Does An Officer's Race Matter? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Does An Officer's Race Matter?

Just my observation here, but it seems that the attempt to bring equality in employment practices for all races and specifically for minorities, has resulted in an over-emphasis on minorities, creating a direct advantage for them over the general populous. So instead of achieving equality in employment between races, we have actually shifted in the opposite direction where minorities are given the greater advantage over others, despite other non-race factors that should realistically be considered. Its one extreme to the other.

Retrievinng a lost post after the battery died

It sounds like the minority in that city is white, if 53% are people of color.

Exclamation Re: Does An Officer's Race Matter?

Quote Originally Posted by handsome guest
    Here at the Sarasota Sheriff's Office, we have never had:
    - a black man
    - a Hispanic
    - a woman
    - or a homosexual
    in the rank of captain, major, colonel or sheriff.

The staff of the Sarasota Sheriff's Office is proudly all-white -- without any shame about it -- and has always been all-white, ever since Sarasota County was created.
    You go girl! :devil:

You don't think there's never been a homosexual? LOLOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    While race shouldn't matter at our agency, The Broward Sheriff's Office, our Sheriff has publicly stated that he would make the agency and command staff look more reflective of the community demographics.... Sad.
    - a black man
    - a Hispanic
    - a woman
    - or a homosexual

The staff of the Sarasota Sheriff's Office is proudly all-white -- without any shame about it -- and has always been all-white, ever since Sarasota County was created.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    While race shouldn't matter at our agency, The Broward Sheriff's Office, our Sheriff has publicly stated that he would make the agency and command staff look more reflective of the community demographics.... Sad.
    - a black man
    - a Hispanic
    - a woman
    - or a homosexual

Here at the Seminole Police Depart just like this there is no racially bias whatsoever, as long ass your an ass kisser and a screw upyou will get promoted, we had a guy get a DUI, promoted, another guy DUI and gazed, promoted, a woman who is a total screw up who thinks people who comitt crimes should get hugs, promoted, a guy who discharged his ar twice in the station, transferred at lt over training, a guy who hasn't made a drug arrest in years, promoted to narcotics sergeant. A guy who was cleaning his gun shoot himself in the hand, promoted that's just a few, wait come to think of it they are all white, but this a considene but they are all screw ups

At mdpd its all that matters for promotion and assignments

I am more concerned with the ass kissers that get promoted.!!!!!!!

I am not a law officer. After reading your pages here I find police in need of professional help. You boys and girls need serious help. And to think you have loaded guns and other violent weapons. I feel I need protection from some of you. Please get the medication and help you need.

Talking Re: Does An Officer's Race Matter?

- a black man
    - a Hispanic
    - a woman

Interesting article from Sarasota County:

Quote Originally Posted by ABC News
    SARASOTA COUNTY -- An Englewood man found his home filled with swastikas and damage.

"I said are you kidding me? Swastikas in this time and age? It's ridiculous," homeowner Bob O'Toole said.

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2 ... kc44BCoMR8

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast