prestige that came with being a member of the bureau has flown out the window. RID has become cops/dare because they don't want any type of proactive work being done. Apparently what has worked from the beginning of RID has been wrong all along. It is true that a whole squad has been transferred out. Aside from that many more want to jump ship reference the current administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality1
    They were probably committing the MOST egregious act that a cop can do to tarnish the badge......they were using the Busway.
    Well those dirty *******s, how could they? Who is the major now?

The squad that got kicked out is the squad that was involved in that chase where the subject slammed into a woman that was sitting in the passenger side of a vehicle, according to witnesses they were chasing the subject with no sirens on.

It is very easy to understand what's going on at the Robbery Bureau. Months ago they had a stand up Major. For whatever reason he gets transferred out and someone who shouldn't be promoted (from LT to Major) gets promoted, based on race (let's be honest here, there were much better qualified candidates). On top of that, this individual know's absolutely nothing about what happens in the Robbery Bureau, specifically in RID. Vehicle pursuits, traffic accidents, uses of forces are a new thing to this man.
    Like most new brass, he comes in and tries to stir the pot around with his own strategies/ideas. Some things that I've heard he wanted from them was absolutely no chase (your in the wrong bureau if that's what you want), RID to work flyers and surveillances all day. Really? Is this why these young bucks go to RID? To sit at a house & hope the bad guy comes out? NO.
    My understanding from people both in robbery investigations and RID officers is he's basically out to make an example of some and hang you out to dry. as he recently did with the squad he got rid of. Is this a supervisor one would enjoy coming to work to? NO. Most officers at one point in their career have been in a jam for trying to do the right thing (police work). Take for instance the chase in West Perrine. I'm sure no one intended for that civilian to get killed. Last weeks chase the ended in Broward with the fatality. That's the unfortunate part of the job. You would hope your superiors would be there to do the right thing and back you up (especially in any proactive unit). As a matter of fact, this individual I believe was responsible for the shooting/killings of three or four scum bags out in the Redlands a few years back (undercover operation gone bad). Did your superiors turn their backs on you & hang you out to dry? Did they throw you out of SRT, write you up, arrest you, demote you? NO. Way to be a stand up man & return the favor. Unfortunately, as it usually happens as people go higher in rank they forget what it is to be a cop as seems to be the issue in the Robbery Bureau.
    For all you young bucks that are in RID, leave before you become a victim. For all of those interested in going to RID, now is not the time. It's not what it once was and if it continues this route, it probably won't be around much longer.
    As always, stay safe.
    Retired MDPD COP

Calvin James

Big James everything you have just stated is on point. Unfortunately the command staff has not done any proactive work in their careers so they don't know what it is to go out there and actively engage in a pursuit from one second to the next and still maintain your composer or run after multiple subject from 22 bailout. Im not here to put down any other unit or officer out there but it takes a special breed of individual to be a RID detective and do the things we do day in and say out. Unfortunately if you have never been in robbery you might not understand what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmc
    Big James everything you have just stated is on point. Unfortunately the command staff has not done any proactive work in their careers so they don't know what it is to go out there and actively engage in a pursuit from one second to the next and still maintain your composer or run after multiple subject from 22 bailout. Im not here to put down any other unit or officer out there but it takes a special breed of individual to be a RID detective and do the things we do day in and say out. Unfortunately if you have never been in robbery you might not understand what I'm saying.
    No doubt you are a real hero, what would crime fighting do without you? Bet your mom is very proud.

James, not to smart.

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast