Stay positive
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay positive

Stay positive

You guys really need to look at the bigger picture. I've been in Law Enforcement for 8 years. I currently work for a smaller agency who is all about stats. With that being said, they love numbers no matter how you get them as long as you don't mess with the wrong person. They go by the "Good ol boy" system. If your the golden boy you are great, if not then you better watch it. Now, I am in the process with Seminal P.D. and let me tell you some of the great things I see. Number one, you guys say that you cannot be cops? False. You mean, they actually want you to serve your community instead of harassing them. Whats wrong with taking someone home if their drunk instead of waiting until they get in a vehicle so you can arrest then to get a number? Nothing, because you are doing your job. That my friend is protecting the public and serving them at the same time which is what we swore to do. 30 years ago cops did just that and people respected and trusted them. Now, I hear the term Indian a lot. Yes, you work in a community full of indians. So what...They are your community and responsibility no matter what their face. I work in a predominately black community. Sure some of the people I HELP and have to deal with are douse bags, but thats what I swore I would do. I like helping people. Also, Seminal pays very well for what little they ask. About the admin, why let someone who has got it made interfere with how you do your job? There are those kind of people everywhere and from what I've seen they always get themselves caught up. Just go to work, do your job and go home. You will run into no problems. If your supervisor asks you to do something, do it. That simple. Yes it may suck, but as long as its not illegal or unethical do what is asked. I really look forward to becoming a part of Seminal and for those who are blinded by anger and dissatisfaction, you really should leave before you ruin it for some good people. Remember, your getting a nice check, you have a nice career, and you can make your position what you want it to be. No one can change the way you think except you.

Re: Stay positive

Good try (will) people are still leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by guest 111
    I think we can agree that some people will only be happy when they leave. This is for most people who are to that point. Remember, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by lostboi82
    You guys really need to look at the bigger picture. I've been in Law Enforcement for 8 years. I currently work for a smaller agency who is all about stats. With that being said, they love numbers no matter how you get them as long as you don't mess with the wrong person. They go by the "Good ol boy" system. If your the golden boy you are great, if not then you better watch it. Now, I am in the process with Seminal P.D. and let me tell you some of the great things I see. Number one, you guys say that you cannot be cops? False. You mean, they actually want you to serve your community instead of harassing them. Whats wrong with taking someone home if their drunk instead of waiting until they get in a vehicle so you can arrest then to get a number? Nothing, because you are doing your job. That my friend is protecting the public and serving them at the same time which is what we swore to do. 30 years ago cops did just that and people respected and trusted them. Now, I hear the term Indian a lot. Yes, you work in a community full of indians. So what...They are your community and responsibility no matter what their face. I work in a predominately black community. Sure some of the people I HELP and have to deal with are douse bags, but thats what I swore I would do. I like helping people. Also, Seminal pays very well for what little they ask. About the admin, why let someone who has got it made interfere with how you do your job? There are those kind of people everywhere and from what I've seen they always get themselves caught up. Just go to work, do your job and go home. You will run into no problems. If your supervisor asks you to do something, do it. That simple. Yes it may suck, but as long as its not illegal or unethical do what is asked. I really look forward to becoming a part of Seminal and for those who are blinded by anger and dissatisfaction, you really should leave before you ruin it for some good people. Remember, your getting a nice check, you have a nice career, and you can make your position what you want it to be. No one can change the way you think except you.
    Ok lost boi, u make it sound all great, wait until u become uncle wills boy toy, u got the good ol boy system, can't mess with the wrong person, work in fear, guess what hot rod, we got the same sh:t here, only worse, come in to work as a slave and everyday is a curse, what happened before u wrote the post, drink a gallon of stupid juice, work here six months and u will stick u head in the noose, what's wrong with taking a dunk home, let him get in one of his six cars, kills someone and ur on ur own, the department won't back u, they will say sorry and btw ur career is through, have a nice life, will pay u adieu, it doesn't matter what thier face, man r u full of it, and coming to the wrong place, Native American is the only one that matters, no other race, do what's right and u will be lonely, just look at the drivers Ed car that says, for tribal members only. Go to work and you won't have any problems, u must have missed the list of the ppl who quit, u must have saw them. We do get a nice check not so much of a career, unless u sell ur soul or work in fear, 30 years ago cops were whipping ppls azz n doing just fine, now we take away their dope and they don't want us to even give them a fine, 30 years ago they did their job and went to bed,now they cuddle criminals and ending up dead, look at the numbers if ur paying attention they are not living long enough to see their pension, oh that's right we ain't got one, when we quit how much money will have, that's right none, that's why we are leaving at a record pace, don't worry about the tribe they got fools like u to take our place, oh unwanted to help ppl we haven't heard that before, if u make it a year u will say why I came and head for the door, I usually spit better than this but today is gone and the chiefs message got me pissed, I got to get out of hear got to go, best of luck to u, just remember Aftermath told u so.

I think we can agree that some people will only be happy when they leave. This is for most people who are to that point. Remember, the grass is not always greener on the other side.
    Maybe you should take you own advice, hmm? The grass is not green here, it's dead. Your right, the money for what we do is awesome, hardly any calls, pretty much anything we want for free at the hardrock, lot of overtime and details, best kept secret, now with that being said, why would any one leave, I ask that because my 12 year old asked me the same question when he overheard me talking, think about it he's 12.

Ok lost boi, u make it sound all great, wait until u become uncle wills boy toy, u got the good ol boy system, can't mess with the wrong person, work in fear, guess what hot rod, we got the same sh:t here, only worse, come in to work as a slave and everyday is a curse, what happened before u wrote the post, drink a gallon of stupid juice, work here six months and u will stick u head in the noose, what's wrong with taking a dunk home, let him get in one of his six cars, kills someone and ur on ur own, the department won't back u, they will say sorry and btw ur career is through, have a nice life, will pay u adieu, it doesn't matter what thier face, man r u full of it, and coming to the wrong place, Native American is the only one that matters, no other race, do what's right and u will be lonely, just look at the drivers Ed car that says, for tribal members only. Go to work and you won't have any problems, u must have missed the list of the ppl who quit, u must have saw them. We do get a nice check not so much of a career, unless u sell ur soul or work in fear, 30 years ago cops were whipping ppls azz n doing just fine, now we take away their dope and they don't want us to even give them a fine, 30 years ago they did their job and went to bed,now they cuddle criminals and ending up dead, look at the numbers if ur paying attention they are not living long enough to see their pension, oh that's right we ain't got one, when we quit how much money will have, that's right none, that's why we are leaving at a record pace, don't worry about the tribe they got fools like u to take our place, oh unwanted to help ppl we haven't heard that before, if u make it a year u will say why I came and head for the door, I usually spit better than this but today is gone and the chiefs message got me pissed, I got to get out of hear got to go, best of luck to u, just remember Aftermath told u so.

Please stop posting here and in the other threads. Everyone else is adding something intelligent and you can't even grasp the concept of a period. Your ranting just runs on...and on...and on. Embarrassing to the rest of us. The reason you're still here is because there's no way any other agency would pick you up. If you're not here anymore, it's obvious why. Disappear and leave the comments and strategy to union boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Aftermath
    Hey there Aftermath, you definitely have a point with the drunk driving scenario. Please know that when I gave that example I meant it with discretion. Of course there will be times when tail needs to be put in jail and an ass to be kicked. I also understand its hard for a lot of cops to remove themselves from the cop mode, once a cop always a cop. Problem is, what they have been lead to believe is a good cop is not so much true. This job is not just about whopping ass and locking people up. Its also about education and really being able to understand. I do not work for Seminal nor have I ever so I cannot comment on things I do not know. However, the complaints I have read seem to be very small in nature. If your young and looking to kick ass and chase down bad guys all day then thats probably not the place for you. I personally am looking for a place where I can be a cop, make a living, and enjoy my life. I have always gotten along with everyone I work with and had very few conflicts. I have found myself in need of a change and I believe Seminal is exactly the place for me at this stage of my life. Now, I do know everywhere has their problems and I'm not silly enough to believe that Seminal is perfect. I do believe a lot of the issues mentioned here are easily fixable. Thanks for the luck, and the same to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcoat
    Maybe you should take you own advice, hmm? The grass is not green here, it's dead. Your right, the money for what we do is awesome, hardly any calls, pretty much anything we want for free at the hardrock, lot of overtime and details, best kept secret, now with that being said, why would any one leave, I ask that because my 12 year old asked me the same question when he overheard me talking, think about it he's 12.
    Hey there TopCoat like I mentioned before, I'm not thinking Seminal is perfect. I am positive it has issues. I ask you to do this, talk to people from other agencies and see what they say about theirs. They will have positive and negative. You have to weigh out what you can handle or deal with. Pembroke Pines is a nice department, so is Miramar, BSO, and all the others. Believe me, all of those agencies have issues too. This job is 90 percent political so I understand the frustration, but I have found myself an out where I don't get involved. To many people get into politics and thats where they run into problems. like I said before come to work, do your 12 and go home. Leave it all there and start over the next day. Just try to stay positive especially in front of your son. I try and always look at it this way, "It could be a lot worse". Good luck with whatever you chose.

Make a living and enjoy your life? Do your 12 hours and go home? Yeah, good luck with that when you continually get mandated to work. Got a planned vacation? THINK AGAIN!! Your weekend off with the family, TZhINK AGAIN!!! You can always complain and get promoted though. The only thing consistent here is bending over and taking one. "Seminal" don't care about you and soon enough you won't care about them. I figured your years of experience would make you a little smarter. But if you don't see it yet, you will soon enough. Yeah every other department has problems and you hear and read about them. But those are depts with hundreds/thousands of sworn officers. There is always a certain percentage that are disgruntled but when the "Seminal" forum (100+ officers) is just as active as BSO forums (5,000+ personnel), a tenured officer would call that a clue. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Damn You're Dumb

Please stop posting here and in the other threads. Everyone else is adding something intelligent and yu can't even grasp the concept of a period. Your ranting just runs on...and on...and on. Embarrassing to the rest of us. The reason you're still here is because there's no way any other agency would pick you up. If you're not here anymore, it's obvious why. Disappear and leave the comments and strategy to union boss!
    Omg did u pick the wrong chick,, look everyone let boy are u dumb be an example, come on everyone pick up the Pickett signs, join a union, sh:t will never get off the ground who are u foolin, are u blind deaf and dumb, better off blowing ur brains out, I'll give u the gun, union is going to change everything,pd been here 30 years and sh:t is still the same, u ain't got a prayer or a chance, the only thing that u will get isthe "union bosses" head on a lance, then you will cower then stabb everyone in the back, save ur own azz, maybe sell some equipment with quack Quack, rise up? Yeah ok, wait till ur scared azz gets called in and everything union boss will disappear and u will run away,into the corner, picking up every detail that u can, squealing it was unions fault, then sell out to the man, the tribe is a cash cow, unions werent here in the beginning sure as hell ain't here now, tribe is too big too much to lose, once ur stupid azz realizes u will be standing with lost boi, in a noose for two,I can't get picked up anywhere else if I could, please u just named half the ppl in bc, and most of the ones in Hollywood, ill be gone before u know it, u will be here for good, that's in case don't blow it. Maybe u will get caught slipping like the patsie u r, cuz if u don't kiss azz, u will be at table six, dealing cards, start a union what a joke, u shouldn't be a cop, use that talent and do stand up at the hardrock, come everyone stick together, it will be a plus, then the chief will catch u, then u will launch everyones azz under the bus, everyone is about saving their own skin, haven't u paid attention dawg, I said all that in the beginning, I ain't got nothing intelligent to say? Least i aint believing the same crap they said here about unions a year ago yesterday. lets throw our fists together guys we won't stop, then you will back out and go get ur free cigarettes from the smoke shop. U got no guts no glory no fame, if u did u would say who u are and quit changing ur name, ur a troll like me, difference is I can play this game. Discourage me pffff ur in over ur head, admit it, ur reading this and turning beat red its true aint it sand flea, shhh, don't worry about it sneaky Pete ur secret is safe with me, We're done here cuz ur going nowhere fast, just save the 10 cent speeches and go back to kissing azz, u get caught friends you will be on ur knees with ur head bobbing due south, u ain't changing nothing and the only thing youre running is your mouth. > dueces,

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast