Employment at CCSO - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Unregistered
    Good for you. When did you interview?

Unregistered
    Interviewed earlier this year. Completed all testing and am just waiting now. I don't think it's a matter if they like you or not. I think if you passed the interview with anyone it's good. Maybe they got an influx of apps recently and they just started that compared to when I went they didn't. Who knows, only thing you can do is go through it and in the end it's either a yes or no anyways.

Unregistered
    Well congrats to you. I apparently didn't score high enough to get a job offer, that's why I'm put on a list. I think they didn't like the fact that I've worked in 4 departments in 20 years. It scares them that I would leave the agency. I understand this. I am 41 years old so it's not that I can afford changing departments anymore. Oh well. We'll see what happens next. Enjoy and be safe.

Unregistered
    That's crazy that they are making you wait? Why not start already. Or do you have to go to the academy?

Unregistered
    I was going to apply, but looked the price of housing in collier county. Housing is expensive, so what area of the county do you live in or that is affordable and decent?

Unregistered
    No I am sure it's because you are in your 40's. I have applied to many places and I am in my 40's and get the thanks but no job letter also. I have 23 years of service in law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well congrats to you. I apparently didn't score high enough to get a job offer, that's why I'm put on a list. I think they didn't like the fact that I've worked in 4 departments in 20 years. It scares them that I would leave the agency. I understand this. I am 41 years old so it's not that I can afford changing departments anymore. Oh well. We'll see what happens next. Enjoy and be safe.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was going to apply, but looked the price of housing in collier county. Housing is expensive, so what area of the county do you live in or that is affordable and decent?
    Same here, I am considering the Detention Trainee road with Collier County but the price of housing is scary, looks more affordable toward Immokalee but the area looks more law class. I think Bonita Springs just North of the county might be the way to go.

By the way, does anyone here knows when Deputies (road and detention) rotate night/day shifts? Is it every cycle, every month or couple of months?

Guacho
    is anybody here applying ? any info if current openings?? I will drop my application this Monday at HR, the website has a few positions available , Im going for CO and CSD..

Yes, I still work here. Great place to work. I think I will end up being a lifer. Going 3 years now and still doing well.

Anyway, those of you wondering about the shifts.....Corrections and Road Patrol are the same shifts. 12 hours. If you're on Naples night shift you work 1800-0617 hours. If you work Immokalee nigh shift you work 1700-0517. In two weeks (pay period) you will have 86 hours for a normal pay check.

These hours will of course will change if you go to a specialty unit.

For those of you still wondering about hiring, yes they are still hiring. And yes it still takes a while to get through the process.

For those of you wondering about living arrangements....yes Collier County is very expensive. And Immokalee is more of a lower class area and probably not the friendliest environment for Law Enforcement. I, along with many others, live one county over in Lee. There are many good areas in Lee county that are very affordable. The drive to work isn't too bad either as long as you stay out of the Cape Coral area. Recently, the Sheriff changed our policy and if you live in one of the surrounding counties you are allowed to take you patrol vehicle home (Road Patrol not Corrections). Us corrections guys still just have to tough it out.

Unregistered
    THIS PLACE IS CORRUPT AS HELL.
    heres one of casey wingos videos,beat a old man in diabetic shock 4667 views so far, https://youtu.be/a9xWG8W6i90
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
    05-05-2017, 09:37 PM #5
    Unregistered
    kasey wingo lieing about being assaulted caught on robert harris dash cam,12775 views https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocfMAhoMyc
    05-06-2017, 01:47 AM #6
    Unregistered
    Sheriff is corrupt as hell
    Wingo gets away with this shit, but I get fired for supposedly being untruthful on a statement to prb for a case I was on and the way the took my statement because they did want me anymore and my Sgt T.E. wanted to **** me. But he lyes on a report and gets it on film and still has a job go figure corupted that is all I have to say
    05-06-2017, 11:23 AM #7
    Unregistered
    charlottecountyflcopwatch2@gmail.com WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO HELP EXPOSE THE CORRUPTION AT COLLIER COUNTY SHERIFF,GIVE YOURE STORYS VIDEO DOCUMENTS I WILL POST IT 55 MILION VIEWS ON UTUBE CHANEL,48 THOUSAND SUBCRIBERS,OVER 2 MILION VIEWS A MTH.. https://www.youtube.com/user/LIVEFREEORDIEPEOPLE

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast