Question about DUI Inv. (What If?) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Question about DUI Inv. (What If?)

Try to dial in your position at a little closer range, date, time, location, cross roads, street name.Not to be some kind of a funny man but sounds a little odd just gonna throw out a little theory. Free speech btw.
    Just a little curious to view this location at road lvl gotta love goggle chrome street view.
    Just gonna throw out a theory don't bash it but if your trying to bite off more then you can chew your gonna need a bigger mouth and a better friend.
    Ok Principle of a school for TROUBLED KIDS.+Kid fishing at )0100am Who the hell fishes on the side of the bay at this time?. Only one kid? Was it residential area (love to see area) cause if it was sure there would be more then one underage minor at the scene.
    One car crash dam it why couldn't some rubbernecker stopped to chat with 7 cops and 1 Fhp trooper. Sure the parents of this kid would of been happy to chat (You don't get to see a crash everyday). Sure by the time police arrived this kid was soaked but um nobody asked this kid hey who dropped you off, did you walk here? Did your parents friends or someone drop you off?. (FHP) <<<They only do uniform traffic citations investigations or theory of relativity ideas don't happen much for them.
    Just a theory but don't think asking questions about someone being drunk and crashing thru a bridge is something you should be asking.Are you sure this kid was just on vacation and just fishing?.

Who is this "Lone Ranger" kook? Why does he keep embarrassing himself by posting on here?

He can't be a Law Enforcement Officer and not be able to spell. He writes like a second grader in Elementary School.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely R
    Who is this "Lone Ranger" kook? Why does he keep embarrassing himself by posting on here?

He can't be a Law Enforcement Officer and not be able to spell. He writes like a second grader in Elementary School.
    This is what happens when you throw a rock into the hen house you tend to hit a rooster.

Just by reading the reply's to some of these question's this lady is asking make's me want to write with a blue crayon on the wall. This isn't college curriculum type format where we are all graded at the end of a semester. Ok lonely road scholar. This lady's concern about events happening in her area are nothing new to most people. It's just that most people really don't care anymore about the common citizen.
    As I hope you can read from the above reply's from others who might be law what do you call m these days. Just says alot about the future mentality of what law enforcement is going to be. No more people are going to respect law enforcement let alone trust them.
    This lady could one day see something bad happen on the street one day. But instead of walking up to a police officer and saying hey I saw everything what do I have to do or form to fill out.
    Now there is going to be the whole police officer's are jerks A hole's and what ever.
    That's just by the response's she's getting. Embarrassing Hell The top LT brass Monkeys admitted that a box wasn't checked hence NO investigation in the first place Dam it THEY FORGOT something NO WAY REALLY.
    And please don't play that Who is he BS. jurisdkional boundary crap.

WTF??????............Somebody translate this garbage.

Nevermind, this kook isn't worth it.

Re: Troopers writing cops tickets

Postby Pro courtesy ! » 08/24/13 00:30:18
    I have stopped 4 or 5 cops ( one FHP while assigned in Miami/Dade county abot 8 years ago) and took care of them all ( taxis or allowed them to call a friend,one I took home) even with a DUI I would not arrest them,as I am a firm believer in professional courtesy. I know some might disagree and try to be politically correct, but then I'm old school,and didn't vote for O' Bummer, so I think different. Never write a fellow cop, always assist, and give them a break ! FHP 26 years and a Sgt !

Pro courtesy !

As for what the original lady's Question was is someone covering up. The above thread is not mine just a reference to what reply she should see :cop:

Jesus, you cant say Diamond David Lee Roth and not get your post whacked? That is the lead singer for VanHalen you moronic mod. How is that a violation of the terms of use?

Whoops wrong thread. I didn't realize that diamond dave the idiot had two threads on the same thing going. My apologies to the mod.

There was always a reason this was titled with "what if" in the topic.

Based on some new information, the what if is no longer applicapable. It's more like, It Happened.

Looking at the posts on this site, its no wonder FHP is seeking new hires as there are issues State Wide.

