Pizzi Arrested by FBI - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Pizzi Arrested by FBI

It is clear after reading the complaint that the current town council members and mayor continually violated the sunshine law. Pizzi claimed to control the votes and was able to pass bogus resolutions without questions or proper review. I can only imagine when they begin to look at campaign accounts and contributors, the improper use of forfeiture funds the contract bids and cost of the new building. I'm sure they will find that the company who bought the police station property contributed and bundled monies for recent campaign accounts . This is only the tip of the iceberg.

Quote Originally Posted by sun down
    It is clear after reading the complaint that the current town council members and mayor continually violated the sunshine law. Pizzi claimed to control the votes and was able to pass bogus resolutions without questions or proper review. I can only imagine when they begin to look at campaign accounts and contributors, the improper use of forfeiture funds the contract bids and cost of the new building. I'm sure they will find that the company who bought the police station property contributed and bundled monies for recent campaign accounts . This is only the tip of the iceberg.
    Don't forget the shady waste management deal LOL

Quote Originally Posted by goingdown
    More arrest to come. Martell is next along with Lowell Dunn Jr.
    When you mess with good peoples lives and welfare Karma comes knocking on your door sooner or later!

From your mouth (or PC in this case) to God's ears.
    Lowell Dunn Jr is a scumbag just like his father was.

Lowell Dunn pollutes the air we breath in Medley, Doral, Hialeah Gardens, Hialeah and Miami Springs shooting up all that dust from his cement factory.

My father lives at Medley Lakeside and a lot of old people have died from cancer due to that dust. My dad himself is sick and I'm moving him out of there.

But no one unveils this phenomena because the Dunns are millionaires with a lot of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    From your mouth (or PC in this case) to God's ears.
    Lowell Dunn Jr is a scumbag just like his father was.

Lowell Dunn pollutes the air we breath in Medley, Doral, Hialeah Gardens, Hialeah and Miami Springs shooting up all that dust from his cement factory.

My father lives at Medley Lakeside and a lot of old people have died from cancer due to that dust. My dad himself is sick and I'm moving him out of there.

But no one unveils this phenomena because the Dunns are millionaires with a lot of power.

The factories and the landfill were they before your father or anybody else decided to move to lakeside. People get cancer every day, every where. But if you are so sure that the reason your father is getting sick is because of the location of the trailer park. Suit the Town, suit the Dunns, and move your father out of there as soon as possible :shock:

I'm not guilty ,I am innocent , I'm not guilty, I am innocent :lol:

Did everyone see who his attorney is? His fav attorney with a bow tie. Again the Town Council was misadvised by their legal advisor. The lives that the Medley Town Council has ruined because of bad advise. Don't allow it to continue get educated and realize the power you all hold.

Federal prosecutors have charged Michael Pizzi, the suspended Miami Lakes mayor, with two new offenses stemming from his role in an alleged government grant scheme.

Pizzi, 51, will be arraigned Thursday on the charges of accepting bribes while Miami Lakes received more than $10,000 in federal funds for local programs over the past year.

But the new charges are based on the same alleged extortion activity from Pizzi’s earlier indictment. The only difference is that prosecutors have used the same evidence to charge him under a different bribery law. He has not been accused of taking any new bribes.

Pizzi has waived his right to appear at the arraignment in Miami federal court, where his defense lawyers, Ed Shohat and Ben Kuehne, pleaded not guilty to the two new charges.

In October, Pizzi pleaded not guilty to an initial five-count indictment charging him with seeking kickbacks in exchange for sponsoring sham federal grant applications that prosecutors say were meant to enrich him. His trial is set for early May.

According to the initial indictment, Pizzi collected three payments totaling $6,000 in cash and received $750 in checks for his 2012 reelection campaign in exchange for championing resolutions that paved the way for federal grant applications in Miami Lakes and Medley. Pizzi also worked as Medley's town attorney.

If he is convicted, each of those five counts carries up to 20 years in prison. Each of the two new counts carries up to 10 years in prison.

In August, Pizzi was arrested and charged along with Miami-Dade lobbyist Richard Candia. Candia also was accused of the same offense with Sweetwater Mayor Manny Maroño and lobbyist Jorge Forte, who pleaded guilty in November.

All were accused of participating in a “bogus” grant scheme designed to line their pockets with thousands of dollars while their towns would get nothing. The sting operation was orchestrated by the FBI's anti-corruption agents, who posed as Chicago businessmen claiming they would obtain the grant money for an economic development study and share the proceeds with the two mayors and two lobbyists.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/12/11/3 ... rylink=cpy

Incredibly guilty.

I cant wait until he begins giving people up. I'm sure he has plenty of details on the campaign padding he conducted on Martell's behalf along with the company who bougth the old town hall / police station. Oh and I failed to mention padding from a Hialeah businessman who owns a junk yard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast