Quote Originally Posted by ;1886628
It is completely unethical for the state to force high-risk law enforcement employees into mandatory participation of taking yearbook photos with an outside for-hire photographer to be published in a publicly available yearbook, which will be sold for a commercial profit.

FHP is forcing us to use our personal image so that someone else can make money off of it! Its a picture of YOU, and YOU should have some control over how or whether it is used. It's just wrong. It is a nice service to offer if you want it, but if you are not interested in but photos or being in the yearbook, the state should not be able to force you just because it benefits the state or the publisher (or photographer).

I don't know about anywhere else in the state, but in my district we were not given any option to opt out or not participate.

Not everyone wants their picture plastered in a permanent yearbook. That's something you cannot take back. Maybe years after you arrest a mega drug dealer, human trafficker (lol), or any other criminal that holds a grudge - your photo is still lingering forever in this yearbook for someone to lookup. It's not even digital so that it could be erased! I hate that they made me take part in it.

You would have thought after previous negligence of protecting citizens personal information and selling it, and the following litigation, not to mention the negative publicity - this agency would have learned something about trying to protect personal information and photographs.
I hear the yearbooks are starting to come in.
Joy..