Mandatory Carry
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandatory Carry

Mandatory Carry

Heard today that within 2 years all will be required to carry 9's. The training fund will be used for the purchase. Also heard that in office carry is being revisited. I guess in several other states GA, CA, NY, NC they do not conceal at all.

(If this is true, the Social Workers may have a heart attack) :lol:

Re: Mandatory Carry

This would be the result with the wannabees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJf1Ku_F74Q

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Heard today that within 2 years all will be required to carry 9's. The training fund will be used for the purchase. Also heard that in office carry is being revisited. I guess in several other states GA, CA, NY, NC they do not conceal at all.

(If this is true, the Social Workers may have a heart attack) :lol:
    The new firearm lesson plan doesn't even mention the word "revolver" in it. It's all semi-auto. That lesson plan says it is to be used for all firearm training, basic to re-qualification.

Sounds like wishful thinking...maybe, just maybe they make it mandatory for new hires, but there's no way they could get some of these slugs to agree, let alone qualify to/for carrying. I've also heard about office carry, but last word was concealed only. Who knows if that will pass. If you don't mind us asking, where did you hear this info?

It will never be mandatory. We will get a fleet of new nice P&P vehicles before that would ever happen.

Heard the same from a person I know in Tallahassee. Their is a bunch of stuff going on as a result of the Pasco Sheriff. This is no BS. They are also talking about purchasing tazers. The source is very reliable.

Also heard we will start carrying 12 gauge shotguns in state cars. This came from a VERY reliable source in central office. The Remington shotguns have already been ordered.

Tasers? I will believe that when I see it. First, a lot of P&P staff have never even been exposed to OC spray let alone being shot with a Taser. Many never went to an academy. A lot of P&P staff would resign if they were forced to get tased. Ive been exposed to the hand held ERD and shield but getting hit with two darts in the back, is a whole other story. It's a very different experience. I've never been tased. Also, Tasers aren't cheap. I'd rather have the money in my pocket as a bonus instead of another weapon to carry. I would vote no if given the chance. I carry a firearm and OC but just don't think they are necessary. I can't believe Im agreeing with the social workers but it's for a different reason.

Revolvers out? GOOD! I hope this is true. It's about freakin time. Let the day of the revolver sunset and start the transition to 9mm for new hires as MANDATORY. They also need to get them out of the institution too.

Remington shotguns for P&P? That's even more unlikely than Tasers. Why would we need a scatter gun? When would they be carried?

I think a serious discussion about in office open carry has been highjacked. P&P needs bodies who can supervise cases. We need more money so we can feel secure in our homes and lives. We need more officer's to carry and use the protection bought and paid for by the Dept. We need less complacency.

This is all BS! Central Office couldn't find their asses with both hands. The only thing these jabroni's can do is make more forms. Three page WMR's, revised travel logs, IT60's, I mean IT30's, I mean IT45's :snicker: , unnecessary verbiage on a VOP form (3 pages rather than one), victim letters to victim's families because the victim died, etc.. Nothing will change as far as firearms. It won't happen!

This is all BS! Central Office couldn't find their asses with both hands. The only thing these jabroni's can do is make more forms. Three page WMR's, revised travel logs, IT60's, I mean IT30's, I mean IT45's :snicker: , unnecessary verbiage on a VOP form (3 pages rather than one), victim letters to victim's families because the victim died, etc.. Nothing will change as far as firearms. It won't happen!
    DITTO

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast