Union Issues? - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Union Issues?

Re: Union Issues?

Gene

Thank you for coming on here and answering us. Is there any way those of us that lost a step a few years back will ever get it back and at least put where we should be?

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Step lost
    Gene

Thank you for coming on here and answering us. Is there any way those of us that lost a step a few years back will ever get it back and at least put where we should be?
    Agreed. The loss of that step didn't affect me, but I still think it's something that needs to be fixed and made right.

A fellow TPD Officer just phoned me and asked that I read this blog.
    At this time, I have no intention on running for President of our PBA.
    I also kind of want to set the record straight.

As you all should know, the TPD PBA is made up of a Board of Directors elected by the membership. There are currently 10 Directors that sit on the board. In addition, there are four Executive Board Members; the President, Senior Vice-President, Second Vice President, and Secretary. This makes a total Board membership of 14 persons.
    This November there will be elections for the four Executive Board positions. The current President has announced his intention on running again for a third term. The current Senior Vice President and current Secretary have announced that they will not run. I currently hold the position of Second Vice President.
    There is a rumor going around TPD that only an active Board Member could run for an Executive Board position. That is not true. Any active duty member, with at least three years on the job, who can get ten support signatures by approx Sept 1, 2013, can run.
    I ask the entire membership to encourage officers that they think would best represent them to run for one of the Executive Office positions. I believe that competition brings about debate. And I believe that debate is healthy and necessary for the future of OUR PBA.

Vinny,

Why will you not run? This makes me suspicious. By your not running, I am assuming that you are in support of Greg and what he has accomplished during his tenure.

I for one will wait until this contract is presented to us to decide if I will vote out Greg. For me this is his last shot at doing something for us as our President.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Gericitano
    A fellow TPD Officer just phoned me and asked that I read this blog.
    At this time, I have no intention on running for President of our PBA.
    I also kind of want to set the record straight.
    This is not a "blog", it is a message board. Very big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by interested1
    Gene,

Thank you for serving on our union board and the negotiation team.

Today's email from Greg said we presented (I think) 13 requests. Can you tell us what those items were?
    Well, I did plan on presenting the 13 points here tonight, but between my previous post and now, I have been contacted by Greg. He asked me not to post on here the 13 points. Primarily because of the different people, aka non law-enforcement, and he feels, as do I, that the media does not need to be involved with our negotiations. At least, not in the beginning.

With that being said, I do feel it is our duty to provide our members with what is going on with the PBA. I wish that more members used the PBA forum so maybe we could make that private and give out more information. But sadly enough, there are members that do not even know we have a website.

I will tell you that we are supportive of some of the same issues that most of the members feel are important. I know this is not what you all wanted to hear. I don't want to keep you guys in the dark but at the request of Greg, I will keep it off of here for now. If information is not disseminated in a timely manner, I will definitely revisit my position.

Please feel free to contact me through D2, B cycle, M10 if you want to talk in detail. I will gladly send you my phone number for any other details or union issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Step lost
    Gene

Well, since it was already mentioned in my previous post, I can only say that we have presented it as a wish of the members. We have not gotten any further along in the negotiations to see where the city stands on this issue. Stay tuned.

So the mayor said everyone is getting a 2% raise. Is the union going to get us another 2% or anything more than what the mayor said?

From what I have been told contract negotiations are on-going.

With the step increases that the Mayor promised to keep in and the 2% across the board, the average PBA member would get about a 5% increase. Not bad in these times.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast