Family Illness - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Family Illness

Re: Family Illness

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Oh sure, only out for himself. Got us raises most years when state LEOs got none. Got us better equipment. Let us do our jobs without telling us we are too aggressive. Got our department recognition when no past chief did. His strategies cut crime significantly ON CAMPUS. And, he made us the second campus department in the state to get take homes. We aren't losing officers left and right anymore because of him. Nobody ever tried to do so much for us in the past, and he never got a raise we didn't, and even missed some a few years back. And if what some are speculating about on here is true, that's the thanks he gets from USF and from US? I'm ashamed of those on here badmouthing him, he has done nothing to deserve that. Some on here sound disgruntled, probably because they got themselves in trouble or didn't get a promotion they wanted. But being the leader is a tough job and I'm more than happy with him.
    Geez, I wonder who wrote this? Either this is the Chief, or it’s an employee who is very disconnected with our department. Things have not been running well around here, and all the “awards” you can proudly pound your chest to mean nothing to most of us. Please slip into retirement quietly, and if this wasn’t the Chief, you can put away your shine box, your stock is falling quickly.
    Nope, not the chief. And no "shine box" here. You are so eaten up with bitterness of your own failures that you can't see the greater good. And you are not part of that. Move on, we are sick of people like you.

Oh sure, only out for himself. Got us raises most years when state LEOs got none. Got us better equipment. Let us do our jobs without telling us we are too aggressive. Got our department recognition when no past chief did. His strategies cut crime significantly ON CAMPUS. And, he made us the second campus department in the state to get take homes. We aren't losing officers left and right anymore because of him. Nobody ever tried to do so much for us in the past, and he never got a raise we didn't, and even missed some a few years back. And if what some are speculating about on here is true, that's the thanks he gets from USF and from US? I'm ashamed of those on here badmouthing him, he has done nothing to deserve that. Some on here sound disgruntled, probably because they got themselves in trouble or didn't get a promotion they wanted. But being the leader is a tough job and I'm more than happy with him.
    I'm sure there are many like yourself who are happy with him.

I'm also pretty sure that you are one of the few who are worried that the next "leader" may actually get that chance to "Pick their own Command staff".

"The Times They Are A-Changin'"

Come gather 'round people
    Wherever you roam
    And admit that the waters
    Around you have grown
    And accept it that soon
    You'll be drenched to the bone
    If your time to you
    Is worth savin'
    Then you better start swimmin'
    Or you'll sink like a stone
    For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics
    Who prophesize with your pen
    And keep your eyes wide
    The chance won't come again
    And don't speak too soon
    For the wheel's still in spin
    And there's no tellin' who
    That it's namin'
    For the loser now
    Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen
    Please heed the call
    Don't stand in the doorway
    Don't block up the hall
    For he that gets hurt
    Will be he who has stalled
    There's a battle outside
    And it is ragin'
    It'll soon shake your windows
    And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
    Throughout the land
    And don't criticize
    What you can't understand
    Your sons and your daughters
    Are beyond your command
    Your old road is
    Rapidly agin'
    Please get out of the new one
    If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn
    The curse it is cast
    The slow one now
    Will later be fast
    As the present now
    Will later be past
    The order is
    Rapidly fadin'
    And the first one now
    Will later be last

You're going to have to go to Pasco now!! :devil:

I was a supporter at first. But things changed rather quickly. He has brought the agency up to a better standard than it was in years past with equipment, money in our pockets, and proactivity. However, it wasn’t all his doing. Until Lovins took over, things were pretty stagnant. Ennis sure didn’t do any good for USFPD. But this job is not just about these things. It is much more complicated.
    USFPD is likening to a domestic violence relationship. A few in command are the abusive parents or spouses. Behind closed doors they’ll beat you down. Threaten you. Yell at you. Lose their temper at you. Tell you what you are allowed to know and condemn you for what you were never supposed to know. But when out in the open, they are kinder and gentler; and for all accounts appear… shall I say nice, for the entire world to see. It’s what they and the chief have done behind closed doors that have caused the problems at USFPD. I can guarantee the stories they have spun to Lovins about the “ones you need to get on board with” are not all factual and most definitely paint a picture of the story tellers being pure innocents. Three people in command lead by threat, fear, and retaliation. You can’t demote, fire, reassign, and humiliate without things eventually catching up to you. You can’t attack people’s livelihood to protect your own scandalous behavior. Sooner or later the wronged people will tell the right people what needs to be told and maybe then things change for the better. The USFPD family is in need of some major counseling.

You're going to have to go to Pasco now!! :devil:
    Come on now. If the Chief leaves he has a clean slate of empty threats with a new chief :cop:

I was a supporter at first. But things changed rather quickly. He has brought the agency up to a better standard than it was in years past with equipment, money in our pockets, and proactivity. However, it wasn’t all his doing. Until Lovins took over, things were pretty stagnant. Ennis sure didn’t do any good for USFPD. But this job is not just about these things. It is much more complicated.
    USFPD is likening to a domestic violence relationship. A few in command are the abusive parents or spouses. Behind closed doors they’ll beat you down. Threaten you. Yell at you. Lose their temper at you. Tell you what you are allowed to know and condemn you for what you were never supposed to know. But when out in the open, they are kinder and gentler; and for all accounts appear… shall I say nice, for the entire world to see. It’s what they and the chief have done behind closed doors that have caused the problems at USFPD. I can guarantee the stories they have spun to Lovins about the “ones you need to get on board with” are not all factual and most definitely paint a picture of the story tellers being pure innocents. Three people in command lead by threat, fear, and retaliation. You can’t demote, fire, reassign, and humiliate without things eventually catching up to you. You can’t attack people’s livelihood to protect your own scandalous behavior. Sooner or later the wronged people will tell the right people what needs to be told and maybe then things change for the better. The USFPD family is in need of some major counseling.
    Yep!

Sandy Lovins was the best thing to ever happen to this agency. Her support for our department has been outstanding !! She is a smart lady that I am sure will our has seen through most of the BS the chief and some of his staff has told her. I am confident that there will be some positive changes in the near future. I think it is time to see what a female chief can bring to this agency. Hopefully it will eliminate the "boys" Club we have had for a few decades.

Sandy Lovins was the best thing to ever happen to this agency. Her support for our department has been outstanding !! She is a smart lady that I am sure will our has seen through most of the BS the chief and some of his staff has told her. I am confident that there will be some positive changes in the near future. I think it is time to see what a female chief can bring to this agency. Hopefully it will eliminate the "boys" Club we have had for a few decades.
    Ok, I agree with the Sandy Lovins part but Boys Club??? Are you nuts?

When I referred to the "boys Club" I was referring to the 1,2,3,6 combo of cover our azz no matter what, the vindictive attacks, the unfair treatment of a select few and the few that can never do wrong in their eyes. The best man step increases, next door neighbor workout email. ... and so many other look the other way for our buddies.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast