Internal Investigations

Internal Investigations

Please, I need some advise ASAP! A good friend of mine and a great cop was sent home yesterday on admin leave. They took her gun and keys to the department and told her to go home without any other information. They advised her she would be called for an interview. They also advised she was to be at her home from 8am to 5pm monday to fridays since she was getting paid. She was also told not to leave her home during those hours unless she had an emergency or had to get food. I did some further digging, and found out what I believe to be the reason she was placed under investigation. The reason i'm told, is she Supposedly made a statement that our "Lieutenant" was possibly having an affair on his wife. My friend observed this particular Lieutenant loitering and prowling very late one evening. She made eye contact with him on patrol and then he ran on her. She did't make a big deal out of this....I know, she really should have reported it and followed the same steps she would had it been a bad guy because I know, cop can commit crimes too but she didn't. So, getting back to this. She is now on leave for this. Please, if you have any advised or knowledge you would like to share It would be greatly appreciated. I didn't know you could et in trouble over freedom of speech. Please help.

Unregistered
    The department is violating her civil rights. Just because she is being paid does not mean they can dictate where she goes or what she does while on admin leave. Telling her she can not leave home is a violation of several civil rights. In essence they have her on house arrest without a trial. Tell her to hire an attorney.

Unregistered

Is this true?

Is this true? I was told the same thing and was told that if I were to leave my house that I would have to use vacation time as they would only pay me to be at my home from 8-5.

QUOTE=Unregistered;2013382]The department is violating her civil rights. Just because she is being paid does not mean they can dictate where she goes or what she does while on admin leave. Telling her she can not leave home is a violation of several civil rights. In essence they have her on house arrest without a trial. Tell her to hire an attorney.[/QUOTE]

Unregistered
    If the department is paying you, then yes you have to check in and check out and cannot leave during the working hours assigned. Since you are being paid you technically are working.