Gulfport PD Chief

Gulfport PD Chief

According to a news outlet, Chief Vincent has again shot off his mouth regarding a recent school bus driver not breaking up a fight on the bus. With three teens beating the tar out of a single 13 year old, the bus driver did the right thing. He called for help. The chief should be ashamed of his comments accusing the driver of not doing more. This chief needs to head for the pastures where he can graze and not harm anyone in the city.

Re: Gulfport PD Chief

Mr. Guest,

Sorry bro, but I think you saw the Channel 8 trimmed version of what the Chief actually said. The Chief specifically said, he was not blaming the bus driver for not intervening. The issue was with what happened after the fight stopped, and the offenders left the bus. The concerns were that it did not appear the bus driver offered or checked on the injured student. And, did that action possibly constituted child neglect. This is why the case was brought before the state attorney. If you ask Gulfport PD for the bus video, it's now and public record and you can see for yourself. You can also get on channel 8 and find the entire video clip of the Chief's interview, which clearly states it was not the lack of intervention on behalf of the driver, but the apparent lack of concern for the welfare of the child after the offenders left the bus. I can see why you may feel this way, because channel 8 used a snipit of what the chief actually said. Typical of media.

Quote Originally Posted by Geez
    Mr. Guest,

Sorry bro, but I think you saw the Channel 8 trimmed version of what the Chief actually said. The Chief specifically said, he was not blaming the bus driver for not intervening. The issue was with what happened after the fight stopped, and the offenders left the bus. The concerns were that it did not appear the bus driver offered or checked on the injured student. And, did that action possibly constituted child neglect. This is why the case was brought before the state attorney. If you ask Gulfport PD for the bus video, it's now and public record and you can see for yourself. You can also get on channel 8 and find the entire video clip of the Chief's interview, which clearly states it was not the lack of intervention on behalf of the driver, but the apparent lack of concern for the welfare of the child after the offenders left the bus. I can see why you may feel this way, because channel 8 used a snipit of what the chief actually said. Typical of media.
    Geez,
    Thanks for the clarifications. I've not seen the whole tape of the interview, but I'll accept your version on face value. I guess I should have know better than to accept at face value any media report, especially from the liberal channel 8. :cop:

My apologies to all. If your clarification is accurate, then I'm embarrassed by my original comment. ops:

No worries bro. I think a lot of people may have seen the coverage and made that connection.

Your chief still should have kept his mouth shut when asked if race was a motive. A more accurate answer would have been he did not now. When was the last time a African American 6th grader was given a beat down by THREE older white kids (much older in this case) a beat down??

That's what I thought.
    PIO 101. Only speak what you know chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Your chief still should have kept his mouth shut when asked if race was a motive. A more accurate answer would have been he did not now. When was the last time a African American 6th grader was given a beat down by THREE older white kids (much older in this case) a beat down??

That's what I thought.

Ummm...NO. The motive was clear. The victim got beat for snitching about a possible drug sale. That was the motive. Therefore, the chief commented accurately. Maybe you should only comment when you actually know something. Seems in this case, you clearly don't

Quote Originally Posted by Really
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest

That's what I thought.

Ummm...NO. The motive was clear. The victim got beat for snitching about a possible drug sale. That was the motive. Therefore, the chief commented accurately. Maybe you should only comment when you actually know something. Seems in this case, you clearly don't
    Still, had the races been reversed, we all know that JJ, AS, and that cabal of racist freaks would have been in GP by high noon the next day spewing their wretched racism without any facts.