Hi everyone,
I'm new on here. Just finished my application for Hollywood PD and I'm stoked, however I have a couple of friends in BSO, 1 who got picked up with FLPD that have advised me to proceed with caution. I'm not going to limit myself, and will be applying to all PDs that will allow me to partake. I have a preference for Hollywood but I am a bit skeptical because friends (BSO officers) and residents from Hollywood have advised me of financial troubles they're having (not sure if they're past or still experiencing them).
I'm looking for insight anyone may have regarding as to how secure a LEO position with Hollywood is, how good are the benefits and is it a solid organization?
I read the benefits page and sounds good, but the stories others have shared (as of last year a near graduating/new hire class was laid off)
Basically I'm looking for the same things others are.
Security, great benefits/pay, room for growth and advancement and opportunities to growth in special fields (narcotics, swat, sniper program, k-9 etc). Basically I want to make the best informed decision if offered a position, I wouldn't want to get offered a job take it then find myself laid off.
Thanks for the replies and advice in advance.