Employment at CCSO - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Unregistered

Follow up on your own for peace of mind

Quote Originally Posted by John McClame View Post
    I have experience (5 years), applied in December 2013. Passed Oral Board and FBAT in February 2014. Passed Polygraph/Medical/Psych June 2014. Passed FL EOT August 2014. Passed SOCE September 2014. Notified September 2014 that I was not selected, and I was not given a reason as to why.
    Application records are public. You should request to review your file. It will contain all the "behind the scenes" info and likely state the reason why. I've seen everything in those files, from "drug conviction" to "lying" to "too many applications to other departments". quite often it's more than one thing, as we're not supposed to fail you for just "one" thing (short of felonies etc). Whatever you learn could help next year. I've seen people apply 3 or 4 times before they get hired!

Unregistered
    Anyone going through the process?

Unregistered
    I applied about a month ago, haven't heard anything yet.

Unregistered
    Has anyone received a conditional yet? If so, does that mean it looks pretty good that you're getting hired?

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Can anyone explain how shift scheduling works? I've talked to HR and was told it's 12 hour shifts, 3 on/ 3 off/ 2 on/ 2 off plus an "other shift" that he wasn't sure about to give you an average of 43 hours a week. How does that "other" shift work?

Hello everyone! I had my interview on 5/18/16 for road deputy. I was told I'm placed on a list, and will be contacted when they get to my name to schedule testing. Anyone know how long this takes? About me - 18 year road experience from Atlanta, GA. Passed SOCE exam.

Unregistered
    Why would an 18 yr veteran leave that close to retirement and start over in a 30 year system?

As to the question, I didn't even get a list. I was told to call and begin the other stages of testing.

Took an early retirement. Not all 18 years have been with one department. I always wanted to live in SWFL. Now that my son is 20 and on his own, I'm able to pursue my dream.

I was told that if you pass the interview, (which I did) you are put on a list. This list changes as candidates with higher scores go to the top of the list. From the list, they call you and set tests dates. You don't just call HR to set up your own test dates. They want to hire the best and not spend unnecessary money testing everyone. This is why the list was made. I was just wondering if anyone knows how fast this list moves.
    Last edited by Ezio350; 05-24-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio350 View Post
    Took an early retirement. Not all 18 years have been with one department. I always wanted to live in SWFL. Now that my son is 20 and on his own, I'm able to pursue my dream.

I was told that if you pass the interview, (which I did) you are put on a list. This list changes as candidates with higher scores go to the top of the list. From the list, they call you and set tests dates. You don't just call HR to set up your own test dates. They want to hire the best and not spend unnecessary money testing everyone. This is why the list was made. I was just wondering if anyone knows how fast this list moves.
    Nice. Well I can't speak for anyone else but I have no idea on the list. I took the interview and was called a week or two later and given the conditional and told of further testing to complete. They never once told me about a position list and or rankings.

Unregistered
    Well dang, maybe they didn't like me. LOL. When did you have the interview? Have you done the other testing?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast