Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: FWC Aviation unit

[quote=Guest][quote=Guest666]
    Quote Originally Posted by stateofficer
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest666
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guest":2cwygd41
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guest":2cwygd41
    You good ole boy GFC folks sure cry alot!
    No doubt! I was in FMP back in the day, and we had plenty of aircraft.
    FWC after the merger had the most for a LE agency. With the FMP take-over FWC has very very few. I do not know the exact numbers , a little help?, but it is bad. As to the FMP- you only flew some of the coast- we flew the whole state!
    FYI the reduction in assets was conducted by the GFC leadership in charge just after the merger. As to the GFC state wide flying, I would not call a few management areas and non productive night hunting in a few areas a state wide operation. Most of the GFC flying was in support of Biologists and non productive in LE/Resource missions. Col. Jones changed that. The problem with your aviation support now lies with the current aviation leadership.
    Your problem is you were not there. We used to fly statewide -day and nite, and yes I am an LE. As to nonproductive, I wish you would ask the people we found on various search flights and bad guy locations in rural counties. My problem is in fact with anyone who repeats bs they know nothing about.
    You have no knowledge of what I do or do not know. Suffice it to know that FMP flew nights as well making felony cases using much more sophisticated equipment with better case resolution than the GFC pilots I knew. Get over yourself there is no longer a GFC or FMP what FWC is or becomes is on your shoulders and it is responsible for ALL resources in the State. Quit whining and get back to work.[/quote:2cwygd41]
    Again you confirm your lack of knowledge with "..pilots I knew". So if you did not know about something, it did , or does- I am sure, not exist. What a crock. Do you remember the FMP "pilot" who crashed one plane in the Keys and landed another one without lowering his landing gear?? Keep talkin'.[/quote:2cwygd41]

Yes I certainly did know him and helped have him not work for the agency anymore. Do you know the GFC pilot that crashed by running out of gas on takeoff from an airport with services? Don’t get yourself all in lather; it’s not worth getting in a peeing contest. I’ve been there and done that for more years than you probably have on. Get over yourself and what you think about FMP/GFC its FWC now and things are what they are. I doubt that you or your Lt. knows how to effectively use air support anyway. Have a good day.

[b]To the original poster asking about our aviation section...you are not required to be one of our field officers prior to being one of our law enforcement pilots. It helps, since it will give you a perspective you cannot gain any other way, but it is not required. We are still a large state unit with pilots in Tallahassee, Lake City, St. Augustine, Titusville, Ocala, Lakeland, Ft. Lauderdale, and Marathon. We fly single engine and multi-engine fixed wing airplanes and several types of helicopters, including a UH-1H "Huey" out of Tallahassee. Our missions vary widely and we fly day and night in support of all the various sections of our Division of Law Enforcement. Our aircraft are equipped with FLIR, NIghtSun searchlights, and our pilots fly with aviation specific NVGs. We undergo periodic training in water survival and emergency procedures in addition to our biannual check rides. Most of our pilots are dual rated in helicopters and airplanes, but that is not a requirement. You would need a minimum of commercial license and instrument rating. If you need more info, such as PIC hours, etc., let me know here and I'll help in any way I can. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by River Veteran
    [b]To the original poster asking about our aviation section...you are not required to be one of our field officers prior to being one of our law enforcement pilots. It helps, since it will give you a perspective you cannot gain any other way, but it is not required. We are still a large state unit with pilots in Tallahassee, Lake City, St. Augustine, Titusville, Ocala, Lakeland, Ft. Lauderdale, and Marathon. We fly single engine and multi-engine fixed wing airplanes and several types of helicopters, including a UH-1H "Huey" out of Tallahassee. Our missions vary widely and we fly day and night in support of all the various sections of our Division of Law Enforcement. Our aircraft are equipped with FLIR, NIghtSun searchlights, and our pilots fly with aviation specific NVGs. We undergo periodic training in water survival and emergency procedures in addition to our biannual check rides. Most of our pilots are dual rated in helicopters and airplanes, but that is not a requirement. You would need a minimum of commercial license and instrument rating. If you need more info, such as PIC hours, etc., let me know here and I'll help in any way I can. Good luck.
    Try talking to one of the pilots at the Lakeland field office, 863-648-3200

[quote=Guest666][quote=Guest][quote=Guest666]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest666
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guest":2adq2uj4
    FWC after the merger had the most for a LE agency. With the FMP take-over FWC has very very few. I do not know the exact numbers , a little help?, but it is bad. As to the FMP- you only flew some of the coast- we flew the whole state!
    FYI the reduction in assets was conducted by the GFC leadership in charge just after the merger. As to the GFC state wide flying, I would not call a few management areas and non productive night hunting in a few areas a state wide operation. Most of the GFC flying was in support of Biologists and non productive in LE/Resource missions. Col. Jones changed that. The problem with your aviation support now lies with the current aviation leadership.
    Your problem is you were not there. We used to fly statewide -day and nite, and yes I am an LE. As to nonproductive, I wish you would ask the people we found on various search flights and bad guy locations in rural counties. My problem is in fact with anyone who repeats bs they know nothing about.
    You have no knowledge of what I do or do not know. Suffice it to know that FMP flew nights as well making felony cases using much more sophisticated equipment with better case resolution than the GFC pilots I knew. Get over yourself there is no longer a GFC or FMP what FWC is or becomes is on your shoulders and it is responsible for ALL resources in the State. Quit whining and get back to work.[/quote:2adq2uj4]
    Again you confirm your lack of knowledge with "..pilots I knew". So if you did not know about something, it did , or does- I am sure, not exist. What a crock. Do you remember the FMP "pilot" who crashed one plane in the Keys and landed another one without lowering his landing gear?? Keep talkin'.[/quote:2adq2uj4]

Yes I certainly did know him and helped have him not work for the agency anymore. Do you know the GFC pilot that crashed by running out of gas on takeoff from an airport with services? Don’t get yourself all in lather; it’s not worth getting in a peeing contest. I’ve been there and done that for more years than you probably have on. Get over yourself and what you think about FMP/GFC its FWC now and things are what they are. I doubt that you or your Lt. knows how to effectively use air support anyway. Have a good day.[/quote:2adq2uj4]
    Firstly, Sir or Madam, I have no Lt. Second you talk about not worth a peeing contest and then compare/defend a FMP guy who flew into the ocean without reason and landed an aircraft before he lower his landing gear to a pilot who ran out of fuel in a fixed-wing. As to your vastly greater experience. You again know nothing about it. My first LE academy was in 1978. When was yours? My posts stand, as do yours genius.

[quote=Guest][quote=Guest666][quote=Guest][quote=Guest666]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guest666":h4pbidw6
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guest":h4pbidw6
    You have no knowledge of what I do or do not know. Suffice it to know that FMP flew nights as well making felony cases using much more sophisticated equipment with better case resolution than the GFC pilots I knew. Get over yourself there is no longer a GFC or FMP what FWC is or becomes is on your shoulders and it is responsible for ALL resources in the State. Quit whining and get back to work.[/quote:h4pbidw6]
    Again you confirm your lack of knowledge with "..pilots I knew". So if you did not know about something, it did , or does- I am sure, not exist. What a crock. Do you remember the FMP "pilot" who crashed one plane in the Keys and landed another one without lowering his landing gear?? Keep talkin'.[/quote:h4pbidw6]

Yes I certainly did know him and helped have him not work for the agency anymore. Do you know the GFC pilot that crashed by running out of gas on takeoff from an airport with services? Don’t get yourself all in lather; it’s not worth getting in a peeing contest. I’ve been there and done that for more years than you probably have on. Get over yourself and what you think about FMP/GFC its FWC now and things are what they are. I doubt that you or your Lt. knows how to effectively use air support anyway. Have a good day.[/quote:h4pbidw6]
    Firstly, Sir or Madam, I have no Lt. Second you talk about not worth a peeing contest and then compare/defend a FMP guy who flew into the ocean without reason and landed an aircraft before he lower his landing gear to a pilot who ran out of fuel in a fixed-wing. As to your vastly greater experience. You again know nothing about it. My first LE academy was in 1978. When was yours? My posts stand, as do yours genius.[/quote:h4pbidw6]

The only one here that has no idea of what they are talking about is you. So, I will no longer wage a war of wits with an unarmed person.

[quote=Guest666][quote=Guest][quote=Guest666][quote=Guest][quote=Guest666]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stateofficer":2sz1b62n
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guest666":2sz1b62n
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guest":2sz1b62n
    You have no knowledge of what I do or do not know. Suffice it to know that FMP flew nights as well making felony cases using much more sophisticated equipment with better case resolution than the GFC pilots I knew. Get over yourself there is no longer a GFC or FMP what FWC is or becomes is on your shoulders and it is responsible for ALL resources in the State. Quit whining and get back to work.[/quote:2sz1b62n]
    Again you confirm your lack of knowledge with "..pilots I knew". So if you did not know about something, it did , or does- I am sure, not exist. What a crock. Do you remember the FMP "pilot" who crashed one plane in the Keys and landed another one without lowering his landing gear?? Keep talkin'.[/quote:2sz1b62n]

Yes I certainly did know him and helped have him not work for the agency anymore. Do you know the GFC pilot that crashed by running out of gas on takeoff from an airport with services? Don’t get yourself all in lather; it’s not worth getting in a peeing contest. I’ve been there and done that for more years than you probably have on. Get over yourself and what you think about FMP/GFC its FWC now and things are what they are. I doubt that you or your Lt. knows how to effectively use air support anyway. Have a good day.[/quote:2sz1b62n]
    Firstly, Sir or Madam, I have no Lt. Second you talk about not worth a peeing contest and then compare/defend a FMP guy who flew into the ocean without reason and landed an aircraft before he lower his landing gear to a pilot who ran out of fuel in a fixed-wing. As to your vastly greater experience. You again know nothing about it. My first LE academy was in 1978. When was yours? My posts stand, as do yours genius.[/quote:2sz1b62n]

The only one here that has no idea of what they are talking about is you. So, I will no longer wage a war of wits with an unarmed person.[/quote:2sz1b62n]
    Good to know when you are beaten- me thinks he got ya.

[quote=Guest][quote=Guest666][quote=Guest][quote=Guest666][quote=Guest][quote="Guest666":1z4lysm1]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stateofficer":1z4lysm1
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guest666":1z4lysm1
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guest":1z4lysm1
    You have no knowledge of what I do or do not know. Suffice it to know that FMP flew nights as well making felony cases using much more sophisticated equipment with better case resolution than the GFC pilots I knew. Get over yourself there is no longer a GFC or FMP what FWC is or becomes is on your shoulders and it is responsible for ALL resources in the State. Quit whining and get back to work.[/quote:1z4lysm1]
    Again you confirm your lack of knowledge with "..pilots I knew". So if you did not know about something, it did , or does- I am sure, not exist. What a crock. Do you remember the FMP "pilot" who crashed one plane in the Keys and landed another one without lowering his landing gear?? Keep talkin'.[/quote:1z4lysm1]

Yes I certainly did know him and helped have him not work for the agency anymore. Do you know the GFC pilot that crashed by running out of gas on takeoff from an airport with services? Don’t get yourself all in lather; it’s not worth getting in a peeing contest. I’ve been there and done that for more years than you probably have on. Get over yourself and what you think about FMP/GFC its FWC now and things are what they are. I doubt that you or your Lt. knows how to effectively use air support anyway. Have a good day.[/quote:1z4lysm1]
    Firstly, Sir or Madam, I have no Lt. Second you talk about not worth a peeing contest and then compare/defend a FMP guy who flew into the ocean without reason and landed an aircraft before he lower his landing gear to a pilot who ran out of fuel in a fixed-wing. As to your vastly greater experience. You again know nothing about it. My first LE academy was in 1978. When was yours? My posts stand, as do yours genius.[/quote:1z4lysm1]

The only one here that has no idea of what they are talking about is you. So, I will no longer wage a war of wits with an unarmed person.[/quote:1z4lysm1]
    Good to know when you are beaten- me thinks he got ya.[/quote:1z4lysm1]

No, just got bored with someone that doesn't know sheet.

Than answer the points rather then call names, take your ball and go home with tail between. So to his point, just when did you attend your academy , know-it-all ?

Quote Originally Posted by i'llbite
    Than answer the points rather then call names, take your ball and go home with tail between. So to his point, just when did you attend your academy , know-it-all ?
    The point is he/she/it makes no points to answer just the same babble over and over.

Two direct and simple points (even for you). You make a challenge about experience and he took it. You also said you were done but yet you continue to dribble . So big man, just when did you began your LE career ? Are we to take your refusal to answer your own question as just yet another thing you were wrong about? Thought so.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast