Captains Oral Boards - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Captains Oral Boards

I’d like to thank Mod 1 for re-opening this thread. I’d also like to thank Mod 1 for clarifying that name calling isn’t allowed, unless it’s back up with proof. For example, calling someone a liar is totally unacceptable, but providing a newspaper article that proves that someone was caught lying during an IA investigation is totally acceptable. The article said that Walsh “encouraged” another deputy to lie. That is disgusting. The article also pointed out that jurors didn’t trust him or his testimony. And yet he scored #1 to be promoted into Knight’s inner circle on the 2nd floor. OMG

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I’d like to thank Mod 1 for re-opening this thread. I’d also like to thank Mod 1 for clarifying that name calling isn’t allowed, unless it’s back up with proof. For example, calling someone a liar is totally unacceptable, but providing a newspaper article that proves that someone was caught lying during an IA investigation is totally acceptable. The article said that Walsh “encouraged” another deputy to lie. That is disgusting. The article also pointed out that jurors didn’t trust him or his testimony. And yet he scored #1 to be promoted into Knight’s inner circle on the 2nd floor. OMG
    Just to clarify, in the 2 large red sentences, your second one is correct while your first is incorrect. It is never okay to call some a name, but it is permissible to post a newspaper article showing proof of wrong doing.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

I too would like to thank Mod 1 for stepping in to stop the local mods from deleting newspaper articles (with links) and other non offensive posts. I personally would perfer to stick to the facts, no matter where they may lead. Yep, truth is oftentimes stranger than fiction around here.

L101's post about the robbery cover up is also very bad, but it is also true. I remember it. Quick!!! Someone destroy the microfiche before it gets posted here!!!

The 2nd floor needs to be swept completely clean. :roll:

Arrow Re: Captains Oral Boards

His wife almost left him for this incident. If she knew of the others, she would be gone. Another untrusting soul is the Detective he "encouraged" to lie for him (MM). He should have been terminated on the spot!

Knight is always blaming Balkwill for everything that went wrong, yet Walsh came in #1 under Knight's nose -- and is now slated to be promoted into Knight's inner secret unethical circle. :snicker:

This is an ongoing Knightmare.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

I too would like to thank Mod 1 for stepping in to stop the local mods from deleting newspaper articles (with links) and other non offensive posts. I personally would perfer to stick to the facts, no matter where they may lead. Yep, truth is oftentimes stranger than fiction around here.

L101's post about the robbery cover up is also very bad, but it is also true. I remember it. Quick!!! Someone destroy the microfiche before it gets posted here!!!

To be honest with you, the Mods were doing what I had told them to do in the past. I reconsidered things, consulted the mods, and Sysop and realized I was wrong in disallowing the article and conversation to begin with.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD 1

To be honest with you, the Mods were doing what I had told them to do in the past. I reconsidered things, consulted the mods, and Sysop and realized I was wrong in disallowing the article and conversation to begin with.

Mod 1
    I think if they give JW and extra bar on his shoulder, then maybe L101 can shoot it off. He might miss the first 2 times but he will knock them off on the 3rd time. L101 will make sure he doesnt become Captain.

Quote Originally Posted by S-109
    I think if they give JW and extra bar on his shoulder, then maybe L101 can shoot it off. He might miss the first 2 times but he will knock them off on the 3rd time. L101 will make sure he doesnt become Captain.
    LOL :devil:

Seriously though -- it's crazy that those kind of people cover for each other and they are "in charge" on the 2nd floor. Nothing has changed. Some people call it corruption (married employees having sex with juveniles, Knight's refusing to investigate child pedafilia cases involving captains, the Walsh IA case of lying, Walsh encouraging others to lie during an IA, Steve Burns sig 48 cases, etc...), but in reality, it's just a lack of ethics. Those who happen to be in charge are just unethical men. That's the bottom line and that's why line employees are disgusted with the 2nd floor and the "unethical brotherhood" up there. They cover for each other, but honest deputies are suspended for 2 days without pay for showing up late to a meeting.

I find it ironic that the #1 position on the captain's list was promoted not once but twice after getting suspended for being untruthful in an official proceeding (IA). He bought 45 days for his lying and he threw MM under the bus for a 30 day suspension and he lost his CIS spot only to be reinstated to detective but then goes on to be a liaison to the SAO. Yet JT was terminated for untruthfulness in an official proceeding after 8 years on the agency with no other disciplinary actions. The 2nd floor is as corrupt as Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron
    I find it ironic that the #1 position on the captain's list was promoted not once but twice after getting suspended for being untruthful in an official proceeding (IA). He bought 45 days for his lying and he threw MM under the bus for a 30 day suspension and he lost his CIS spot only to be reinstated to detective but then goes on to be a liaison to the SAO. Yet JT was terminated for untruthfulness in an official proceeding after 8 years on the agency with no other disciplinary actions. The 2nd floor is as corrupt as Chicago!
    I thought Chicago was corrupt until I came to Sarasota! :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by SSO
    Quote Originally Posted by sso
    Face it: the SSO is just like any other elected sheroff's office in the deep south. Sometimes we get an elected guy who is not good for the employees or for the community. Felony criminal allegations are reported to him, but he refuses to investigate. The agency reeks of politics, revenge, paybacks and more unethical crap than we have ever seem here, although the old timers talk about when SSO Sheriff Hardcastle was indicted. We have shiney new equipment (toys) and thats the only thing that Knight expects citizens to notice.
    Pay no attention to the man (Knight) behind the curtain! If Knight has brought anything to this agency, it's more unfairness, political favoritism and acceptance of unethical behaviors of his politically appointed staff ---- while line employees are punished to the maximum extent, simply because they are not politically connected to Knight. :roll:

Look at all these recent freaking political cases under Knight.

• Walsh scoring #1 to be promoted by Knight. [/*:map2yph3]
    • Iorio being punished with trumped up allegations since he reported allegations of pedafilia by Locke. [/*:map2yph3]
    • Olree being suspended by Knight for two hours for showing up late to a meeting to determine the fate of a guy that Knight wanted terminated. Olree was on the opposing side, which is why Knight and Burns and Hoffman wanted him suspended.[/*:map2yph3]
    • The battery cases against Burns.[/*:map2yph3]
    • Hoffman getting caught by CCSO for putting departmental gas in his POV -- and then failing a lie detector test about it -- and then being appointed as the #2 man behind Knight. [/*:map2yph3]

It's all sick-o-ning! We make the Mississippi sheriff's office look like a bunch of choir boyz. :roll:
    Steve Burns leaves this month and Jim Lilly and others are following soon thereafter. It will be interesting to see if Knight promotes Walsh to captain to join the inner circle on the 2nd floor. The media is watching this one. LOL

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast