MDPD scales back public corruption bureau - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: MDPD scales back public corruption bureau

why did all the public corruption dets get great choice jobs?????

Whats the scoop?

you are missing a good story i told you about months ago

Miami-Dade mayor accused of retaliation in cuts to police corruption unit
    By Enrique Flor and Melissa Sanchez el Nuevo Herald
    By Enrique Flor and Melissa Sanchez
    eflor@ElNuevoHerald.com
    Former members of the Miami-Dade Police Public Corruption Unit said they will take their concerns to the FBI about what they called obstruction of an investigation of electoral fraud involving the 2012 campaign of County Mayor Carlos Giménez.
    They also said the recent reductions in the unit amounts to political reprisal for the investigation of absentee-ballot fraud in Hialeah.
    “When the Number One man who has the power to hire and fire the police director is part of the investigation, everybody is scared of doing anything or following the proper police procedures,” said PBA president John Rivera.
    Some of the members involved “have gone to the FBI to report that their investigations have been stopped,” Rivera said.
    Both Giménez and Police Chief J.D. Patterson denied that the mayor influenced the investigation or the decision to reduce the unit from 20 to 10 detectives in late July.
    “I don’t get involved in the day-to-day workings of the department,” Giménez told El Nuevo Herald. “I was never involved in any of the investigations.”
    The mayor said the complainants have political motives because their concerns coincide with a round of negotiations that he will hold with the union beginning next week.
    But the union leader and police sources told El Nuevo Herald that key evidence was concealed for months in the electoral fraud case that exploded a year ago with the arrest of ballot collector Deisy Pentón de Cabrera a few blocks away from Giménez’s campaign office in Hialeah.
    They also questioned why no warrant was executed for a raid on the campaign office, even though Cabrera was seen entering and leaving the place carrying absentee ballots in her hands.
    Channel 41, America TeVe, reported Monday that some former members of the unit planned to appeal to the FBI.
    A detectives from the unit resigned last Friday after being transferred to general investigations in the Doral area.
    Luis Rodríguez, a 29-year veteran, refused to comment, saying he has hired an attorney.
    “I’m evaluating all my legal options,” Rodríguez said.
    Juan Pérez, deputy police director, explained that the decision to transfer Rodríguez was partly due to his participation in the political campaign of Joe Martínez, who ran unsuccessfully against Giménez in 2012.
    While Rodríguez did not violate department rules, Pérez said his political activities were “inappropriate” for an investigator of public corruption.
    “We can’t be in Public Corruption, investigate politicians and be pushing an election for a politician,” Perez said.
    Chief Patterson also expressed displeasure with Rodríguez for nominating Joe Carillo, a private detective, for a Florida Department of Law Enforcement award. Carrillo submitted the initial information against Cabrera in 2012.
    “Luis Rodriguez does not speak for MDPD. I think that’s my job,” Patterson said. Those nominations “should go through my office….It’s not about circumventing any personal favors or personal preferences or whatever caused that. That’s not acceptable.”
    Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/20/3 ... rylink=cpy

“Juan Pérez, deputy police director, explained that the decision to transfer Rodríguez was partly due to his participation in the political campaign of Joe Martinez, who ran unsuccessfully against Giménez in 2012.” This comment clearly demonstrates that our “little general” is and was not ready for prime time. It is an admission that Luis Rodriguez’ transfer was a punitive reprisal for his decision to support Joe A. Martinez. If this is not political corruption at its most crass and revolting, pray tell us what is? Of course that is not the only reason, Rodriguez and fellow Public Corruption Investigation detectives must have been getting close to the critical essence of this blatant violation of our voting rights and Miami-Dade voters must know what mayor Carlos A. Giménez knew and when did he know it. This episode seems so egregious that we hope the Federal Bureau of Investigation assumes responsibility of the investigation; request that a Federal Judge issues an order freezing all documents related to this apparent criminal act and directs the FBI to collect and examine all pertinent documentary evidence. Should FBI find probable cause to believe that a voting rights act crime has been committed, Carlos A. Gimenez and his entourage should be requested to appear before a Federal Grand Jury to help the Government ascertain the truth. Unsullied elections is the right of each American and every effort must be made to ensure that no one soils the process by engaging in what seems to have been an organized voter fraud scheme.

Ha ha ha ha ha hanha. You write well, I'll give you that. The investigation was seen through to the end. People were arrested. How did the mayor interfere with that voter fraud investigation?????? Seems to me he would have interfered before the case was concluded.

The department did away with the Auto Theft Task Force, the cargo theft task force and SSIB and not one person ran away. This unit gets reduced by 50 percent and this guy is not one of the ones that gets to stay, runs away, quits and to top it off goes crying to the media and the FBI? This guy has no credibility in my book.

We are just like Hialeah, the City, & Doral; a third world banana republic.

Congratulations. You must be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Ha ha ha ha ha hanha. You write well, I'll give you that. The investigation was seen through to the end. [Nonsense, the investigation was truncated before light was shone on the "pezzonovante" controlling the "boleteras and boleteros.] People were arrested. [Sure the little pawns used to carry out the dirty work, but not the significant figures.] How did the mayor interfere with that voter fraud investigation?????? [Well, to illustrate, here is an English historical example: "will no-one rid me of this troublesome priest?" Gimenez doesn't have to say do X, so they'll stop doing Y. On the 29th floor of the 111 Building, subtle inferences are understood; you should know better.] Seems to me he would have interfered before the case was concluded. [Maybe he did and that is what must be ascertained.]

The department did away with the Auto Theft Task Force, [As if organized car thieving rings have stopped stealing and cannibalizing vehicles; exporting them re-vined or in parts to the Caribbean, Central, South America and even within the US.] the cargo theft task force [of course organized cargo thefts rings also stopped hijacking tractor-trailers and stealing millions in merchandize. This move was even dumber] and SSIB and not one person ran away. This unit gets reduced by 50 percent and this guy is not one of the ones that gets to stay, runs away, quits and to top it off goes crying to the media and the FBI? This guy has no credibility in my book.
    It will be a very cold day in Hell -- if ever -- before Luis Rodriguez' critics approximate his credibility and proven integrity. Think what you want, the move to decimate the PCIB looks like shit; smells like, so don't swallow Gimenez, Patterson and the little general's rationales for doing it!

Ha ha ha ha ha hanha. You write well, I'll give you that. The investigation was seen through to the end. [Nonsense, the investigation was truncated before light was shone on the "pezzonovante" controlling the "boleteras and boleteros.] People were arrested. [Sure the little pawns used to carry out the dirty work, but not the significant figures.] How did the mayor interfere with that voter fraud investigation?????? [Well, to illustrate, here is an English historical example: "will no-one rid me of this troublesome priest?" Gimenez doesn't have to say do X, so they'll stop doing Y. On the 29th floor of the 111 Building, subtle inferences are understood; you should know better.] Seems to me he would have interfered before the case was concluded. [Maybe he did and that is what must be ascertained.]

The department did away with the Auto Theft Task Force, [As if organized car thieving rings have stopped stealing and cannibalizing vehicles; exporting them re-vined or in parts to the Caribbean, Central, South America and even within the US.] the cargo theft task force [of course organized cargo thefts rings also stopped hijacking tractor-trailers and stealing millions in merchandize. This move was even dumber] and SSIB and not one person ran away. This unit gets reduced by 50 percent and this guy is not one of the ones that gets to stay, runs away, quits and to top it off goes crying to the media and the FBI? This guy has no credibility in my book.
    It will be a very cold day in Hell -- if ever -- before Luis Rodriguez' critics approximate his credibility and proven integrity. Think what you want, the move to decimate the PCIB looks like shit; smells like, so don't swallow Gimenez, Patterson and the little general's rationales for doing it!

I believe Carlos A. Gimenez is an ethical man! As such he will soon direct our director to set up an investigative squad comprised by MDPD’s most experienced, incorruptible and incisive public corruption police investigators; to focus exclusively on this Absentee Ballot Fraud case that is hounding him. The marching orders will be simple, no one and nothing will be exempted and the case will not be closed until each and every lead has been vetted and the case presented to the United States Attorney’s for prosecutorial review. Yes, I know Carlos A. Gimenez will do this; he is that kind of man!

Sarcasm. I get it!

Sarcasm. I get it!
    No, clairvoyant! America TV just reported that Carlos A. Gimenez has directed MDPD director to conduct an incisive investigation to ascertain who failed, obstructed and why! As this point in time; to ensure the utmost transparency, it will be most convincing should FDLE or better yet the FBI assume the investigative process.
    N'est–ce pas?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast