Does An Officer's Race Matter? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Does An Officer's Race Matter?

*Edited out by Mod 610 TOU Violations*

Quote Originally Posted by TomTroll
    *Edited out by Mod 610 TOU Violations*
    This department sucks. They can keep their ******* indian money, they live on the rez because they cant make it anywhere else, good for nothin phuckin swamp rats

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasota County
    Here at the Sarasota Sheriff's Office, we have never had:
    - a black man
    - a Hispanic
    - a woman
    in the rank of captain, major, colonel or sheriff.

The staff of the Sarasota Sheriff's Office is proudly all-white -- without any shame about it -- and has always been all-white, ever since Sarasota County was created.
    The promotional mess at the Sarasota Sheriff's Office actually goes much deeper then that. Here is a newspaper blog about gross promotional mismanagement:

http://forum.heraldtribune.com/viewtopi ... 10&t=19684

You could not be farther from the truth. The problem is lack of qualified people.

Good cop, black cop. Period

Quote Originally Posted by TomTroll
    Good cop, black cop. Period
    So you are saying there is a difference between a good cop and a black cop?

Yes. I'm a State Trooper and I've run into black cops before

On 11/15/2011 former fire chief Joe Harris showed up unannounced at the Plantation Police Department rambling his fat mouth over a case I never plead guilty to. If they hate you, they HATE you. I'm a white guy, but all my foes that day were white too. Detective Murray, Joe Harris, etc., etc. I've never been fired or discriminated by anyone black. I truly believe that if my fire captain at station one in Plantation Florida was black I'd probably still be a volunteer firefighter. But, Randy Pettitt had a personal problem with me and ran to all his white buddies on the Plantation Police Department to try to get me kicked out for good. I'm so glad that 70% of white females date black men. Hopefully interracial breeding will end all the discrimination we face in this country today.
    I even wrote a book about all the crap I went through at that place. I only wanted to get vested for a pension and a white man took that away. And the Plantation Police protected him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa Guy
    Here at the Tampa Police Department our promotion policy is first and foremost a racially and genderly biased system. With RARE exception every single eligible minority is promoted at every possible opportunity. We have had minorities demoted and then promoted right back a year later. We had a Lt once who was on a 30 day suspension when they selected him to be Captain. While a sitting Captain, he was suspended 3 times.

The only recourse the W/Ms had was to negotiate a police where we control who they can promote of the lists. For example.....to make Sergeant you have to be in the top 20% of the list and they can add two names for each additional opening. What the staff has done to defeat this is hold promotions. They dont promote until they can get further and further down the list to promote minorities. A few years ago the top of the Sergeants list was all W/Ms....I think like the top 17 people. Twenty percent was like 8 people....so they held promotions for a year til they could get to an incompetent B/F.
    That's funny you said that….reminds me of when I applied for the scholarship program to be sponsored in the academy. This was probably over 10 years ago, but a guy named Hicks was my recruiter. The application process took almost a year to complete, and when finally done with everything I received a phone call advising that I hadn't been selected. When I inquired as to why, I was told Tampa PD was more looking for "inner city minority youth" to sponsor in the academy.

Officer's race shouldn't matter, but society has made it matter. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by nonowhitey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa Guy
    Here at the Tampa Police Department our promotion policy is first and foremost a racially and genderly biased system. With RARE exception every single eligible minority is promoted at every possible opportunity. We have had minorities demoted and then promoted right back a year later. We had a Lt once who was on a 30 day suspension when they selected him to be Captain. While a sitting Captain, he was suspended 3 times.

The only recourse the W/Ms had was to negotiate a police where we control who they can promote of the lists. For example.....to make Sergeant you have to be in the top 20% of the list and they can add two names for each additional opening. What the staff has done to defeat this is hold promotions. They dont promote until they can get further and further down the list to promote minorities. A few years ago the top of the Sergeants list was all W/Ms....I think like the top 17 people. Twenty percent was like 8 people....so they held promotions for a year til they could get to an incompetent B/F.
    That's funny you said that….reminds me of when I applied for the scholarship program to be sponsored in the academy. This was probably over 10 years ago, but a guy named Hicks was my recruiter. The application process took almost a year to complete, and when finally done with everything I received a phone call advising that I hadn't been selected. When I inquired as to why, I was told Tampa PD was more looking for "inner city minority youth" to sponsor in the academy.

Officer's race shouldn't matter, but society has made it matter. What a shame.

What do dat mean? You be sayin' the Tampa PD be racist? Sshheeeeeeeeet I coulda' told you dat. The man rolled on me and some of my peeps and wanted to know what I had in my hand. I say, "it's a Shlitz 40 mother****a". He say, "Sir, please refrain from speaking to me in that manor." So I say, "alright den, it's 40 ounces of whoop-ass I'm fiddin' to put on yo cracka ass." Then it be on! If I'da been white, dis woulda neva happened.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast