Court Deputy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Court Deputy

Re: Court Deputy

Well, passed the pre-screener, written, CVSA, swim test, panel interview, and turned in all my background paperwork last Thursday. My recruiter informed me the background would take 4-6 weeks and then I would be called back in for a video taped interview for the Sheriff to view along with my file. She also informed me they were hurting/anxious for Court Deputies so I don't know if that would speed up the process or not. I'm hoping once you make it this far in the process and your file makes it to the Sheriff it's just a formality and you won't get nixed unless a skeleton falls out of your closet during the background. I hope it moves quickly, I'm anxious to start!

Quote Originally Posted by coleo
    Well, passed the pre-screener, written, CVSA, swim test, panel interview, and turned in all my background paperwork last Thursday. My recruiter informed me the background would take 4-6 weeks and then I would be called back in for a video taped interview for the Sheriff to view along with my file. She also informed me they were hurting/anxious for Court Deputies so I don't know if that would speed up the process or not. I'm hoping once you make it this far in the process and your file makes it to the Sheriff it's just a formality and you won't get nixed unless a skeleton falls out of your closet during the background. I hope it moves quickly, I'm anxious to start!

Have you heard anything back? I'm also in the same stage as you. I turned in my background in the beginning of November and I haven't heard anything back yet.

I'm anxious and ready to hear something back. LOL

Haven't heard anything yet. Did a ride along in sector III a couple weeks ago though & had a blast. Hoping to hear something soon though; was told the next hiring class is in February.

Anybody hear anything yet beyond the background for the next class?

There is a class in ftep now that graduates to the field in January. Next class is feb.28 I think. The new court deputy's don't have to go on the road with an fto, they go to court and basically work with an experienced guy for a few weeks

I recently started the process for court deputy. How are you guys doing so far with the process? Hear anything recently?

Unhappy Re: Court Deputy

what is up with the new changes to the Court Security Deputy Sheriff position?
    Shorter Field Training Program

A two year commitment

After completing 2 years of service as a CSD, if the employee decides to pursue a position as a Deputy Sheriff, he/she will be required to apply as a new hire and go through the entire hiring process. The position as a CSD does not guarantee that the request for a career change will be approved.
    CSD’s shall not be authorized to work off-duty in a sworn capacity
    CSD positions do not offer any promotional opportunities
    CSD’s shall not be provided an agency vehicle but will still be required to successfully complete the OCSO’s LEVO program
    $35,027/year or $36,088 with 3 or more years experience

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12