Lawrence Legg v. LEOAFFAIRS.COM, LLC

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Lawrence Legg v. LEOAFFAIRS.COM, LLC

Greetings,

The purpose of this post is not to alarm you, but to inform you of some recent developments that have taken place. In short, LEOAFFAIRS.COM has hired Attorney Luke Lirot in order to protect the identities of some Hollywood PD posters. I am extremely confident that our posters have nothing to worry about and that we will ultimately win this battle, in court if necessary. That said, the plaintiff's attorney wanted us to notify the anonymous posters of these proceedings so that they have an opportunity to respond. That is what we are doing via this post.

On 05/28/13 I was served with a Civil Action Summons from The Law Office Of David H. Pollack, LLC who represents accountant Lawrence Legg. The summons was basically a Subpoena for Discovery in an attempt to identify posters on the LEOAFFAIRS.COM Hollywood Police Department Message Board and on the Sun-Sentinel Message Board. Attorney Pollack wants user information on two (2) LEOAFFAIRS.COM postings attached to the summons (refer to Exhibit C and Exhibit D). Legg and Attorney Pollack believe that Legg was libeled when these two postings suggested that Lawrence Legg CPA was The Waste Man. The bulk of the postings that they want user information on are on the Sun-Sentinel Message Board which we have nothing to do with. I should also point out that many of the postings within the string on our site were deleted before we received a summons for violation of our Terms of Use. You can view the summons by clicking on the following link:

http://www.leoaffairs.com/wp-content...restricted.pdf

I, in turn, hired Attorney Luke Lirot to represent us because we have no intention of handing over any identifying information on these posters. I also do not believe that the postings in question are libelous. Luke Lirot is a First Amendment expert known throughout the country and successfully represented us against the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office back in 2005 - 2006. We won every major legal battle in that case including a decisive victory in the 2nd District Court of Appeal. You can view the Motion To Dismiss that Attorney Lirot filed by clicking on the following link:

http://www.leoaffairs.com/wp-content...y_06-17-13.pdf

Please watch for updates on the case here and, as always, thanks for your support!

Re: Lawrence Legg v. LEOAFFAIRS.COM, LLC

So let me get this straight, you hire First Amendment Rights expert Attorney Luke Lirot to protect us and Larry Legg's attorney responds by asking us anonymous posters to come forward and essentially turn ourselves in? That's a riot!

I read through the summons and was both impressed and surprised, if that makes sense. I was impressed that all of the postings that Legg's camp copied in the complaint (which I would have considered to be libelous) had already been deleted by LEOAFFAIRS before the summons arrived. I was surprised at the two postings the Legg camp is after because I find them in no way libelous...not by any stretch of the imagination. I took the liberty of looking up on the internet who the Waste Man actually is and here is what I came up with:

InternetSlang.com says:
    "Worthless person, waste of space"

The Urban Dictionary (urbandictionary.com) says:
    1. insult - someone who does nothin with their life (or nothing much)
    2. someone who does nothing with their life, most of the time a drunken **** up, sitting on couches in the alleyways of the London streets
    3. A boy that is worthless and has no reason to be living, can also be very stupid and selfcentered.
    4. (noun) A frequent insult principally aimed at a "waste of space"
    5. a man that is waste
    6. it means ****head
    7. British slang for a person who gets intoxicated very frequently, or a person who gets extremely intoxicated. Similar to the term waster

Seeing how this guy is preaching pension reform, I can see why the cops don't like him. He definitely needs to grow some thicker skin though...he's going to get his butt kicked in court.

Good job Mr. DeBlock and Mr. Lirot, I for one appreciate what you are doing for us! Please keep us posted.