What is the alternative?

What is the alternative?

316.2085(3)
    The license tag of a motorcycle or moped must be permanently affixed to the vehicle and remain clearly visible from the rear at all times. Any deliberate act to conceal or obscure the legibility of the license tag of a motorcycle is prohibited. The license tag of a motorcycle or moped may be affixed horizontally to the ground so that the numbers and letters read from left to right. Alternatively, a license tag for a motorcycle or moped for which the numbers and letters read from top to bottom may be affixed perpendicularly to the ground. Notwithstanding the authorization to affix the license tag of a motorcycle or moped perpendicularly to the ground, the owner or operator of a motorcycle or moped shall pay any required toll pursuant to s. 316.1001 by whatever means available.

So a plate on a motorcycle can be up and down and not horizontal? The statute reads "may" not "shall" .

Re: What is the alternative?

The way I read it the plate can be up and down reading top to bottom. Any thoughts?

I think this is a good question.

Same thing goes with Electric Carts (Golf Carts). I've seen the tags displayed in several manners but it basically goes unquestioned as long as the tag is legit...

Give it some time, the FSS will address it once there are complaints...

The only thing you should be concerned with are the ones who bend the tag up under the fenders so they can't be read. The rest you need to leave alone.

The horizontal tag law was repelled in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Ironically, I believe it was repealed in 2009 as well!

Ironically, I believe it was repealed in 2009 as well!
    Yea yea yea, autocorrect sucks. I meant repealed.