Support the Whitt family

Support the Whitt family

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/ ... itt-family

Please visit the website and drop Dave and his family a note.

The above was posted on the Collier County SO Board. I have copied the thread and am adding some information to it, and making it a Global Announcement.

Dave Whitt is a Collier Sheriff's Deputy. He moved here after having experience in law enforcement up north. He was struck suddenly with Multiple Sclerosis.

While he has insurance, it comes no where covering costs. Plus his decrease in income has left him and his family in need. So, if you can help, please click on the link above to help out. No amount is too small or too large.

Thanks,

Mod 1

Re: Support the Whitt family

There's never a shortage of good causes to donate to. Sometimes it's a child or spouse of an agency member or the family of another agency dealing with tragedy. This case is different. For one thing, the person in need is our agency member and the primary bread winner for his family (I assume). Secondly, although we have medical insurance to help pay a percentage of our bills when we are sick, there is always a bill coming in the mail for the balance. I can't even guess the amount of bills that are piling up for Dave for this, on top of the normal stuff like rent, car payments and all the normal monthly bills we all have. I decided before I was even finished reading his story that I was going to donate and even though I pretty much live paycheck to paycheck, my donation represents maybe a car payment or half a rent payment. I'll sign up for some overtime to pay that bill when it gets here, Dave can't. No one wants to ask for help, but if he is asking now, he probably really could have used financial help way before now.
    We can all choose to help him or not and that is a personal decision. But how can CCSO as a whole help him or provide the means for more of us to help him? Here's what I came up with:
    Recently there was a PDO buyback (for the 300 hour PDO people) and prior to that there was a nice one time 'bonus'. I personally appreciate these when they are offered and certainly don't expect another one soon, but.....
    The donation period on the website referenced on the above link ends just after Halloween. I am no fiscal/budget genius, but if...if, there appears to be a budget surplus in the next few months and another pdo buy back or similar bonus is offered before Halloween, I will donate at least half of mine to this great cause.
    If 15 or 30 people step up and do the same, his goal will be reached. And you will feel better too.
    I have no 'Command Staff' connections, but I hope somehow this idea works it's way up so it can be at least considered.
    (Mod, please delete any future comments that turn the focus of this thread negative).

It is nice to see concern for one of our own. I know Dave, he is a good guy. Hope he get's lots of ccso support.

A Facebook page has been created for the Whitt family at;
    https://www.facebook.com/supportthewhittfamily?ref=hl
    Please like this page to show your support.
    Thanks,
    Friends and co-workers of Cpl. Whitt

I can do nothing for this but I informed this to my friend.