This incident took place in Walton County, Florida, on May 27th 2013.

It involved a Principal of a local High School.

Most recently, a trooper, asked by a citizen, confirmed that the rookie trooper that worked this case was disciplined for his / her lack of action.

It was also stated that FHP is looking into the case more closely as there may be concerns about "political influence" being used in this investigation.

I don't know the real story, only the rumor and allegations. But those alone are enough to ask questions as DUI is a serious issue, just ask MADD.

If the FHP is going to be called out to work crashes in Walton County, they need to do a thorough job (which they have in the past). Unfortunately, two major incidents have occurred in the past 12 months which call attention to this. One is this incident and the other involved a man named Peck Cawthon (sp?).

Both men have influence with local officals and neither were ever charged with DUI after what I'd call significant crashes (single vehicle).

Locals know all about each incident, but I refer to the movie "Hot Fuzz" where it's ultimately revealed the the whole community knows about Evil and fears repercussions for reporting it. Yes, its a silly reference, but true.

With FHP loosing its Crestview Substation, it puts troopers in a bad spot with extended response times, etc.

I never accused FHP of any intentional failure, but one rookie trooper should not be working a crash where a truck crosses the lane of traffic, flips off a bridge, falls 60 feet and has an intrapment. Just my opinion...

Budget cuts have forced LEO's to do the best they can with very little support.

Both FHP and FDLE are taking a beating in the media.

Politics plays a great deal in this as you can simply look at Tallahassee for answers...don't expect to get any.

As always, I welcome your opinions, but want to make it crystal clear that I have in no way accussed FHP of any corruption. I'll leave that up to other posters and the media that reports the arrests and investigations. :|

Do you mean like this:

NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. - The State Attorney has charged Port Richey City Manager Tom O’Neill with misdemeanor driving under the influence.

As the I-Team has reported, O’Neill was found in a red SUV parked in the middle of a residential road on July 13, 2013. The SUV was idling in neutral

Court documents obtained by ABC Action News show O’Neill had a .367 blood alcohol content level, four times the legal limit. That level was obtained from a blood draw after O’Neill was taken to a nearby hospital hours later.

When the New Port Richey police officer arrived on the scene, he recognized the man behind the wheel as O'Neill, and that he appeared to be sleeping. Reports say the vehicle was running and in neutral.

According to the police report, O'Neill showed "signs of impairment." It states he had watery, bloodshot eyes, dazed expression and slurred speech. The responding officer also noted "the smell of alcohol."

The ABC Action News I-Team obtained the police mounted dash cam video from that night. It shows officers asking O'Neill if he knows where he is and the reports note the odor of alcohol. O'Neill stared straight ahead when the officer tried doing a field sobriety test.

But instead of investigating O'Neill for a DUI, paramedics who responded told the officer they were going to transport him to nearby Palm Bay Hospital for a medical evaluation, and that he could have had a stroke or some other medical problem. The New Port Richey Police Department closed the case.

After the I-Team started asking questions, the then interim New Port Richey Police Chief Kim Bogart told us his agency was going to thoroughly review the case and the actions of the officer. Chief Bogart credits the I-Team with bringing to his attention that the dash mounted video even existed. He then contacted the state attorney's office to investigate three weeks after the incident.

The state attorney subpoenaed the hospital for O'Neill's medical records. It showed his BAC registered at four times the legal limit more than two hours after he was found passed out behind the wheel.

O'Neill will not be arrested, because it's a misdemeanor charge. He is expected to appear at an arraignment hearing Sept. 12, where he can enter a plea.

The I-Team reached out to O'Neill for comment today. He told I-Team reporter Jackie Callaway that he had no comment, except to say that he plans to continue his role as city manager and plans to focus on city business, for now.

Records show O'Neill's home was just a few blocks away and a Port Richey Police officer drove his car home for him.
    http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...-shows-367-bac

Yup, just like this but with an added twist of extra...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast