Family Illness - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Family Illness

Re: Family Illness

Good riddance to this guy. He was a very unethical person in the way he did business with employees and ran the Dept. All he cared about was using his position to boost his resume through awards on arrests and traffic stats. What an unethical A- hole. He never had any interest in the University community or in University security. He was very much out for himself. It took all this time to see that...? I am shocked with all the educated people working at the UP and the University Admin. I wish I could have got one of the many personal checks he padded employees accounts with outside of the PBA agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Good riddance to this guy. He was a very unethical person in the way he did business with employees and ran the Dept. All he cared about was using his position to boost his resume through awards on arrests and traffic stats. What an unethical A- hole. He never had any interest in the University community or in University security. He was very much out for himself. It took all this time to see that...? I am shocked with all the educated people working at the UP and the University Admin. I wish I could have got one of the many personal checks he padded employees accounts with outside of the PBA agreement.
    Wow...either stop smoking that stuff or go back on your meds.

Very true......not to mention the unlawful firing of a veteran supervisor, and the attempts to fire other high ranking individuals, forcing members to retire, and demoting veterans to patrol for doing there job. Only scary thing is who is next in command....we all know none of the command staff has stepped up or been allowed to step up to be leaders, and god knows we don't need another debacle like last week. Would be nice if command would also tell the truth about the chief being forced to leave and not this medical BS.

All I have to say is........SO LONGO !!

It’s not medication we need. We need a good examination though. USFPD needs to go under the microscope and be looked into by an outside source. The hand-outs are just a minor example of command’s issues. USF will only cover-up any wrong-doings that have been taking place. RNC boat guy got a $500 bump up when Longo found out he was leaving the first time. Said it was for the great job he did during the RNC. Boat guy left anyways. At least one other well-known bump up happened when he told the chief he was going to Pasco County. Granted it is within his prerogative to give handouts whenever he wants and for whatever reason he wants. But it’s the sly, sneaky, shady, bribery way that he has done it that needs to be looked into.

However, Chief is the least of our worries. He's done some good for the agency but there are two others that pose a far greater threat to the integrity and morale of the agency. They are the ones to watch out for.

Does USF really know what happened to that veteran supervisor, those lieutenants, our master officer, CID detective now patrol Sgt., PCSO detective, or any other situation? Longo and his command have the upper hand and ability to spin whatever tales they want to spin. They then provide only their story to their supervisor. Maybe Lovey has been being lied to all along?

Maybe the chief is actually having a family situation. If that truly is the case then we should sympathize and not wish any ill will to another person. That said, the whole situation is very suspicious. We are police officers and by our nature curious and cautious of everything we are told. We get lied to many times by many people we deal with. Think about it. Could the university afford the publicity of actually terminating the top cop or publically not renewing him? Of course not. The cleanest way that would allow the university to not have any record of what actually has (if it has) happened is to say there was a family medical issue. Privacy laws would forbid USF from releasing any document or records about what or why he did not return (if he doesn’t). Just like other situations that have happened. USF is smart. They know what they have to protect and will take any and all steps to protect USF. They have lawyers that do nothing but spin the truth and manipulate the facts to protect the greater interests of USF.

I don't care who is in charge. We just need a strong leader who is willing to listen to ideas, is aware of what is going on with his people, cares about his people, and has a plan for the community to address the crimes that are happening on campus.

His stat driven, contest entering, Traffic enforcement ideas mostly conducted in other jurisdictions, does nothing for USF no matter how much his koolaid pitching # 3 wants us out there in that moat of his. We've even gone so far as to get grants to do traffic on OVERTIME in HCSO's juristiction that was real brilliant!! Does anyone remember the chiefs email on that one " for those of you who want to get out there and do some REAL POLICE WORK". Talk about a slap in the face! But come on now, we all know his Career was full of dangerous swashbuckling adventures in crime fighting right? NOT !!!!

We have monthly awards, officers of the year awards, etc, all based on traffic stats, while awards for saving lives and stopping actual campus crimes sit gathering dust on command staff desks. That is wrong and it's demeaning to the officers who did a great job. Yet command staff can't figure out why no one wants to show up for a holiday award party and why they actually have to order the officers working the street to come in and eat. :snicker:

It's time for a change and this will be a great start.

I totally agree with all these posts. He was totally out for himself and all the awards he could accumulate and he didn't give a crap about protecting the actuall USF community. I seen this when he first got hired here. He screwed a lot of dedicated employees over at the UP and it's all coming back on him now. I don't feel a bit sorry for him. Maybe he will take it as a "learning experience".

You should get St Pete Campus' old chief. He'd be a real ASSet to your department :lol: .

I totally agree with all these posts. He was totally out for himself and all the awards he could accumulate and he didn't give a crap about protecting the actuall USF community. I seen this when he first got hired here. He screwed a lot of dedicated employees over at the UP and it's all coming back on him now. I don't feel a bit sorry for him. Maybe he will take it as a "learning experience".
    Oh sure, only out for himself. Got us raises most years when state LEOs got none. Got us better equipment. Let us do our jobs without telling us we are too aggressive. Got our department recognition when no past chief did. His strategies cut crime significantly ON CAMPUS. And, he made us the second campus department in the state to get take homes. We aren't losing officers left and right anymore because of him. Nobody ever tried to do so much for us in the past, and he never got a raise we didn't, and even missed some a few years back. And if what some are speculating about on here is true, that's the thanks he gets from USF and from US? I'm ashamed of those on here badmouthing him, he has done nothing to deserve that. Some on here sound disgruntled, probably because they got themselves in trouble or didn't get a promotion they wanted. But being the leader is a tough job and I'm more than happy with him.

Oh sure, only out for himself. Got us raises most years when state LEOs got none. Got us better equipment. Let us do our jobs without telling us we are too aggressive. Got our department recognition when no past chief did. His strategies cut crime significantly ON CAMPUS. And, he made us the second campus department in the state to get take homes. We aren't losing officers left and right anymore because of him. Nobody ever tried to do so much for us in the past, and he never got a raise we didn't, and even missed some a few years back. And if what some are speculating about on here is true, that's the thanks he gets from USF and from US? I'm ashamed of those on here badmouthing him, he has done nothing to deserve that. Some on here sound disgruntled, probably because they got themselves in trouble or didn't get a promotion they wanted. But being the leader is a tough job and I'm more than happy with him.
    Geez, I wonder who wrote this? Either this is the Chief, or it’s an employee who is very disconnected with our department. Things have not been running well around here, and all the “awards” you can proudly pound your chest to mean nothing to most of us. Please slip into retirement quietly, and if this wasn’t the Chief, you can put away your shine box, your stock is falling quickly.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast