Deal with both sides of the sex scandal - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Deal with both sides of the sex scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Policecommunity
    I assumed I could get more info from you all if I used a good amount of language. I am not anything to do with LPD. no sandwich in my lap, but it is not uncommon for people to have sexual relationships while at work. it is when they get weird or cause people to be put into the situation of misconduct that it needs to be stopped. from the dispatcher to the chief people act "human." This lady and those guys were in the wrong. The "good" cops? come on. if they had said anything they would have lost. not their job but everything else. 3rd shift groomed, family time and anything they wanted to ever be there. That is the problem. No one can say, to try to fix things their, anything. Is dispatch hiring then? I am interested...Charlie shift talks real loud over dinner.
    Exactly.... If any cop squealed on his own HE would have been the target of untold retaliation. So if a COP can be afraid to report corruption and abuse and were too chicken to do it, then how dare ANY of you claim this woman should have reported what ALL Lakeland cops were too chicken to report? Again, shame on you ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Excactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Policecommunity
    I assumed I could get more info from you all if I used a good amount of language. I am not anything to do with LPD. no sandwich in my lap, but it is not uncommon for people to have sexual relationships while at work. it is when they get weird or cause people to be put into the situation of misconduct that it needs to be stopped. from the dispatcher to the chief people act "human." This lady and those guys were in the wrong. The "good" cops? come on. if they had said anything they would have lost. not their job but everything else. 3rd shift groomed, family time and anything they wanted to ever be there. That is the problem. No one can say, to try to fix things their, anything. Is dispatch hiring then? I am interested...Charlie shift talks real loud over dinner.
    Exactly.... If any cop squealed on his own HE would have been the target of untold retaliation. So if a COP can be afraid to report corruption and abuse and were too chicken to do it, then how dare ANY of you claim this woman should have reported what ALL Lakeland cops were too chicken to report? Again, shame on you ALL.

Yeah, you're right...Imagine her terror when the Fire Fighter and IT dude started flirting with her too!

Well if they were walked in by her boss and he told her to "be nice" to them, it could be.. Were YOU there?

It's pretty obvious that the idiot husband of this "victim" is posting on here under various user names. Who else in their right mind would defend this woman, or try to suggest that she's really a victim? I'm guessing that he's standing by her because he sees a big payday in the near future. Otherwise, why would he humiliate himself by joining her in that pathetic news conference? I'm betting that he's as big a whore as she is. He's just doing it for money instead of the thrill.

Nobody is saying that the entire 7 years of this scandal is all her fault, but she bears as much responsibility as the men do. She could have said no, and should have. She's certainly not the only woman working at LPD. Do all of them behave like whores? Of course not! They behave like self respecting professionals who know they're there to do a job. Do you think she's the only one who might have had a rough childhood? Hell no!! There are plenty of women in the work place who had bad childhoods. They don't use that as an excuse to screw every man that shows them a little attention. Like I said before, she's an insult to every real victim out there. She spent 7 years playing where she was supposed to be working. Now she wants to play victim, and she wants the city to pay her for the mess she got herself into. Even birds are smart enough not to sh** in their own nest. These men are disgusting, but so is she. She deserves nothing but to walk away in complete shame.

But she won't walk away with nothing because it is the men wearing badges and in charge that had and have the ultimate responsibility to dictate and control the work environment NOT HER. If she was a problem then they should have terminated her rather than screwing her. But you dumbasses can't figure that out can you? Just like you deduce that anyone who may support her must be her husband and then extrapolate from that brilliant reasoning that he too must be a whore. It's amazing that there was ever a single crime solved in Lakeland.

She could have just said "no" Gotcha6? That's your perception of this incident? How many times would she have had to say "no"'? I would guess over 100 times at least. There were 20 separate cops that victimized her. If each one asked her 5 times then that's at least 100 times right there. She was asked over and over again year after year by one after the other. It's possible she was asked over 1000 times for sex WHILE AT WORK. But lets be conservative and cut that figure in half to 500 times over 7 years. No wait, lets be extra conservative and cut that figure in half AGAIN to 250. Please explain on what planet that it is permissible for ANY female employee to be asked approximately 250 times for sex at her workplace and that not be considered sexual harassment? Now add in the equation that each one of these individual sexual harassments was done by someone in authority over her. Then add into that equation that each one was an officer of the law sworn to protect and serve. It's NOT her job to say "no". It's the multiple officers job NOT TO ASK! A jury will see it the same way, I assure you. Just wait until the civil case comes out with the details. You think your department looks bad now.....

Stating this woman is not a victim is not reducing what the men did in this case. I don't know the woman thankfully. And for anyone that knows the case inside and out, which probably few on here do, then it's all conjecture. Has anyone read any of the lawsuit complaint laying out what exactly she was put through? How she was allegedly passed around and used? That there were 20 officers? I didn't count that many in the state attorney report. What we do know is this woman got around on and off duty. Hard to defend that based on what is known. Making her out to be a victim 100% of the time from the state attorney report is impossible. You would have to be one weak human being not to be able to make some sort of stand. Where was the husband in all of this? I don't know a single woman who would allow herself to get run over like that. Or not fill in there husband? Or the husband not do something about it. There's to much consensual acts in that report to definitely argue at this point that she was a victim. And the husband was left out of the loop is suspicious. How many people fill there spouse in when there sleeping around? Not a lot. Did she before she got caught? I hope she gets her day in court. But until then I can't and won't view her as a victim.

Either will I!! All she had to do was to say "no" once. If she had, then her name wouldn't have gotten around the agency as someone who was easy to approach, promiscuous, or lacking in self control and a moral work ethic. The men are just as bad as her. ALL of them have hurt every one in that agency, and they all deserve to be fired. But she's just as responsible as the men are. She's no victim! I had a supervisor once make it very clear to me that he wanted to have an affair with me. I'd known him for several years, and never knew how he felt until he told me one night after we'd worked an investigation together. I was shocked! The first person I told was my husband, as soon as I got home that night. The second person I told was my supervision's supervisor, the very next morning. I never even had to file a formal complaint, though I knew that was an option...everyone who works in any of these agencies knows what they can do to stop harassment. The situation was handled discreetly, and I never had another problem with that supervisor. This woman knew exactly what her options were, and she chose to have sex with these men because she wanted to. Now she wants to cry "victim" because she can. It's the double standard of men and women working in the same environment. We don't expect men to claim they've been victims, but we expect it from women. She's a disgrace to every women who has worked in a law enforcement career, and EARNED respect for the jobs they do, and the characters they possess! Victim my a$$! Anyone who is stupid enough to believe she's a victim is just as weak minded as she is.

They only have to convince 12 people that she is a victim. They only have to convince them 51% or a preponderance of the evidence that she is a victim. I don't think there will be any problem doing so.

If I still lived in Lakeland I would sue that woman for wasting my tax dollars. Is that even possible? Lol. Maybe a class action suit? If so that would be funny as hell to see the citizens take a stand like that.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast